Vinceire's new 3x2x2.5 partition tank

Vinceire

HI Bros,

It's been a while since I am into the reefing and even after spending many hard earn $$$ into current setup, I have never managed to make my wife feel proud of the 4footer that we have in our living room. :cry:

Everytime we visit other reefers place or LFS, she will also throw remarks like " How come your tank never ever looked so nice even after you have spend so much $$?"

Therefore, in order to justify to her to let me keep this very expensive hobby, I have decided to sell away a couple of my precious gadgets (P900 phone) and spare equipments to make a new tank to rekindle her confidence in me again and also her likings to marine reefs. :evil:

So. I started to review my current setup (see pic below) and listed down the following "must included" items to match my wife's expectation.

1) 3 way viewing (My wife have always fancy partition tanks that allowing 3 side viewing)

2) Min depth of 2.5ft (30") (She just luv seeing fishes swim up and down - current tank only 22")

3) Min cabinet height of 36" (My wife is quite tall so she gets quite tired stooping down to view current tank) :pinch:

4) All equipments must be out of view (As with every woman..sigh..)

5) Saftey for kids (No ballast on floor or wiring that might cause tripping)

6) And of course, overall look must be artistically pleasing to her eyes..

With all the above in mind, I started calling all the tank makers available in the industry to get cheapest quote (Limited budget) that also does not comprise quality and workmanship and after many days of talking/asking, I decided to use Gerald aka Tank maker for my project. :yeah:

post-34-1107885036.jpg

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tada....the finished product ! Exactly as per what I have designed ! :D

As you can see, the quality of the carpentry is really good!

Will continue the progress tomorrow by showing the various compartments to hide the equipments. Very tired now as tomorrow still need to go pai nian! :lol:

Stay tune for more updates !

post-34-1107887150.jpg

• SRC Member

Hey dude you sure are ROMANTIC! ;)

There are lesser and lesser guys who are willing to listen to their wives' remarks and even consider taking them seriously (occassionally).

Anyway Nice tank very nicely done. Nice wood colour. ;)

Happy CNY to ya! and of course to your wife as well :lol:

• SRC Member

Either on purpose or a miscalculation by the manufacturer which is quite common, needs a sharp eye yo notice it! :D

Dont think so leh. Looks more like the angle of this shot is he squatting down and shot diagonally from bottom up. Thats what i think. Gotta leave it up to the man to say :P

Finally, got time to carry on with the posting after a long/tired but happy 1st day of CNY. ( Not mentioning waiting for both my kids to sleep... ;) )

Okay..let's get the posting going with a list of equipment for the new tank :D

Lights:

Horizon Venture 2x 250W DE MH w/ Parabolic reflector w/ 10K BLV

2 x 39W AquaZ T5 Actinic blue

2 x 3/4W Coralife Moonlight

Skimmer:

AquaC EV120 with Eheim 1260

CR:

Korallin C1501

FR: Phosban Fluidized Reactor 150

Chiller:

Atman 1/2HP chiller with Modified Fox Controller

Return pump:

Eheim 1262

Wave maker:

Tunze TS7

Rio Seio M1100

All equipments except the 250W MH are existing eqpt that will be transferred from current tank. :lol: