Nemo

Neptune

I need some help I get one that survive in my tank .. :bow::bow:

My tank is almost 2 month old .. fully cycle B) .. 3ft tank with 2 damsel, tomato clown, african clown and one Blue tang . The problem is I hv lost 3 nemo ..

I don't know why they dont last more the 1 week in my tank .. ?

What is my problem ? Fish or the tank ..

Any advice .. if is the fish any advice on how to get a strong one from the FS

I notice most my nemo when it shit .. the shit is white color .. Some one told me before if the fish shit is white it sure will died .. matter of time ?

Comment :thanks:

My tank is almost 2 month old .. fully cycle B) .. 3ft tank with 2 damsel, tomato clown, african clown and one Blue tang . The problem is I hv lost 3 nemo ..

I don't know why that the do last more the 1 week in my tank .. ?

I notice most my nemo when it shit .. the shit is white color .. Some one told me before if the fish shit is white it sure will died .. matter of time ?

hey what are your water parameter like...............

• SRC Member

Well hearsay white shit= cynide poisoning.....

Maybe u shd buy from another lfs.

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

This is my Nemo. He doesn't eat and doesn't defecate. He doesn't need water change and never dies. Best of all, he looks stupid.

post-6-1063179358.gif

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

your tank water condition still not suitable.. anyway.. 2 months i think it is still new.. and is there liverocks in?? also.. i suggest u live it be.. and when it reaches 1 month add some liverocks.. also wats your filtration like?? is there DSB?? i also recommend u to put in to your filter system chemi-pure.. the big unit.. it make your water condition stable..

IMO.. white shit doesn't mean cyanide poisoning leh.. i got a clown.. first all white feaces.. then i feed with flakes only then turn out be brown and in my tank for 1 month.. healthy and its a maroon.. eats like a pig.. i also never test my water but i sure do it with alot of time..

• SRC Member

I don't know why they dont last more the 1 week in my tank .. ?

ur nemo = percula?

those orange colour kind???

• SRC Member

Live Sand from the Beach? I think thats where you went wrong.

Never take sand from the beach, cause:

1. It contains lots of parasites and harmful organisms.

2. Contains lots of harmful substances and chemicals such as metals etc...

Cant remember, maybe the other members know of other problems associated with beach sand.

Suggest you remove the sand imme and do a complete water change...

• SRC Member

shldnt save money that way...

cos grade #0 sand cost u the most $10/10kg wat....

wat IcecruncherZ said is true....

can u imagine oso the amt of rubbish pple throw into the sea?

ever seen foam on the beach?

it's the same principle behind y we use protein skimmer....

harmful n toxic substances r supposed to be skimmed onto the beach.....

do it once, do it gd..... hav a gd setup to prevent more money spent in the future....

Cant remember, maybe the other members know of other problems associated with beach sand.

His other fish are OK...it should not be because of the sand. It's most likely cyanide poisoning. Buy from another LFS. Do not buy 2 nemos in one bag. Do not use netting to transfer them. Do not take nemo out of water ever. Hope this helps.

• SRC Member

Really, though it might not be because of Beach sand, I really dont think that its due to Cyanide poisoning. Cyanine death does not always happen immediately. It can be weeks or months before the fish dies.

Then again, it will be good to change LFS if it continues.

Clownfish> I dont think he used Beach Sand to save $. I was once also advised to get Beach Sand cos its 'live' and will aid cycling.

So far my LS is ok .. The sand i took are form the part of the beach when the tide is the lowerst .. No those near to alot ppl one ..

Since the day i cycle tank .. the sand doing very .. Those goodies came with the sand ( hermit crab, crab, snail, sea worm etc ) are doing very well .. My other fish are also doing well .. Touch wood no death cause by water condition,sand or LR .

the only thing dying are those NEMO ...

I just bought anothor 2 pcs from another FS .. 2 day in tank now .. hope it dont die again :(

• SRC Member

neptune.. i there is so many factors.. to clownfishes death.. u know.. ph level.. unsiutable water condition etc.

i reccomend u to add chemi-pure in your tank .. i will do wonders.. alot of people have success using it..

it worth to buy and only cost $9.90 for small unit and i think $15.90 for the big one..

use this.. dun add anymore fish they will sure die.. put chemi-pure in and let it run for 2 weeks..

neptune.. i there is so many factors.. to clownfishes death.. u know.. ph level.. unsiutable water condition etc.

i reccomend u to add chemi-pure in your tank .. i will do wonders.. alot of people have success using it..

it worth to buy and only cost $9.90 for small unit and i think $15.90 for the big one..

use this.. dun add anymore fish they will sure die.. put chemi-pure in and let it run for 2 weeks..

Hi , sry to interrupt .....what doe chemi pure does to help in our tank ? And after adding it need to cycle for 2 weeks what's the motive ??

Thanks ! Thanks !