rapalla

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Though I better let you know that the Sgt Major will eat a lot and grow very fast and aggressive, the bicolour dottyback is an aggressive fish and will chase other fishes if you intend to add more fishes to your tank. The green grass (turtle weed) is difficult to keep, require strong lighting and water flow, most will perish in a few months.

Welcome to the hobby.

• SRC Member
bro, u r using only air driven protein skimmer ? dun think it is enough leh...

btw what filtration r u ? canister or sump ? chiller ?

Hi, been using this set up for a year half but nothing goes wrong for my 2ft set up. IMO air driven skimmer should be ok if you do regular water changes and besides me only using a canister for filteration, i don use any chiller, got a few cooling H20 fan on my tank to maintain the temperature at 28 to 26deg. I prefer canister coz its compact and effection... i can sleep peacefully as my canister runs quiet. Unless you got a tank 2ft above, then i should advice a sump is more better and worth it.

With regular water changes and proper maintenance... your tank set up will be succesful another factor is "patient"... :)

• SRC Member
Though I better let you know that the Sgt Major will eat a lot and grow very fast and aggressive, the bicolour dottyback is an aggressive fish and will chase other fishes if you intend to add more fishes to your tank. The green grass (turtle weed) is difficult to keep, require strong lighting and water flow, most will perish in a few months.

Welcome to the hobby.

Hi, been in this hobby for a year... some of the fish is from my previous tank. I'm aware that Sgt Major will grow fast and agressive, onced the fish become agressive and doesn't fit for my 2ft ocean, will let it go for adoption.... so far so good. Agree the bicolor dottyback is agressive, so far doing well and well behaved... should be no probs if i introduced a fish that is much bigger than her... coz i just introduced a soldierfish twice its size... so far so good only sometimes she's bit agressive is someone try to enter her territory!

Anyway thanks for sharing... :)

• SRC Member
i tot u give up on your damsel already?

btw..royal dottyback is agressive.. ;)

nice setup you have

:( my royal dottyback eaten by my newly 2" bream introduced, today he just wack my bluedevil... thinking of selling it away! but now got problem, can't catch the fish as it's hide behind my LR!

• SRC Member

Hi, been using this set up for a year half but nothing goes wrong for my 2ft set up. IMO air driven skimmer should be ok if you do regular water changes and besides me only using a canister for filteration, i don use any chiller, got a few cooling H20 fan on my tank to maintain the temperature at 28 to 26deg. I prefer canister coz its compact and effection... i can sleep peacefully as my canister runs quiet. Unless you got a tank 2ft above, then i should advice a sump is more better and worth it.

With regular water changes and proper maintenance... your tank set up will be succesful another factor is "patient"... :)

bro... wat is H2O cooling fan?? is it expensive??

• SRC Member

my turtle grass die off...

but after i chg its place to directly under my seio 620 it stared to grow out again... maybe u wanna put it uder ur wave maker??