Sneak Preview.....

hmm from the pic i find one thing dat stood out different from the previous tp cars... the wrx uses a red/blue flasher bar instead of the commonly seen single blue strobe flasher on the roofs of the currently tp volvos & bmw!

and heard from my friend & once on a newspaper actually the subaru dats was successfully bidded as the new tp car is the wrc. not wrx. can someone enlightened me? i indeed saw a private wrc car on rd once. looks exactly like wrx & heard dat not tuned up dat much & less ex than wrx.

• SRC Member

eh i think u all too focused on the sole purpose of police catching speedsters. i dun think the intent is for that, it is more for high speed chase to catch crooks, etc. as mc said, can easily juz take plate number and catch them in some road blocks or at their home. only crooks will not be easily located so die die must catch them on the run, esp when u want the evidence in the car.

btw, i think the new m3 or was it m5 is tc...

• SRC Member
btw, i think the new m3 or was it m5 is tc...

current m3 is a 3.2litre straigt six.... natural aspiration

coming m5 is a 5litre V10 naturally aspirated... coming to singapore by this yr

the next m3 is a 4litre V8 most possibly naturally aspirated too... coming to singapore by next yr....

i read before in somewhere BMW's white papers that their belief is natrual aspiration combined with high-rev engine....

like in lotus... they believe in the lighter the car... the better.....

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member

now nissan.... henry... really downgrading... heehee.....

really..... seeing is not believeing....

heehee...

no QX plate lehz... heehee...

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member
SPF cars are never modified. What for we need modifications?? if we cannot catch the speeder... its ok... thats what number plates are for!!! juz call back-up... set up road block.... we can even catch a speeding Zonda.... singapore not that big for you to run away also....

even if u manage to run away today... what makes you think you can run away the next time?

you also will be surprised at how effective is our ISD (Internal Secruity Department.).... the very same guys who identified all the Singapore JI members....

If you look at the lampposts on most expressways now, there are a LOT of video cameras installed... almost one every three or four lampposts. Road traffic condition monitoring? Bull***t. Why do we need overlapping cameras for that? Must be ISD installing a spy network on the x-ways... :fear:

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".