Nickel

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Many thanks to all for supporting this thread. I had received a lot of PMs on words of encouragement and offer of help. I hereby sincerely thank all of you here. I had been quite busy doing some networking as well as well as talking to recruiters in my search for job. Will keep all updated if any positive development.

I had also received many PM asking for the optional items and yet to response to those PMs. As my tank is still in full operation, I still need them for the time being until buyer of tank do not need them. I wil keep all your PMs (provided it is not overloading my inbox) and inform you once the item you interested in are available. So anyone showed interests will be notified first. Hope you can understand as I prefer to let the buyer choose what items he/she needs before selling the rest individually.

If anyone seriously wants the entire setup, we can certainly work out a reasonable package price.

Once again, thank for all kind and encouraging words. You all take care too.

Cheers.

• SRC Member

Why is good about this tank?

I have personally seen his tank and this is what I think

1) In each of the overflow column, there are two pipes. One for up and another one down. The down pipes is durso pipes if I am not wrong.

2) In each column of overflow, there is potential that macro algae will grow in it 'cos there are lighting from the display tank.

3) all corners of the tank are enforced to prevent leaking

4) flexibility in lighting system ie 2 or 3 MH

5) Ability to house 2 skimmers to remove as much DOC before they breakdown.

6) Additional 2 feet species only tank. ie A all-in-one tank

PS: Normally I don't upz sales.....

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member

Thanks for all the support.

As Kareen mentioned in first-person comments, those are some considerations I had designed into the tank setup. What some reefers who saw the setup and those corals previously in the tank are the very same corals you will see today, only bigger or multiplied.

The species tank used to be a seahorse tank. It can also be use for lions, angels, batfish or other non-reef-safe LS :yeah: , while the main tank remain as a reef tank. All supported by 1 chiller and sump.

Apologies to those who requested for buy those optional items, like MH, sump, tunze....etc. Pls understand that the tank is still as you sees it in the pic taken yesterday, ie., full operating condition. I can't simply take out, example, a return pump, or sump to sell you while the tank is running.

As mentioned above, I will let the buyer of the tank first right of refusal to buy those optional itemsas they formed an integral part of a functional tanksetup. Prior to tearing down, I will PM those who indicated interest for individual items left over for sale, as well as all corals/fish, equipment.......etc. Hence I would not wish to list individual items when the buyer has first right to purchase.

Best regards.

• SRC Member

I saw the tank last night and was knocked out what a great set up apart from visually appealing, there is no water sound looks very peaceful the water cascading into the overflow. there is no heat from the lights it is sucked right out before it has time to evaporate half the tank and fry your LS. If I can convince my wife to let another tank into the house I will be getting it. Serious buyers should look at this but ok to wait until I finish begging the wife haha

• SRC Member

darrel, nice meeting you too. Your rushing to airport to fetch friends reminds me of my routine for the past couple of months :lol::lol: ... but for time being, I am grounded.

Some reefers upgrade, or combined their few tanks into a single setup, which is 1 of my objective in designing my setup like it is. As you highlighted, I took into consideration all possible scenarios such as waterfall noise, earth-grounding and fail-protection, types of LS eg reef and non-reef, SH, etc, and incorporated it into the design.

I will be glad to host you and your wife whenever you take a stroll across the road ;) . Seeing it makes it easier to convince anyone !!

Also, thanks to those reefers who came by yesterday. Any further queries, just PM me.

I am sure the real setup looks much better than the pics I posted.

Cheers.

• SRC Member

UPZ for your sale! Good luck! :)

If anyone looking for a fully set-up tank at great price this is it!

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• SRC Member

Thanks to those who'd PMed me and viewed the setup over the last couple of days. I would have responded to all by now unless you just indicated interest other than the tank which I will respond to for any left over items.

Also, pls understand that I cannot reserve the tankset or any items without a deposit, to be fair to any serious buyer pending considerations. Only upon a deposit paid, for which we will both sign a statement detailing our committments to sell/buy the respective items (tankset has to be committed first), will our mutual commitment be bound.

So it will be a first-deposit-paid-first-sell basis.

Best regards.

• SRC Member

Thanks for support.

I had responded to all PMs.

As I had highlighted, I can only reserve tankset upon a deposit paid. Kindly understand as well as I will post any of those optional items that the tank buyer do not need.

Regards.

• SRC Member
Upz for your sale bro. I might be following your step :(

Hi min, it is okay if you mean follow my steps to sell tank. However, better ensure your job is safe. But sometime you never know when a poison dart comes from the back. Though I am trying to manage financially, but it is the mental stress that is unbearable.

Anyone keen in the tankset and/or optional items can PM me to arrange for viewings. If you want the entire setup, we can discuss a package price. I may be out talking to my contacts to help for a job so we can co-ordinate the viewing date/time.

Cheers.