Mac Users

madmac

• SRC Member

Wondering if there are any Mac users among the reefers here... :P

I was at Wheelock pl to get a copy of Tiger, it was packed... can't wait to hv it installed and see what the fuss's alll about.. :lol:

Tiger, tiger, burning bright,

In the forest of the night,

What immortal hand or eye

Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

In what distant deeps or skies

Burnt the fire of thine eyes?

On what wings dare he aspire?

What the hand dare seize the fire?

• SRC Member
hey! when i got my power book .. it was panther version leh..

so what so good about this tiger thing...

how much more to pay har?? :D

The difference looks subtle at first glance... cosmetically don't think theres a major change... According to Apple, 200 new/improved features are added over 10.3, aka Panther. I've started to play around with it now, (fell asleep while waiting for the completion last nite)... I'd be happy if I can find 50 new and useful features for myself...

So far the Spotlight search feature looks truly amazing, haven't seen anything like it before. It searches words across everything, from filenames to comments in pics to disclaimers in PDFs...

Personally think the real beneficary of Tiger will be those with G5s macs to fully use the 64 bit thinggy... then again one needs to have matching 64 bit app compilation and memory... $$$$

So far, the G5 iMac seems pretty responsive, and thats cool, but its always like that after a new point upgrade installation of Mac OS X.

Single computer license is S$248, family pack for 5 computers in a single household is S$388..

4 reefers counting, gothia, loster, mUAr_cHEe? and me... gosh is that all?... anyway you three will be my mac pals here :rolleyes: ... sorry akahoshi that doesn't counts. :evil:

• SRC Member

The difference looks subtle at first glance... cosmetically don't think theres a major change... According to Apple, 200 new/improved features are added over 10.3, aka Panther. I've started to play around with it now, (fell asleep while waiting for the completion last nite)... I'd be happy if I can find 50 new and useful features for myself...

So far the Spotlight search feature looks truly amazing, haven't seen anything like it before. It searches words across everything, from filenames to comments in pics to disclaimers in PDFs...

Personally think the real beneficary of Tiger will be those with G5s macs to fully use the 64 bit thinggy... then again one needs to have matching 64 bit app compilation and memory... $$$$

So far, the G5 iMac seems pretty responsive, and thats cool, but its always like that after a new point upgrade installation of Mac OS X.

Single computer license is S$248, family pack for 5 computers in a single household is S$388..

4 reefers counting, gothia, loster, mUAr_cHEe? and me... gosh is that all?... anyway you three will be my mac pals here :rolleyes: ... sorry akahoshi that doesn't counts. :evil:

:yeah: i want i want :yeah: anyway, ya, i read a lot good review of tiger of how it has new/improved features that added over 10.3 :) i can't wait to intsall it... after tmr i still got 3 more research papers to work on till end may... :cry2:

waited for G5 powerbook oso... guess they still can't solve the problem of over heating huh

:unsure:

macmad, share more of your new finding of tiger... :D

age.png

• SRC Member

"Single computer license is S$248, family pack for 5 computers in a single household is S$388.."

me getting family peck... B) but i am sharing with my sis, and my bro-in-law... hmmm... still got 2 empty slot... :ph34r:

age.png

• SRC Member
... sorry akahoshi that doesn't counts. :evil:

eh... can lah.. if i don't tell you it's a windows, you'll probably think it's mac.. hahax..

haizz.. Mac is really cool, too bad my parents bought the windows..

Maybe i'll get a powerbook when i have the $$$.. hahax..

• SRC Member

they can never solve the heat issue in Powerbooks....

why?? they squeeze everything @!#*(!&$%@$(#!@$ thing in the market into a small notebook....

with such rich features.... how to intall good fan?? heehee....

all so compacted and squeeze together.... sure hot one....

but i also waiting for Powerbook G5... gettin a 12" this time....

damn 15" too big and heavy to lug ard for travelling.... but it is shiok to watch naruto and intial D... all my Linkin Park DVDs also.....

so we really sharing the family pack?? anyone wanna consperm?? actually... i dun wanna get it... tot jus use it when i got my powerbook G5.... and use whatever that comes with it.... prob hope with free ilife'05....

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member

Mac user here ! Waiting for my cuz to give me a free copy of the Tiger :P but like you guys say it, it requires a G5 to fully realise its potential...

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

Mac user here too....Next week I will be collecting my free Tiger OS...cant wait for my friend to pass it to me. :P

Tank: 5 X 2 X 2.5

Sump : 3 X 1.5 X 1.8

Tunze 6060

Tunze TF08

Oceanrunner 6500

Deltec AP 902 Protein Skimmer

I-Aquatic Calcium Reactor

Arctica Chiller

• SRC Member

Wow, big apple welcome to 'Melvin Tan', 'ikan buntal', 'coralreef' and 'rapalla'... SRC mac users jus increased by 100%... :D

I'd jus buy it... its truly worth getting your very own legal copy. Developers need make money too. As painful as it sounds, you won't regret the purchasing decision if you're certain about what the software claims they provide. Of course if your installing for evaluation purposes then its a fine line, jus be sure to delete the s/w if you don't find any use for it. There are many ways to get a legal $ discounted version of the s/w if you try. For some things in life, you jus wanna say, its mine and I OWN IT!

This being the operating system, and the last upgrade you'll see for a very, very long time,.... so say Steve Jobs... I doubt you'll regret it.

I'm still diggin into it and found real wicked cool things you could do... like in Preview, the PDF reader, you could annotate in text(useful for form filling without printing) and use oval highlights in portions of text(mac acrobat reader nvr had this available for us), bookmark page/s for large PDFs, basic pic manipulation/image correction.

And this is neat, check this out =>: http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/dashboard/

Also, while at that page look at the Spotlight plugins too... these will make Tiger very extensible and a joy to use.

mUAr_cHEe, I think it was Tim Cook, the VP of Ops tt was quoted saying the G5 PB will be the "Mother of all thermal challenges".! There will be one, I'm sure... its only time... BTW hv u seen insides of an iMac G5, screen + computer all in one, 2 inches in width, ... here a pic, jus amazing... they don't use fans anymore... its blowers.

mad 'bout macs

post-11-1115051692.jpg

• SRC Member

quite obvious from yr nick i tot???

heehee... i also mad mac.... but more mad about muar chee....

heehee.....

my fren got her G5 like few months only... busted liaoz.... *shrugz* not too sure wads wrong....

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member

It shld be in warranty still...

Alan, hi... yup.. you absolutely spot on, that would be jus great, we all waiting patiently.... if anything goes, reefing sure has taught us that well. :lol:

BTW hv you guys noticed that theres quite a bit of IT ppl here in SRC and even in RC... or is it jus me getting it wrong again...

• SRC Member

Cant wait to get it from Apple Centre.

Meanwhile waiting for friend to pass me 1 set to try it and will be upgrading my ibook(which will be having OS 10.4) for the time being while planning for G5.

Tank: 5 X 2 X 2.5

Sump : 3 X 1.5 X 1.8

Tunze 6060

Tunze TF08

Oceanrunner 6500

Deltec AP 902 Protein Skimmer

I-Aquatic Calcium Reactor

Arctica Chiller