Looking for renovation advice..

ervine

• SRC Member

Hi guys,

I'm renting a old 2nd storey shophouse and i was thinking of how to renovate it under a tight budget. Problem is, I don't even know how to estimate how much money is needed. So i figured I better ask around before I go out and possibly get chopped by contractors.

Basically i've singled out the 3 most expensive components of the renovation works and I was hoping you guys could give me a rough estimate of how much it might cost.

1. remove existing partitions and replace it with a sliding or folding partition (pref. wood based)

2. install a glass partition with glass door at the top of the stairs (to keep the a/c in)

3. tile the backyard/kitchen/toilets with stone looking ceramic tiles

other smaller works probably include:

cleaning and re-varnishing exisiting wooden floor

demolishing and replacing existing railings

fixing ceiling boards

simple paint jobs

fixing up water pipes if required

add skirting... etc etc

total floor area approx 700sqft

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ervine