Vinceire's new 3x2x2.5 partition tank

Vinceire

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Top view of the MH and hood. :D

One thing I must comment is that the hood is very nicely done and really up to my expectation! All thanks to Tank maker. :thanks:

Sorry Vinceire, just bump into your thread,

this picture makes me wonder.... how old are your kids? from what you say, I guess both your kids are young, less than 10, than having this air gap above the lihts may pose problems like balloons flying in there and then bursting etc, balls thrown in the air and then accidently dropping in...

well, may be a good idea to cover it with eggcrate so that it allows air to pass through without any thing dropping in.

Just a thought.... :P

post-34-1129272201.jpg

Hi cdckjn,

Thanks for the thoughtful suggestion, but it will be quite difficult for my kids to throw in foreign objects as the tank is quite tall. :rolleyes:

Maybe they are too young now..oldest only coming to 4. But both of them are girls so "would be" more gentle than boys..haha :yeah:

Hi bro Tigger,

Aiyah..I still consider newbie when compared to those old-time reefers here.... :pinch:

No special secret..just make sure got enough flow, lights etc..

But I think using RO/DI water does help to improve health and growth of the SPS as the growth in the new tank is much faster as compared to the 4ft. (I use only RO/DI water for the whole tank setup..not a single drop of tap water.) :idea:

• 4 weeks later...

Too lazy to custom build a reservoir tank in the sump area as space is limited. :pinch:

Re-use an Ikea trash container as reservoir tank about 6~7L (save $$) to be placed in the CR compartment. :yeah:

The "other" purchase for the installation. (Eheim 12/16 hose/Atman pump/ hose holder)

post-34-1131377780.jpg

Had to settle for an Atman 600L/H pump as it is the only pump I can find with the straight pin type <_< as the pump connection on the ATO is straight pin.

Personally think it will look too bulky or ugly if an adaptor is used if other pumps with the round pin or 3 pin connectors is installed instead. :shock:

post-34-1131378105.jpg

The ATO comes with 3 mode of installation :D

1) 1 sensor in sump and 1 sensor in reservoir tank (Recommended)

2) 1 sensor in sump

3) 2 sensor in sump (to indicate min/max level)

I went with the recommended method 1 as indicated in the manual that will prevent the pump from running dry as the ATO will switch off the pump once there is insufficient water in the reservoir :kiss:

post-34-1131378335.jpg

Tadah...! :D The ATO in operation. ;)

No more worry of low water level when away for biz trip...haha :D

(Although I always ask my wife to top-up for me but it seems that most of the time she forgets..dunno whether on purpose...so that I can stop spending so much $$ on this hobby :angel: )

post-34-1131378564.jpg