Dying Mushroom

KCK

some mushy don't like light. if too near, maybe

overkill. but so far mine oki, except stone of

mushy get melted cause put too near bubble coral.

now shifted to fowlr tank. sadly only one mushy

doing good, the rest halfway to heaven.

OOpss instead of doing them good, I am over feeding and killing them :cry: ALways thought that while feeding my hammer and octopus, I feed them too. Maybe my hammer die because of that! and also no chiller.

Thanks....will stop feeding that, will be just light and water change!

Thanks again

i'm having de same problem wif my giant mushroom....it doesnt seem to do well.....whereas my other mushies like ricordea r doin fine n multiplyin......water parameters should b ok....i haven check my ammonia yet but no2 n 3 r ok.......do giant mushroom require strong lightin? :P

• SRC Member

If ur musroom turn white .. meaning it is not getting enough lights ..

If ur musroom refuse to open or spilt out long string of white stuff meaning itis either stress due to ur handling or ur water ...

If ur musroom refuse to open it could be u are placing it too near to a PH ...

If ur musroom just melt away into a ball of brown smelly slime .. it could be just PH level has drop to below 4in my case or u went to cut or frag them ..

If ur musroom refuse to open and u spot small like yellow size of ur daily eatting rice ! then Bingo u got flat worm ..

Hope this helps..

And what spidy said is correct if u would wan to target feed them do it with a distance .. But they alone would do fine without extra food ...

• SRC Member
If ur musroom turn white .. meaning it is not getting enough lights ..

If ur musroom refuse to open or spilt out long string of white stuff meaning itis either stress due to ur handling or ur water ...

If ur musroom refuse to open it could be u are placing it too near to a PH ...

If ur musroom just melt away into a ball of brown smelly slime .. it could be just PH level has drop to below 4in my case or u went to cut or frag them ..

If ur musroom refuse to open and u spot small like yellow size of ur daily eatting rice ! then Bingo u got flat worm ..

Hope this helps..

And what spidy said is correct if u would wan to target feed them do it with a distance .. But they alone would do fine without extra food ...

mushroom guru have spoken.. :)

thanks for the tips ;)

• SRC Member
hey everybody!

my coraline algae is exactly like those in the pic above. Full of white spots. issit diseased??? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think u should start a new thread and not others thread :)

coraline algea is known to have many different colour and different shades.. no worries..

Thanks for all the advices.....did not know target feeding must be done at a distance and I would certainly not feed the mushrooms anymore.

The rest are doing fine.....so sad that I have killed my hammerhead and a few mushroom because of feeding...(always thought that i am doing them good).

THANKS!!! :thanks:

must thank the GURU of MUSHROOMS for helping!

a couple of my light blue yumas are turning to brown jelo recently....sad.....

will raising the PH like you suggested help?

some mushrooms do shrink and slowly turn white like his...any other reasons besides lights...in his case...???

(I am on the same topic...hope I have not hijacked the thread....)