Coral For Sale

DaY

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Please let me know when u hv new sea lettuce

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

Day... I think in future I won't allow such coral sales from now on as I think SRC shouldn't promote commercial gain from wild harvesting of corals from dubious sources by hobbyists.

Especially more so when these corals are being sold to hobbyists who may not have the skills, experience and setup required and may be doomed to die in their tanks.

It's also to protect you as no doubt AVA may want to enforce CITES laws protecting illegal/unregulated harvesting of corals and may come down hard on you as an example. If you are a LFS posing as a hobbyist, then my terms and conditions will apply anyway regarding commercial posts. ;)

If you are selling frags of corals that you have propagated yourself... then you have my full blessings.

But from what I think is happening... you are somehow getting someone to pick corals, not for your own tank but for sale... for your commercial gain. And that I can't allow.

Hope you can understand where I am coming from.

ps - these concerns are echoed by many people who have PMed me.

AT

• SRC Member

No problem AT.. but from what i read in your comment.

it mean i can still sell my acro frags?..

or mushroom, Goni, Sea Lettuce or buttons which i propagated ?

Btw,sea lettuce does not come under your "No selling rules" right?

Anyway,i msg you b4 with regards to selling of corals but you never respond. Thus i did not know what your stand is.

I also not a LFS posing as a hobbyist..you can check out with some of them like Joe or those who came over to my house b4..

Think i just have to off load the corals to others LFS who is buying them from me also instead of keeping some of them for SRC ppl.....

but thanx for advising, however for those who have been regulars, you can still contact me for my coral supply just that i would not be putting them up here or you can pm me your email address/hp..i only have a few of you guys hp number :thanks:

• SRC Member

:off:

but as i would not be posting any coral for sale here anymore.

*edited by AT : day, sorry, but I won't be allowing links to the commercial sale of corals, indirectly or directly as mentioned in my PM* - AT

My stand is pretty clear. If you are getting corals for reselling... it's clearly commercial.

My other reasons as stated above is also for your own protection.

If you have clearly propagated your own coral frags... then by all means, trade or sell them... captive bred corals acclimatize better but you should only sell them to people who KNOWS how to take care of them.. especially SPS corals.

AT

• SRC Member

Hmmm i found lots of cup coral at one of the singapore coast... U sure they can be addded to our tank??? i am afraid it will release toxic to the tank one day.. this is wat happen to a malay reefer to add sum corals from singapore coast into his tank.

Not bad huh.... get so many corals from singapore coast and sell. earn huh~

:bow::bow::bow::bow:

My stand is pretty clear. If you are getting corals for reselling... it's clearly commercial.

My other reasons as stated above is also for your own protection.

If you have clearly propagated your own coral frags... then by all means, trade or sell them... captive bred corals acclimatize better but you should only sell them to people who KNOWS how to take care of them.. especially SPS corals.

AT

wat abt those that was bought from LFS, but no longer

can keep it, retire from marine or some other reasons

need to sell from personal collections??

Definitely no commercial can or not?

also there's a few commercial post too, esp tank maker

lobang, did not do anything but just middle man get

some commission? that's no commercial? N its mention

in the thread, esp he's making a tidy sum.

• SRC Member
berrykin Posted on Sep 15 2003, 04:00 PM

Hmmm i found lots of cup coral at one of the singapore coast... U sure they can be addded to our tank??? i am afraid it will release toxic to the tank one day.. this is wat happen to a malay reefer to add sum corals from singapore coast into his tank.

Not bad huh.... get so many corals from singapore coast and sell. earn huh~

you only get cup corals from local water.

i getting mine one including bubbles/acro/poci/hammer/cup/scroll/hydnoproa/brains corals etc from other places not in sg mah..

yours might release toxic..

might wouldn't. My Livestock is gotten from some place where some other farms

get their livestock from.

If u want, you can also go ahead and havest from local singapore coast

i also want to see what kind of stock you can get.

• SRC Member

wat abt those that was bought from LFS, but no longer

can keep it, retire from marine or some other reasons

need to sell from personal collections??

Definitely no commercial can or not?

also there's a few commercial post too, esp tank maker

lobang, did not do anything but just middle man get

some commission? that's no commercial? N its mention

in the thread, esp he's making a tidy sum.

i am confuse liao ~