triggerfish

i bought a picasso triggerfish ytd which was suppose to be put in my fowlr tank tdy. However, to cut the story short, while i left it in a small container in my main tank (with corals n fishes n invertebrates), it manage to escape into the system. i need to know if it will attack the fishes/corals and the potential dangers of it.

regards

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

Hi, I've a Picaso trigger(Humu Humu) with me for sometime already. Bought it from Reborn abt 3 mths back. Good price and doing well. Size when first brought home was abt 1.5 inches small, conditions not so well, guess due to all the moving around from capturing to the LFS.

I feed it everyday once or twice with dried shrimps and pellets, at times frozen mysis, brines for a treat :P

But that bugger... ate my fat and precious blood shrimp less than a week when introduced to it's home. :angel: some more still nip at my two nice feather worms till now I see them no more :cry: Dammed but I still love it cuz this trigger got attitude. He knows when I'm feeding, allow me to hand feed and stroke it's body and tried offering my finger to it (juz to chk out the pain level... haha) also won't bit. :off:

that's not a very good sign, i have 4 shimps in the tank now. picasso is not as aggressive as other type of triggers rite? this fella also about 1.5 inch, he's meant to be in my fowlr tank but accidentally let he escape into my main tank and now i dunnow how to get him out. .

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

• SRC Member

hi

i have a picasso trigger for >6 months now, got it at 1.5 inch.

mine have attacked the fins of other fishes (tell-tale bite marks, veri distintive). even big fishes also dont mess with him.

it is also prone to attack the snails and shrimps.

but it's a real hardy fish, agree with nitro, its got a real attitude.

cheers! ;)

• SRC Member
that's not a very good sign, i have 4 shimps in the tank now. picasso is not as aggressive as other type of triggers rite? this fella also about 1.5 inch, he's meant to be in my fowlr tank but accidentally let he escape into my main tank and now i dunnow how to get him out. .

hi bro ... how about trying using the fish rod method.. fish the fish out :D

doesnt sound promising leh, i have 4 shimps in the tank. . but this fella hard to catch. . so far its still hiding in the rocks. . not very active yet. .

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member
doesnt sound promising leh, i have 4 shimps in the tank. . but this fella hard to catch. . so far its still hiding in the rocks. . not very active yet. .

i think its only a matter of time before the trigger attacks ur shrimps... i think u better get it out asap... :)

will do that during feeding time, but this fella isnt as dumb as i thought, he see my net already sure hide one corner relax. . :angry:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

caught ur trigger oredi?

sadly, no. in fact i dun even see it except during feeding time, which makes it harder.

winess the trigger snap off the tube worm with 2 tries. good job.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member

sadly, no. in fact i dun even see it except during feeding time, which makes it harder.

winess the trigger snap off the tube worm with 2 tries. good job.

lol...

• SRC Member

Hi acidjazz, forget to tell you that my trigger is living fine with 3 others... A pair of Marroon clown (3 and 1.5 inches) and a 1 inch six-line wrasse. There wasn't any fight since trigger intro to it's home (Humu was the last to the community). Sometimes I can even see Humu swim close to the three anemones, juz like the clowns :nuke: Humu might have been immune to their stings for a short time I think. Try handfeeding it and you might juz be able to scoop it up with either hands or a small mug. Feed it with something that you can hold unto and watch it feed off your fingers ;) cool manz.

Lester, I'll ans your question here :P No I dun keep sharks... no space for them. Tried hatching once, successful but died few weeks later.

• SRC Member
Hi acidjazz, forget to tell you that my trigger is living fine with 3 others... A pair of Marroon clown (3 and 1.5 inches) and a 1 inch six-line wrasse. There wasn't any fight since trigger intro to it's home (Humu was the last to the community). Sometimes I can even see Humu swim close to the three anemones, juz like the clowns :nuke: Humu might have been immune to their stings for a short time I think. Try handfeeding it and you might juz be able to scoop it up with either hands or a small mug. Feed it with something that you can hold unto and watch it feed off your fingers ;) cool manz.

Lester, I'll ans your question here :P No I dun keep sharks... no space for them. Tried hatching once, successful but died few weeks later.

hi :D

sad to hear that :D.. hmmm hope u are more lucky the next time round :).

May the force be wif you :)

cheers :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hi bros, I also have a 3" picaso, but it is not shy at all, it swims a lot and eat a lot. It mixed well with my clowns and damsel and benny, but i ate expensive shrimp too.

Now I moved it to other bigger fishes, he becomes the little bro, but he never bite them, so still ok, but it likes to grab the dried shrimp from the 5" star fish. I am afraid one day he bite and killed my starfish too.

So now still thinking if I wanna sell it away, though very reluctant as it makes the tank liver a lot. :)