We're the CHAMPIONS!!!

RAV-65

• SRC Member
Everyone in my office agrees on one thing....

Singapore football is a waste of time....

Winning the final was a ONE off run....

Watch all the future matches and TIME will reveal the truth....

Im a Singaporean but im also a realistic Singaporean...

Football is all about Consistency and Skills...of which we have precious little...

Think back to the Singapore team of the 70's, then fast forward to today.....

Glaring difference.......

No offense but enjoy all you want with the Champions cos it aint coming again for at least another 10 years.

Me, I'm just a realistic Singaporean

whats this about? the fans have been let down for more than a decade and finally we have another chance to use this victory as a platform towards greater things for local football.

no doubt the fans, media, just about everybody else has been a critic of the local football( national team and s-league) probably from the time we left the m-league to the most recent tiger cup victory. the difference between the criticism they(us, if you include me) shot at the lions and s-league and detractors like yours, is that ours are constructve criticism while yours smells of nothing but the desire to see singapore soccer fail.

i really couldn't find anything constructive in your comments after reading it 3 times over. what exactly is the intention when u decide to post? so that if we really do not win anything for the next 10 years, we'll think back to what you said and go "woah, this forwards, hes got amazing foresight"?

you call yourself a realistic singaporean. i can comprehend the "realistic" part(perhaps). but i struggle to relate you with the word "singaporean".

peace to all,

darren.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE>>>"you call yourself a realistic singaporean. i can comprehend the "realistic" part(perhaps). but i struggle to relate you with the word "singaporean".

Hahaha....cease your struggle..dont want you to over tax your brain....

Identity Card is PINK...says REPUBLIC OF SINGAPORE....

Sheesh...just bcos ppl dont agree with you...you struggle to relate us to the word "Singaporean"...pls la...GROW UP..

There will ALWAYS be a difference in opinion in EVERY discussion

BUT dont get overboard and INSULT my Birth right.

You say,

whats this about? the fans have been let down for more than a decade and finally we have another chance to use this victory as a platform towards greater things for local football.

Do i INSULT you and say you are STUPID for dreaming it will lead to better thing?

No i do not.

You say,

no doubt the fans, media, just about everybody else has been a critic of the local football( national team and s-league) probably from the time we left the m-league to the most recent tiger cup victory. the difference between the criticism they(us, if you include me) shot at the lions and s-league and detractors like yours, is that ours are constructve criticism while yours smells of nothing but the desire to see singapore soccer fail.

Do i INSULT you and say you are STUPID, (again?) and cant understand SIMPLE English? Whose opinion is CONSTRUCTIVE?...its all subject to a matter of interpretation...yours and mine...GROW UP Darren...

No i do not.

Do i INSULT you and say you remind me of my 10 year old nephew...talk ###### and no idea od anything you say?

No i do not.

You say,

i really couldn't find anything constructive in your comments after reading it 3 times over. what exactly is the intention when u decide to post?

Do I INSULT you and say you are REALLY STUPID? Opinions DO NOT always have to be merely constructive.

No i do not.

DO I INSULT you and say you are REALLY REALLY STUPID and therefore I struggle to relate you as a Singaporean?

No i do not.

PLEASE la.....want to have an altercation...fine but lets not INSULT each other's nationality PERSONALLY....

Sheesh....

Didnt realise Im not allowed to post personal opinion/view....

Must be a good citizen like everyone else and CHEER for the fotball team...

Not allowed to say to the contrary...MUST lie and pretend to cheer

Otherwise my PINK IC will change color.....

3 CHEERS FOR THE LIONS!!!

WE ARE THE BEST !!!!!

LIONS FOREVER!!!!!

GO LIONS GO !!!!

HAPPY????? Am i more of a Singaporean now ?????

Please la...Criticise all you want BUT dont INSULT my SINGAPORE birthright.

I did 2 and a half years NS and i like everyone else, WILL die for my COUNTRY so dont get personally and cast doubts on the word SINGAPOREAN personally.

