Congratulations to Gouldian

diabolus

• SRC Member

Congrats Gouldian... a point to consider when it comes time to think about the 2nd child...

When thinking about having another baby, don't expect that the amount of work will just double, I personally think the workload increse is exponential!.

Congrats again!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Congrats Bro,

Now, you have to adapt to a little you constantly asking for attention, very much like those in the tank.

Have fun.....mine already 7 months.

What's the name of the little frag?

Not Achilles, I hope. :D

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member

ehz.... number 2 should come shortly after number 1.... so that can get over and done with all the staying home and taking care all at one go.....

CONGRATS DUDE!!!!!! sleepless nights.... here joesph comes!!! hahahaha.....

got the cheena name yet??? so got open house for us to go eat red egg or not??? heehee....

if u guys also interested in a forum for babies and parents.... er... i cam pm u the link later... when i get it... cant remember off hand....

this is what as of today the result of me and my wifey's sleeplessness nights...

post-16-1119422816.jpg

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

Thank you very much for the well wishes again. :D

Bandit:"When thinking about having another baby, don't expect that the amount of work will just double, I personally think the workload increse is exponential!."

I agree Jamie, its like a SPS tank vs a betta box. ;)

Achilles Tang:"So what's your little frag called?"

Chris:"Not Achilles, I hope."

Achilles, to be frank, I did considered that but wanted something more original thus I decided on Artemas (Also Greek origin).

Muar Chee:"so got open house for us to go eat red egg or not??? heehee...."

Got.... Provided you got Ang Pao. :P

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

I missed my first appointment with the Gynae due to work and plus my wife still looks normal to me and thus need not accompany (Hope she is not reading this). :P

Anyway, when I reached home I have a piece of paper resembling the old thermal fax paper with black and white print. Was told that the little grey ball in the middle of the paper is the image of my son. :shock:

Try as I may I could not equate the little grey ball would be my son. But fearing I may trigger a Tsunami, I relent. ;)

What baffles me more is when I was shown the bill, $$$ for a piece of fax paper of a grey ball! #@$*% :angry: I would rather spend in on a 2nd skimmer.

Try to act cool and ask wife how many times must we visit Gynae before son is due (trying to estimate the damages to pocket). She replied and suddenly Darkness falls upon me. :look:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member

Dude.... the cost so far is just the tip of the iceberg. Hope you are a better watchman then the one on Titanic.... lol

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

• SRC Member

Congratulations Goudian !

Only advise for you. Breastfeed the babe as long as you can.

Among many other reasons, for a healthy baby and for a blissful, restful nite.

Best to you all. :)

• SRC Member
Also, like to congratulate Royal Gramma for his new addition too. Really treasured those moments I had with him when he share his experiences on being a father while waiting for our babies to be wheel out of the nursery.  :thanks:

Thank you. Nice talking to you too. ;)

• SRC Member
Muar Chee:"so got open house for us to go eat red egg or not??? heehee...."

Got.... Provided you got Ang Pao. :P

ang pao sure got one....

got money or not..... only that one i not sure.... :P

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

On the 2nd visit to Gynae, I decides to tag along to render my physical pressence and mental support.

During my school days, most of us have been taught to treat old people, pregnant women and even kids with care and concern. Like offer seats to them, giving way or even being more patience with them.

But what I saw especially at the Gyane clinic makes me puke. :sick:

The Gynae that we have engage is quite popular thus the clinic is usually packed to the brim. Sometimes, we even have to stand and wait for our turn.

But throughout our time there, I have only witness a few times whereby an accompanying husband gives up seat for another pregnant lady who is witjout a seat. There are several occassion when I even see some of the husband snatching seat from a pregnant women who has just stand up to enquire something with the counter. :sick:

For me, I dun understand. Is sitting right next to your Pregnant wife more important than giving up your seat to someone else's Pregnant wife? Do they know that this is a Gynae clinic and 90% of the women here are pregnant and if they expect someone to be tender and considerate to their wife, why can't they be considerate to others?

They was once I went shopping for maternity dress at a boutique inside Takashimaya, I saw a seat right outside the changing room with a big sign saying, "These Seats Are For Mothers Only". But guess what? I saw two fat-###### men sitting on the seats! :shock:

For me, whenever I visit, I will usually stand until I am very sure that there are additional seats somewhere or all women are seated liao.

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member

Good on you Gouldian! Spoken like a true gentleman. :bow:

What you say is true...the sad fact of the matter is that in general, we have all grown to be a selfish society with no thought spared for others. We only know how to complain when something such as the example that you have quoted happens to us or our loved ones but we hardly ever bother to spare a thought for others.

Take for example whenever I take the MRT and happen to give my seat to an elderly person, pregnant lady or someone who needs it more than I do. Some would look at me as if I had done the most stupid thing in the world or pretend to sleep. <_<

Anyway, hope everything's going well for you, wifey and the little frag! :P

BTW, home visit's still on. Just give me a buzz. ;)

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• SRC Member

congrates.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

Being a typical Singaporean, I started talking and enquiring what are the things that I need to do in preparation to the new arrival.

Besides the usual "buy this" & "buy that" one word keeps appearing - Confinement.

Confinement is a common practice here in Singapore regardless of race. It entails the mother and child being "confine" at home for one full month so that they can recuperate and will not catch any chill or evil spirits. ;)

During this time the mother will be serve "nutritious" meals to aid breast feeding, to remove wind and to prevent rhumatism. During the confinement the new mother is not suppose to drink plain water or bathe, they are suppose to drink special herbal drink and wipe themself clean with special herbal bath. Traditionally the confinement will be done with the full supervision ofthe paternal grand mother of the child. Occasionally the new mother will return to her maiden home to do confinement if she feels more comfortable to have her own mother assisting and cooking for her.

I tried asking both my mother and my mother-in-law, both surrendered without putting up a fight. They claimed it is too tedious, they dunno how to cook the "special" dishes and they are too old.

No choice, for the sake of my wife, we have to persevere and start by asking women in our lives that were pregnant before. My search ended with one of my client, an Indonesian working in Singapore. She is expecting too but 2 months earlier than mine. As this is her 2nd pregnancy in Singapore, she already have a confinement lady in mind and have booked her in advance already. She advises me to book in advance too stating the reasons that good confinement lady are hard to come by and those good ones are usually booked back to back.

The confinement lady turns out to be from Malaysia and charges $1800/mth heard from some agency if you wanted Singaporean confinement lady, be prepared to fork out $2500! Even then, there are only a handful in Singapore.:shock:

I thought our unemployment rate are pretty high? Are we choosing job or is there really no job for us? ;)

Anyway, we decides on the Malaysian lady after meeting her for the 1st time. Partly because I firmly believes if she can serve an Indonesian, who have even more confinement rituals, she will be able to serve us. ;)

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member
hehe, these information would be good for those papa gonna be :)

MORE MORE MORE!!

Why? you soon to be also? lol

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder