Fire Goby attempted suicide, why?

kokhui

• SRC Member

Hi,

Today my toddler girl ran to me and told me that the fire goby had jumped out of the tank. I really discovered the fish on the floor, mananged to get it back into the tank, it swam away but went to the rocks, not sure if it will die.

Do you think it can make it?

I think this not pnly happens to me, I had read some reefers having such happennings too! Why do fish do that? :(

• SRC Member
Hi,

Today my toddler girl ran to me and told me that the fire goby had jumped out of the tank. I really discovered the fish on the floor, mananged to get it back into the tank, it swam away but went to the rocks, not sure if it will die.

Do you think it can make it?

I think this not pnly happens to me, I had read some reefers having such happennings too! Why do fish do that? :(

they had been stressed by something...maybe some other bigger fishes

• SRC Member

These are shy fishes and known to be high jumpers, unless you do not have peaceful and big fishes you have a better chance to keep this beautiful fishes otherwise it will disappear as it is a shy feeder and hides most of the time esp if you have big fishes like tangs and aggressive fishes like damsels, wrasses etc.

• SRC Member
you got a 6 line or other warrse in there?

No such fish in there, however I did some reconfiguration to the IOS sump some days back and there had caused some turbulance in the main tank for a while. Not sure if this had stressed it? :(