- in the same tub there are also Yellow plates

- price is typical

- no one seem to be interested

- can't see any in the display tanks

<_<

• SRC Member
what the $)(#@@! very irresponsible of this lfs to sell dyed corals. <_<

Guess this works 2 ways.

We must be educated ourselves and not go for anything out of the 'normal' unless

of course we 'know' it is not normal.

If there is demand for 'exotic' stuff there will always be supply be it this or any LFS. No one is to be blame, only ourself. :lol:

• SRC Member

it looks good anyway.

hope the colour stays on

regards,

LaW

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Sponsor

Guess this works 2 ways.

We must be educated ourselves and not go for anything out of the 'normal' unless

of course we 'know' it is not normal.

If there is demand for 'exotic' stuff there will always be supply be it this or any LFS. No one is to be blame, only ourself. :lol:

Hi Lee,

I was concerned about the colour of the coral so I checked with my supplier last night. He said he will get back to me as he say he bought it in the same colour. Either his divers dye this lobo or he acting blur.

If you are uncertain and feel uneasy keeping the corals, no obligation. Just send back to me and I will give you a full refund - I sold to you @ $30.00.

I am totally against coral dye so if it's really dye and colour not going to stay, I will too not pay my supplier! :angry:

Do refer to our Facebook Page : Iwarna Aquafarm

Pictures are uploaded there for new shipments. Thank you.

Untitled-1copy.jpg

*We have strict reservation policies for livestock, please refer to our sponsor forum for more information.

• SRC Member

Hi Lee,

I was concerned about the colour of the coral so I checked with my supplier last night. He said he will get back to me as he say he bought it in the same colour. Either his divers dye this lobo or he acting blur.

If you are uncertain and feel uneasy keeping the corals, no obligation. Just send back to me and I will give you a full refund - I sold to you @ $30.00.

I am totally against coral dye so if it's really dye and colour not going to stay, I will too not pay my supplier! :angry:

Thanks for the concern.

No problem. Should have guessed for that color & price.

Will keep a close monitoring for any color change.

The 'yellow' color just seem so real. It even flourescene under actinic.

If it is really 'dye' those guys must have done a pretty good job.

Anyone know how coral dying is done and if the dye residue is bad for the water. Only come across in Freshwater fish such as those multicolor parrot fish, glass fish, abino cory,etc.

• SRC Member

My observation, in general, is that if the colour of a coral is too evenly coloured throughout, I would suspect it high chance to be dyed. That was my impression when I saw the first pic in this thread.

Reason being in the course of typical growth, the newer parts will normally be of different colour from the more mature parts.

Anyone can comment and share their views how to spot dyed corals so that we can be more aware?

• SRC Member

Dyed coral actually suffers and will take time to revert into it's original colour if you are luck otherwise it will slowly waste away after a few months.

The LFS should know that this is coral is dyed as they have been in this trade long enough, anyway they have acted responsibly to take it back for a full refund.

Other commonly dyed corals are goniopora/flowerpot, sinularia/finger corals and brains to name a few. Common dye colours are bright yellow and pink.

Most LFS are here to make a profit and if it sells they will bring them in, whether it's fishes or corals, they don't pay much attention to whether it is hardy or dyed, fast in fast out policy as the mortality is high for this trade so are the risks.

• SRC Member

Actually, one good way, I realised, to identify whether the coral is dyed is to look at the bones. If the bones are also yellow tinted, then most likely the coral is dyed. But recently, there are also some corals that only have their flesh dyed. Seems that the exporters took more care in some cases to dye them.