OSI Spirulina Nibblers

Norvin Ng

• SRC Member

They comes in tabs that you just need press onto the glass tank wall and in a while, you will see the fishes hovering around it. It funny because they know its food but not sure how to "approach" it. Once they get the hang of it, each will take turn to nibble at it (as the product name suggest). Surprised even my shy flamy angel ( a real fussy eater) will be out of the rocks nibbling even when I am standing near the tank.

Expensive though ( I think), 30 tabs for S$15. I guess I have to "pay" for them to come out for my enjoyment!!

Anyone else tried it with different results?

post-14-1036392104.jpg

• SRC Member

Interesting! Where did you get it? I would love to get my hands on some.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Yeap, its from Marine Life Hong Leong Gardens. Recommended by Patrick. Just press the tab onto the glass, sit back and watch.

Bought this as my tang is "high class".... not interested in lettuce and supermarket nori. I was using vege flakes but they started to breakdown into very small pieces and grew some whitish stuff on them (look like fungus).

• 3 years later...

Will the sticking on glass leave any stain behind?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• 3 weeks later...

I believed its powder, hence alot of wastage is expected, very much like GP.

Actually bro if you compare this with other forums of food mixed that contains spriruzina the total intake of this substance will be higher. Powder or not try feeding withthis sets of instruction and wastage will be reduce greatly!!!

Bro you dont feed the Spiruzina powder directly into the water lah!! Follow this sets of instruction as follow.

1)Mix spirulina with some water(not to much).

2)Stir it with a spoon until its fully dissolved

3)Throw your Brine or Mysis into mixture stir it

4)You should see a paste like effect at the end

5)Feed it to your fish as many times as you can daily.

You will see the results......in no time!!!

Actually bro if you compare this with other forums of food mixed that contains spriruzina the total intake of this substance will be higher. Powder or not try feeding withthis sets of instruction and wastage will be reduce greatly!!!

Bro you dont feed the Spiruzina powder directly into the water lah!! Follow this sets of instruction as follow.

1)Mix spirulina with some water(not to much).

2)Stir it with a spoon until its fully dissolved

3)Throw your Brine or Mysis into mixture stir it

4)You should see a paste like effect at the end

5)Feed it to your fish as many times as you can daily.

You will see the results......in no time!!!

I know how to use this pdt. But when u mix it to form a paste, when the paste touch water, all the spirulina particle gets disperse in the water column, as such, u are wasting the powder.

• 8 months later...