Newbie here~

• SRC Member

A sincere greeting to all reefers here...i pretty new to this forum and i will appreciate it if experienced reefer like u guys are able to guide me in my quest for successful reefing....(currently thinking of starting a nano-reef) ;)

once again, im a 99.9% newbie in reefing(0.1% probably due to reading the forum for a few weeks + my dad have once set-up a 5footer reef)...so plz pardon me for posting any newbie questions :sick: and treatin' me as a pest :cry: cuz i really love reefing n would definitely wanna be like u guys

:thanks: alot for popin' in

-GinGerFisH86

• SRC Member

welcome to the club

if you really love reefing, remember to be very responsible for your pets.

remember the come from nature and supply is limited...protect them and give them the best you can

responsibility applies not just to fishes but to dogs, cats, rabbits etc. etc.

you're very lucky to have a dad with experiece...how many of us have that :D

hope to see you successful!

• SRC Member

hello rawknmetal.....rock never die :evil:

displine..ensure u got the time to take care.

read more. get info of each individual creature

and coral before buying them. money...be prepare ;)

if you're in doubt or need help, just post a question here...there's a lot

of nice bro and sis in SRC that will help you.

welcome to SRC ;)

• SRC Member
welcome to the club

if you really love reefing, remember to be very responsible for your pets.

remember the come from nature and supply is limited...protect them and give them the best you can

responsibility applies not just to fishes but to dogs, cats, rabbits etc. etc.

you're very lucky to have a dad with experiece...how many of us have that :D

hope to see you successful!

shoelevy

ur words sound very noble leh...... :blink:

cools!!!! :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

noble?

no la, perhaps the tone was wrong, paiseh, wasn't looking to be noble...but rather just stating some ethical issues i feel strongly about. i'm sure you treat your fishes well too ;)

noble should be left for people with lots of experience such as yourself and many who no longer frequent this forum :)

• SRC Member

Welcome to the club buddy. I'm sure each and everyone one of us here shares the joy of reefing. Its a beautiful hobby and it can also be a headache. Reefing not only consist of husbandry skills and good equipments. Alot of reading is also required to gain the basic knowledge. Below is a few good marine sites which i want to share with you and hope it will help guide you along the way.

http://saltaquarium.about.com/cs/azsiteind...a_siteindex.htm

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/

http://www.fishdoc.co.uk/index.htm

Lastly, being a member of SRC, you are most welcomed to post your queries in here and hopefully we could help enlighten them.

Cheers buddy.. Reefing Forever!

• SRC Member

dun worry... we were once like you.

keep popping us with questions.

i bet most of us would be gald to share.

happy reefing... and be patience with it. =P

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

welcome welcome to the world of endless spending...endless knowledge..endless stocking...endless nonsenses...and endless bunch of new friends that u happen to meet!!!!!!! :P:P:P:P

anyway, welcome to the club! may we share and share our knowledge and $$ if possible!!!

• SRC Member

manson is over....

yet to check out his new album....

myself.... i am a hillary duff/lindsay lohan convert.... :P

seriously.... i listen to LP only.... :P

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.