Tank CRASH , so what do you feel

minsmarine

• SRC Member

Only for those who experience the whole tank crash.

Mime SPS tank crashed on eve of CNY due to my itch hand pour so much Ca at one short and PH shot up, CaCo3 floting in the tank and now almost all of my SPS gone. Or rather some SPS end up while color body with green poly.

My second time crash, first was BiColor Blenny.

Feel very louzy wanted to give up but told myself this is life , and still have to go on. Now I have to plan for next.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

May I know is the Ca the diy additives or over the counter kind? Over the counter kind should not have too much effect unless it is the diy additives. I have learned that underdosed is better than overdosed..... It is always easier to correct a underdosed parameter than overdosed parameter. I am speaking from the past experiences......

PS: I am very sad to hear that your SPS tank crash.... before CNY, I read that your SPS colour up nicely when you lowered the temperature.... :(

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member

Same like bro diabolus......3 ftr also.....anemone si liao....that time it was my 1st try on anemone....apparently the shop that sold me the animal never told me that it was dying....bought it at $8/-....because look nice.....

The next day saw its spaghetti came out but think nothing of it....the following day...before leaving for work...like any other day...had a look at the tank 1st & ....of heavens .....the smell was unbearable......then remember read somewhere that when anemone look & make ur tank smell like that meaning no good....only manage to take the animal out but only manage water change when got back 8hrs later...by then......80% ls... :( .....mati..... :cry2:

• SRC Member

mine crashed while i was in BMT. stupid sea cucumber decided to explore my PH and got sucked in. according to the on-site witness (aka my mom), the water turned black and soon after that, everything else died.

i didn't noe wat to do aft hearin' the news that night. totally shocked. now i'm just waitin' for the right opportunity to start another tank.

• SRC Member

bro bro bro.............

sad sad sad...................................... :cry2::cry2::cry2:

why have u done this to your tank.................?

wa lau u have spend so much effort on ur sps and told me alot of time tat ur sps coloured up nicely liao............

you see ........................... :blink:

think u got to do something about ur itchy hand lor...........

ok ok nvm.................

think is good for you.............

this time u can have a good reason to upgrade your tank liao............. :rolleyes:

:D:D:D

• SRC Member

hmmm.. fell sad about wad has happen.. hmmm.. bro.. bu yao qin yan fang qi.. fou zhe dui bu qi ur fish.. :upsidedown: ( never give up easily) hahax.. cheers..

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

• SRC Member

This morning, before heading to work, saw my tank water cloudy. Checked and discovered my macro algae all turned asexual. Quickly removed them but no time to change water. Now hoping for the best till I reach home tonight at 9 pm! :cry:

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member

Hi Min, sorry to hear about your tank situation over CNY.

Learn from it, save whatever you can, look forward and plan for a more formidable setup.

Didn't have time to catchup with you for a while now. I hardly in singapore nowadays, even over CNY !!

Nickel.

• SRC Member

Ha I am taking easy, starting counting how much I have to start collecting SPS again. Well , I will not give up unless I have no money to spent on SPS :) I hope there will be enough flow for me to spent.

Wanted to go for bigger tank, my CA reactor is on the way , supposed to collect tomorrow. Planning to build bigger and better skimmer. But will keep existing 3' for awhile untill I have enough $ to demolish toilet to become big big sump :)

Anyway, thank lot to Neokh and SBS who helped me while I need the most.

It's life, we make mistake and learned from there. It's good that we won't make same mistake.....

BTW, it's funny thing, all of my SPS gone, however 3 colonies of Digima NOT DIE OFF. Howww, saved me 100S$ :) May be they are so hardy.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

bro bro bro.............

sad sad sad...................................... :cry2::cry2::cry2:

why have u done this to your tank.................?

wa lau u have spend so much effort on ur sps and told me alot of time tat ur sps coloured up nicely liao............

you see ........................... :blink:

think u got to do something about ur itchy hand lor...........

ok ok nvm.................

think is good for you.............

this time u can have a good reason to upgrade your tank liao............. :rolleyes:

:D:D:D

haha ya loh.. your itchy hand love to rescape also.. very dangerous.... nvm keep trying dun give up... then again its after CNY.. many nice sps or coral shipment are coming.. lolx

• SRC Member

Hey hey my rescaping never loss any thing....... not once not twice not trice, so many time till I can't count.

I'd no problem with rescaping lay. I planned to rescape 2 days before CNY eve and bad could not buy salt/sand so I postponed and happen. Geeee if I had recaped than I won't loss anything.

Final Loss list.

27 Colonies of SPS.

1 Long Nose Hawk Fish.

Do you notice, I didn't loss any fish, except for LNHawk, its me put him in the frash water ( GEEEEZ me gone hey wire once tank crash ) and he was the one to take out from the tank first.

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

i noe it may be quite 'sian' to hav this knida thing happen to u on a holiday like that, but hey, dun give up bro... a post of "Giving up sales" (which seems to be the 'in' thing nowadays) is the last thing i wanna hear from u :)

i believe u can do betta than wat u did earlier on ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Yo Bro from Bangkok :)

My tank has recovered from crash. Tried fast method to recover fast :). Already stocked up SPS to full and now ton of fish. Now BROKE.

Most SPS r with me for at least 1 week and start coloring up :P.

So when u back on weekend u could visit already haa haaa.

But I am heading there on wednesday.

Ocean Gump