Do I get Personal and INSULT you by saying,

Cheers to all EXCEPT Darren?

No i dont.

Cheers to all

P.S.

Wonder why i only answer back to you, DARREN, and not to flamey & Terryansimon?

Think....

• SRC Member

i've seen too many of your type. they usually dream of the day they can pack their bags and leave for australia. they usually sit in their comfy armchairs and shoot off about the government and the coe, while watching espn and hbo with the air-con on.

and they usually support chelsea. (for now)

i've seen too many of your type. they usually dream of the day they can pack their bags and leave for australia. they usually sit in their comfy armchairs and shoot off about the government and the coe, while watching espn and hbo with the air-con on.

and they usually support chelsea. (for now)

oi. I want to migrate to australia hor. :P

and I sure as hell will never support chelski, I mean chelsea. unless maria sharapova goes to play/be their manager/whatever there, then I'll consider.

Hey guys! Come on...

We're all Singaporeans and we all wan Singapore to do well... :D

Let's all celebrate the great victory, nevermind if we've won against all odds with some good luck coz every team that wins a major competition needs some luck here and there, even if you're BRAZIL!!

Let's not go after one another's throats... Let's chill... :peace:

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

one off? so what? kids like me, post 80s kids, no chance to enjoy the success of 70s soccer. so got to enjoy the success of the 21st century, lor. :P

malaysia cup is not too far away mah..

abbas, alister edward, fandi, sundram, malek, david lee, steven tan..

all 90s, and they won for us the Malaysia cup, which was more more tough.

consistency over several matches.

oi. I want to migrate to australia hor. :P

and I sure as hell will never support chelski, I mean chelsea. unless maria sharapova goes to play/be their manager/whatever there, then I'll consider.

I want gabriel sabatini..

anyone remembers one of the chio Argentina female pioneer b4 all the dumbos (maria sharapova can play though) come abt..

wah lan..

duno dun anyhow says lah..

I thou u small kid if I din see u personally.

she's a famous tennis player in the 90s.

one of the veri chio one.

also there's a perfume after her..

one with skill n beauty.

aiya, maybe you just start to view tennis because of the gals..

but not me.. me total sports fanatic, from balls to wheels..

haha..!!

check link below, couple of links on her.

http://sg.search.yahoo.com/search?p=%22gab...countrySG&x=wrt

DARREN:

Just because you are not mature enough to mix with the right crowd and end up with clowns like those you mentioned, dont go blaming other people for your Infantile selection of friends.

TERRYANSIMON:

call me stupid but...

I don't see the word stupid in darren's post at all?

so what are you getting all hyped up about/over?

He didnt use the word Stupid, I did as a point of comparison..i.e. getting personal.My point to him was , lets keep the altercation on what it should be..FOOTBALL.

Dont go overboard and get personal...IF i wanted to be like him, I would have called him all that, but point is, I did not. So dont cast doubts on me as a SINGAPOREAN just because i express a different view on the football team.

Want to argue, sure but lets not get our national identity involved...or Malaysian or even Australian...OTHERWISE it might well degenerate into Raciasm even...

To Condemn people and stereocast people who migrate to Australia..isnt that Childish and WAY off the topic?

Think logically...how old is Darren?...60? 70 years old? He says he has SEEN TOO MANY of those sort of people...REALLY? .......Unadulterated and Unbiased view?..of a well travelled 70 year old?..maybe even older cos SEEN TOO MANY...

Anyway I digress, this TOPIC is on Singapore football...lets keep the arguments or whatever on what it should be...FOOTBALL...

BWILLY:

malaysia cup is not too far away mah..

abbas, alister edward, fandi, sundram, malek, david lee, steven tan..

all 90s, and they won for us the Malaysia cup, which was more more tough.

consistency over several matches.

Fair point, No arguments there....that was a very good team...probably the most skillful football team even.

