How to maintain stable water condition?

flying carpet

Hi Flying Carpet,

No offense but your question is too vague liao thus very hard for us to answer.

Maybe you can read the pinned up threads in the New To Marine Auqria Hobby Forums to have an idea what is the basic husbandry first.

And whatever you do not understand, you may than specifically asked.

Cheers, ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Okay guys this is the situation dispite all the specs which may seems good. A few weeks before I bought a brain coral, a hammer coral and red base purple anemone. The brain coral die then the hammer have like six stalks 3 stalks die so left 3 stalks and the anemone die. So that the situation. Can you guys help out here? Is my water not stable or is it something else. I already did water change last 2 weeks. As for the fishes they are still swimming. I have been runing my tank for 4 mths.

HELP!!! :bow::bow::bow:

• SRC Member

still not enough details. What lights are you using? Where are the corals place...you meaused ammonia and nitrate but how about nitrite, how long have your tank been running....you mention few fishes, what are they (if you keeping angel's your corals might be dieing of something else)?????

finally, if you are having corals problem, your title should be something like ... "why is my brain dying...."....then a least we know how to help...

• SRC Member
Okay guys this is the situation dispite all the specs which may seems good. A few weeks before I bought a brain coral, a hammer coral and red base purple anemone. The brain coral die then the hammer have like six stalks 3 stalks die so left 3 stalks and the anemone die. So that the situation. Can you guys help out here? Is my water not stable or is it something else. I already did water change last 2 weeks. As for the fishes they are still swimming. I have been runing my tank for 4 mths.

HELP!!! :bow::bow::bow:

Brains and hammers are LPS. They need good lightings and also what's your calcium and kH?

• SRC Member

Okay guys thanks for all the reply and Gouldian i am not offended. My nephew highlighted to me that he saw my coral beauty and emperor angels are nipping on prata. I now know whats the cause. So I'm going to shift them both to a different tank. My poor coral :cry2: guest have to go get new ones. Thank you all you guys rock be it those who scroll through or those who offer help :thanks:

Regards

• SRC Member

Generally to try maintain the water quality, practically it need constant monitoring.

Its tedious, that's why ppl spent so much $$$ on devices to automate those tasks. Like Ca Ractor, auto top-off, vitamin monitor, etc.

Your feeding also part of it, but this practically still need manual approach.

• SRC Member

Bro flying carpet, there 2 types of water maintanaence.

1)Water quality.

Filtration, skimming,water changes etc.

2)Water chemistry.

Dosing of additiives to maintain Ca,Mg,Iodine,Strongtium etc to within NSW

levels.

As you have been vague about which one then there's very little we can advise.

• SRC Member
Generally to try maintain the water quality, practically it need constant monitoring.

Its tedious, that's why ppl spent so much $$$ on devices to automate those tasks. Like Ca Ractor, auto top-off, vitamin monitor, etc.

Your feeding also part of it, but this practically still need manual approach.

bro... wats vitamins mornitor??? u mean beside those additive corals need vitamins too?? wat r the vitamins that they need??

• SRC Member
bro... wats vitamins mornitor??? u mean beside those additive corals need vitamins too?? wat r the vitamins that they need??

Those 3 part vitamin\mineral supplement system, practically for demanding stocks like SPS. Like Zeovit.

Adv stuff ($$$)