My SPS tank

• SRC Member

Most of them grow very fast and already attached to the LR. Some of them is touching each other already. That baby blue tort is one of my favourite, got it from Penang SPS, they have dozen of them.

Fastest growing SPS is pink birdnest below, grow from a baseball size to football size in 2 months.

p1014238.jpg

Most of them grow very fast and already attached to the LR. Some of them is touching each other already. That baby blue tort is one of my favourite, got it from Penang SPS, they have dozen of them.

Fastest growing SPS is pink birdnest below, grow from a baseball size to football size in 2 months.

p1014238.jpg

Bro, can send some frags of that via UPS? :yeah: since it's overgrowing... :D

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

How far are the bird nest away from the light source ? I'm currently searching for the right SPS colony to place at around 2ft below the 250W MH. Can share your experience which sps species would be most suitable?

By the way, how do you maintain the flow in your tank? Can share with us your wave makers?

Eric

• SRC Member

Thanks for the compliment. We do have 1 shop in Penang where the owner is also SPS lover, that's why we have colorful SPS here. May be I am just lucky, but I was able to keep some red and purple acro with jebo skimmer and low flow and no sump 6-7 months back, althought most is brown. Until I build a sump, refugium, CA reactor and install 2 x weipro skimmer, all acro has color up and start growing like weed. Then later I add H&S skimmer and see improvement within 3 days.

I don't think SPS can survive courier service as the weather now it's extremely hot.

• SRC Member
How far are the bird nest away from the light source ? I'm currently searching for the right SPS colony to place at around 2ft below the 250W MH. Can share your experience which sps species would be most suitable?

By the way, how do you maintain the flow in your tank? Can share with us your wave makers?

Eric

The birdnest was 1 ft away from light source previously, some of it's branch got burn and not doing very well. Then I shift it to the back, so it receive less light and it's doing much better, all burn branch grow back. 2ft from water surface? Most acro should be ok if it's not 20K 250w.

I only have one seio 820, one 1200gph powerhead and 2 return (5000lph and 3400lph), on hydro rotator. Many no flow zone in the tank where I place zoo, mushroom and clam.

• SRC Member
Thanks for the compliment. We do have 1 shop in Penang where the owner is also SPS lover, that's why we have colorful SPS here. May be I am just lucky, but I was able to keep some red and purple acro with jebo skimmer and low flow and no sump 6-7 months back, althought most is brown. Until I build a sump, refugium, CA reactor and install 2 x weipro skimmer, all acro has color up and start growing like weed. Then later I add H&S skimmer and see improvement within 3 days.

I don't think SPS can survive courier service as the weather now it's extremely hot.

Hahaha, maybe I can consolidate the order then fly to penang 300km/hr on my superbike. ETA 6hrs reach penang + 6hrs back. But of cos the premium wont be cheap for the risk I going to take & fines to pay along the way.

Anyone interested? Hehehe

Eric

• SRC Member

The birdnest was 1 ft away from light source previously, some of it's branch got burn and not doing very well. Then I shift it to the back, so it receive less light and it's doing much better, all burn branch grow back. 2ft from water surface? Most acro should be ok if it's not 20K 250w.

I only have one seio 820, one 1200gph powerhead and 2 return (5000lph and 3400lph), on hydro rotator. Many no flow zone in the tank where I place zoo, mushroom and clam.

What's a hydro rotator ? Can post a close up pic of it and brief description of how it works?

Just amazing how you can maintain the sps without stn on the bottom from such low flow................... :bow:

Eric

• SRC Member

Hahaha, maybe I can consolidate the order then fly to penang 300km/hr on my superbike. ETA 6hrs reach penang + 6hrs back. But of cos the premium wont be cheap for the risk I going to take & fines to pay along the way.

Eric

Bring along fake # plate and driving license. That'll save u thousand. Or change # plate after trip :P

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

Eric

Bro, go! I suipport you... I pay for petrol... :D

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Shop is in butterworth, wonderland.

what bike is that, 300 kph? I use to have kawa ZZR600, fastest also 200 kph only, and with arai RR7 helmet, I also feel my high pressure on my head liao... you sure 300kph?

don't risk your life for coral lah...

• SRC Member
Shop is in butterworth, wonderland.

what bike is that, 300 kph? I use to have kawa ZZR600, fastest also 200 kph only, and with arai RR7 helmet, I also feel my high pressure on my head liao... you sure 300kph?

don't risk your life for coral lah...

You are suppose to hide ur head inside the cockpit, my ex SRAD750 with stage 3 kit can hit 290km/hr max................now with the advance technology plus light weight, 320km/hr - 340km/hr is no longer a dream.

Anyway, dont think I'll be that crazy to risk life 4 corals............LOL

Just kidding..............hehe

But this coming national day might be riding up to phuket with some friends, if got enough time, maybe on the way back can drop by this penang sps shop.