shark rearing anione have info??

• SRC Member

upzzz!!!

• SRC Member

hmm i only have a 3ft tank... but only intending to keep one will it be ok???? wah mega skimmer?? i tot sharks are clean fishes they don will cause alot of bio waste

• SRC Member
hmm i only have a 3ft tank... but only intending to keep one will it be ok???? wah mega skimmer?? i tot sharks are clean fishes they don will cause alot of bio waste

Nope, a 3ft tank is way too small for a black-tip shark.. it won't have any space to swim at all.. :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

okie so got any recomandation on wat shark i can keep??? i wana one that look like jaws haha scary scare my sister....

• SRC Member

how about a great white?

i'd reckon it'll look pretty cute in your 3ft tank...and it certainly will scare the shit out of ur family members.

or maybe a hammerhead?or a nurse shark?or even a whale shark?

<_<

how about a great white?

i'd reckon it'll look pretty cute in your 3ft tank...and it certainly will scare the shit out of ur family members.

<_<

:lol::lol::lol:

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member
how about a great white?

<_<

• SRC Member
Bro... Even a shark suitable for home aquarium would grow to a length of 3ft so a 4-5 feet tank minimun for a shark.. For Black tip, you will need a pond or a pool for it..

okie thanzz for that info then bro.... instead of sarcastic remarks

Sharks are messy eater so a mega skimmer is a must and they do produce waste no matter little or a lot... you will still need a skimmer that is enough for the tank volume and bioload...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

3FT for a shark? ? Look at the Shop oppo Sentosa Marine , even the 10ft tank there i find it small for the black tip , 2,3 flaps and it reaches one end of the tank liao.. maybe u want to invest in the big bucket like LCK type for its black tips? B)

wat Terryz said is true , sharks are messy eater and its appetite may well exceed any of the normal fishes we keep, so maintaing good water quality is an issue also.

• SRC Member
black tip sharks not allowed for sale in sg anymore, only for export . dun believe u can check with ava.

i belive there are always ways to get the black tip in SG if one is able to find the right lobang .. :D

• SRC Member

hmmm bro.. maybe u would like to keep a bamboo shark instead.... small one and it takes a long while before it grows everybig :D

here is a pic recently from actually jazz , a bamboo shark in his new 3.5footer.....from the pic u can see there are so much space for it to swim ... :Dpost-8-1119540902.jpg

and u can go to read my post on the info and process of my past two little bamboo shark. hopes it helps ... there are lots of photos there..

Click here to link to my shark post

cheers :D

• SRC Member

poor noobies.... all kena f by the big, fat ugly meane: diabolous..... :erm:

but seriously.... when u asking that question that time.... did u ever thought about the size of a black-tip in the first place???

first of all.... sharks eat alot.... so they crap alot... juz like me.... but i do not need a mega skimmer... i need a mega toilet bowl only....

currently... i am working on a 12 feet by 6 feet concrete pond in LCK.... i was thinking juz nice for bamboo sharks.... still considering black tip.... but i scared my pool still too small....

how i get black tip u ask.... heehee... i got my powerful toyboy.... i mean... powerful fishy contacts..... :P

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member

hahahah!!!! keeping a shark need a lot of money investment..............

no money, no shark live in ur 10 feet tank or pond........................

i think not suitable for home aquarist to kept a shark lar... dangerous........

if u can kept live successfully, but how to catch it when it grew until 4 feet long, quite troublesome............. :P:P:P

• SRC Member

haha thanz alot bro for all the info.... newbie lah tot would be able get a small black tip shark....

• SRC Member
haha thanz alot bro for all the info.... newbie lah tot would be able get a small black tip shark....

me, first time kept marine fishes also thinking like that. thinking of shark. but after see what are the equipment that neccessary to suppor the shark living, i gave up. so i turn to reef, more easier than keeping fish cause fish always beginning with some war and end up with dead.

• SRC Member
i got soo many sharks they all in my backyard *points to the ocean* i am sure u can find a few great whites in there :heh:

Wa bro .. u reali power man.. care to take a few pics.. :D it will be interesting :D