I stand corrected :P

KISS:

Don't live on past glory!...in answer to...Think back to the Singapore team of the 70's

Damn....i knew i should never type an answer when im a bit busy...

AMENDMENT:

Think back to the Singapore TEAMS of the 70's, 80's and 90"s.. :lol::lol:

Arguments, Rebuttals...like from BWILLY,...thats what the whole topic is about, should BE about even......FOOTBALL arguments and rebuttals that is...

FOR THE RECORD:

I stay in Dix Road..quite happy..NO intention to migrate.

Watch ESPN..BUT support Liverpool...painful admission based on the way Liverpool is playing....

HBO?...waste time...better spent on Yoga

Goverment...My view in the office has always been very clear..MM Lee is the BEST things that has ever happen to Singapore.

My view on PM Lee Hsien Long has also been very clear..I support him, so what if he is the son..I dont see anything wrong...in fact, I think its GOOD, bcos MM Lee can give the best possible advise and guidance.

Coe?...if i can afford to drive a Lexus, whats a coe?..although I know there a people here who drive LOTUS...... :lol:

Comfy Armchair?...Crumpler Beanbag la....more comfy...

Moral of the RECORD?...Dont say get personal and say things about people you dont know...

Keep the topic on what its all about...FOOTBALL...and Marine Fishes.. :D

That means NO more talking about Gabrielle Sabatini, the Argentinian who always wear SHORT white skirts, white headband and ponytail....... :lol:

oh yes,

I believe with that 90s (with Abbas n Alister as permanent resident) squad we can go far in the Asia Cup and top in the ASEAN.

Nazir Nasir was like Roy Keane of Singapore then.

unfortunately for own selfish reasons, the Malaysian States decide to boot Singapore out of their league.

Remember one match wack Brunei 8-0. I think Nasir score a beautiful bicycle kick.

I thought I was dreaming or watching a Seria A or EPL match.

Lee Mah Hoon was up and coming. Good choice of subs in Steven Tan, Adullah Noor.

Strong winger, D Tokijan. Robust duno wat Abu Bolah. The team then can attack and entertain the crowd.

Look at now, I fall asleep watching halfway thru the finals.

As for Singapore how damn good. Please wake up. Ages back when they declare

"Goal 2010" I was laughing my arse off. If there's such odd open at Singapore Pools,

I will bet my savings. Not tat I did not support Singapore, but the pain n agony that

I suffered after each defeat is not worth my time. Oh yes, my tears did flow when we lost in the Malaysia Cup final once.

Consistently Singapore has been falling over themselves. Looking at it at a netural point. Analysising it correctly, you should noted that Singapore won only when the other side is failing - defence koyuk, striker balloons. Agu can never score much from open play except against lousy team n leaking defence (eg. Indonesia commit too many players up front)

Only few players I see coming out good is Port Dickson and Daniel Bennet.

Our keeper is only so so still.

oh yes, remember we have one skillful Michel Vana, if he did not kelong that is..

solid team combination that make me almost want to drool..

Nice and clear summary Bwilly. I have to agree with you on some of your points.

Although you are pro on that 90's team and me on the 70's/80's team. :lol:

AND THAT.....LADIES AND GENTLEMEN....is what a Forum discussion is all about.

You present your view, I present my view...all based on the topic

No winners or losers, just an exchange of points...

No need to get personal and " STRUGGLE TO RELATE TO A FELLOW FORUMER AS A SINGAPOREAN" just because he goes against your view.

No need to utter moronic and totally baseless statements like " Seen too many...etc " when you dont even know your fellow forumer personally....

Anyway back to football...

Yes, we won the Tiger Cup...big deal..against Top Class Teams? Really?

Were we playing against a FULL TOP Thailand team or were we playing against a TRY out NEW team from Thailand? etc.....as to the rest...too long winded to type out about the rest.

As Rav-65 says: WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!

Nothing wrong with that, as i said in an earlier post, Go ahead and enjoy the win.

But me, I cant really be happy cos I believe its a Fluke...based on the players we have and the opposition we faced.

Nothing wrong with this either, just an opinion.

Disagree if you must / want....BUT dont get personal and insinuate that I'm less of a SINGAPOREAN than you are.

No HYPE, just proud to be a Singaporean.

My Country, SINGAPORE, allows me to have my say WITHOUT loss of privilege as a Singaporean....SO who DIED and made you JUDGE, JURY & EXECUTIONER as to my Singaporean status just because i hold a different view?

On this tiger cup, I did not get too excited myself and my dad was not pacing himself around the room like during the Malaysia Cup times.

My dad don't talk much, so you can see for yourself how "excited" he is on this win.

• SRC Member
On this tiger cup, I did not get too excited myself and my dad was not pacing himself around the room like during the Malaysia Cup times.

My dad don't talk much, so you can see for yourself how "excited" he is on this win.

i got the same thot as u...but hmm how come our s'pore team celebrate like they won the world cup :shock: so that is the limit they can go only? did they realised that they have yet to qualify for the asia cup...not to mention the world cup.. ;)

Seriously said, i don't really see them played very well on this tiger cup...in fact, they lost to Myanmar in the return semi but they said they have not lost a game :shock::shock:

blue.tang

I'd celebrate like as if I won the elections to be the president of the universe if my team was hounded and written off completely by the press prior to the elections, and yet came out to win.

same thing with the singapore team mah.

anyway, to use the famous egyptian sphinx fable, we have to crawl, then walk, then use a walking stick to help us walk. footie in Singapore, whether we like it or not, is still in it's infancy. we can't rest on our laurels, thinking that we're the best. it's a new and dynamic team, compared to the teams of yesterday. you can't compare them both. they are both different elements. let's just hope the new team can surpass the standards set by the previous generations, and learn from their mistakes, whatever they may be.

bwilly

I know of those malaysia cup days. I used to go watch footie then at national stadium and bukit jailil at malaysia, and used to have loads of bottles being thrown at my general direction. but I think when people here talk about past glory, they refer back to the 80s and 70s, and that one is seriously of my reach. :P

Forwards

that is what a forum is all about? fair and political exchange? then why retaliate when darren, in your point of view, started a slugging match? I mean, shouldn't you like. hmm. I don't know, be more political about it, since, according to you, he wasn't political? *sorry. too many punctuations. take away some and it may seem a bit too harsh.*

I'm not taking sides, but I suppose you could have not retaliated in such a manner, ie in bold and conjuring up terms that was never used nor implied *hopefully*. as you know, in football *since we were talking about football* both the person who gave the rough tackle and the player who reacts back ungentlemanly, both will get red carded. (=

I suggest you don't think too much. we're all entitled to our own opinion, and we're entitled to voice it out be it how vocal we are. likewise, we're also entitlted to look at it from one point of view. maybe you can sit back and look at it from another point of view? nobody's insulting your integrity as a singaporean. if that's the case, why don't you go rub GCT's back and say "eh. I'm not quitter hor. why you make sweeping statement?"

my two cents.

and no, I'm not flaming you. I'm very neutral about this. (=

sorry moderators if I seem too. vague/harsh/whatever.

PS. I'm a quitter. I admit. :P

• SRC Member

hi all,

Singapore's recent victory in TC has clearly shown football is not all about technical skills. There are so many aspects of the game or any sports that never really been highlighted due to limited airtime and simply just-too-academica.

The game also emcompasses tactics, attitute and bit of luck. Elements that we all need to make it big in life. In china we cal it tian shi ti li ren he.

I do not know how many here have played football competitively.

Its not about how you win, but did you win? your pick: to lose undeservingly or to win ugly? history only records the champion.

most i-football gurus have more CM softwares than copa mundials. say less if you don't play the game because you will never understand the spirit behind, not even close with daily dose of EPL.

the s-league is modeled after the j-league. observe closely and you see how FAS approach is in tandem with the JFA 5-8 years behind.