• SRC Member

no worries bro:P

got your rocks and all yet ?

I like the design of your MH holder

cool :)

are your LRs in yet ?

Hi Yiling!

Thanks very much! :)

Got my LR from Mao when he had the crazy sale... abt 80+ kg. All BIG and medium pieces and very nice shapes.

Very paiseh coz kept at his place for so long. :paiseh:

Just got another 15kg from my old buddy and another 20kg from my present tank so I suppose should be quite ok.

The rocks are in a tub of NSW now with a hang-on filter and skimmer + powerhead.

Should start rockscaping in a coupla weeks.

;)

Cheers!

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Hi jc85 and wil_lee76.

Thanks! :)

kokhui - Housewarming in Dec coz won't officially move in til then. Let me know if you'd like to drop by though! Should be in on weekends. ;)

Live in Edgefield plains, Punggol.

Cheers! :)

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

nice going there, daimy068!!! hope to see the updated progress of ur setup in this thread real soon. ;)

p.s. didn't know weisoon was selling his beckett, else wld hv gotten it b4 u did. :P

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member
p.s. didn't know weisoon was selling his beckett, else wld hv gotten it b4 u did. :P

Thanks lightning strike!

Wah heng you didn't know ah! :P:lol:

Weisoon's stuff always good quality.

Its a very well thought project. Keep us updated with the pictures! :P

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
I'm very curious how you will be hooking up the chiller from the balcony area... I'd been thinking about this too... Pls share some pics on this.

Hi AhLoon,

Here are the pics of the aircon-ledge. Chiller will be located at the vacant space.

post-34-1120225539.jpg

• SRC Member
Hi jc85 and wil_lee76.

Thanks! :)

kokhui - Housewarming in Dec coz won't officially move in til then. Let me know if you'd like to drop by though! Should be in on weekends. ;)

New neighbour :D

Me at Punggol Field

• SRC Member

New neighbour :D

Me at Punggol Field

Cool! Soon can chiong lfs together! :lol:

BTW sugi, your tank was one of the inspirations for mine. :P

• SRC Member
kokhui - Housewarming in Dec coz won't officially move in til then. Let me know if you'd like to drop by though! Should be in on weekends.

Cheers!

Alright! I thought I had read somewhere that you are in Punggol too!

I live at Punggol Central! There are quite a few of us at Punggol. Glad to know you are coming here!

:lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Alright! I thought I had read somewhere that you are in Punggol too!

I live at Punggol Central! There are quite a few of us at Punggol. Glad to know you are coming here!

:lol::lol:

Cool! Near lfs as well! Woohooo! :lol:

Cheong ah!!!!!!!

Wah looks like next time we can have Punggol meeting liao! :P

We could maybe arrange with Victor to use his Porridge shop as our venue.

Cool??????

P.S. I oso Punggol Central ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Hi AhLoon,

Here are the pics of the aircon-ledge. Chiller will be located at the vacant space.

Bro.. u not afraid tt the rain might get into ur chiller?? haha.. juz my 2 cents.. cause thought of placing it at the same place u placing at.. but afraid tt the rain might get into it only.. and later short circuit.. den wan dan liaox.. haha..

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

• SRC Member

Bro.. u not afraid tt the rain might get into ur chiller?? haha.. juz my 2 cents.. cause thought of placing it at the same place u placing at.. but afraid tt the rain might get into it only.. and later short circuit.. den wan dan liaox.. haha..

Hi Lorensia,

I know what you mean...thought of that as well. Will be getting Arctica commercial chiller. According to some bros and the agent, the chiller unit can be located outdoors as the thermostat control is a remote unit. :D

Anyway, over downpour the past coupla days, the aircon ledge was just slightly wet coz it's not exposed. Furthermore, my unit's only on the 2nd floor so quite protected.

Cheers! ;)

• SRC Member

Hi Lorensia,

I know what you mean...thought of that as well. Will be getting Arctica commercial chiller. According to some bros and the agent, the chiller unit can be located outdoors as the thermostat control is a remote unit. :D

Anyway, over downpour the past coupla days, the aircon ledge was just slightly wet coz it's not exposed. Furthermore, my unit's only on the 2nd floor so quite protected.

Cheers! ;)

oh.. haha.. i stay at 16 floor... and my aircon ledge get wet easily.. my dad actually sae tt can get some one to get some arcylic to cover the chiller.. to plae safe.. juz my 2 cent.. haha..

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

• SRC Member

oh.. haha.. i stay at 16 floor... and my aircon ledge get wet easily.. my dad actually sae tt can get some one to get some arcylic to cover the chiller.. to plae safe.. juz my 2 cent.. haha..

Hey, that's a good idea actually! Was originally thinking of getting tin or aluminium plates to make an overhead cover if i do buy a normal chiller. Then decided on the commercial series. :D

One thing to remember though, if you're thinking of making a cover, make sure it covers only the top and there's enough ventilation around the front and sides of the chiller...in other words, try not to enclose the whole chiller. Otherwise there won't be enough circulation of air and the ambient temp around the chiller might be raised.

Cheers! :D

• SRC Member

ya.. i noe... it juz a cover which cover the top and the side.. but not whole think.. if not the heatness will spoil the chiller... and better to make it easy access.. haha.. cause if u need a servicing on ur chiller it will be easier to be done.. Btw.. bro.. ur tank is nice!!... haha.. show more pic of ur tank.. haha..

• SRC Member
Overall view from the bedroom corridor. :)

compare the pics for b4 and after the reno. :phone:

impressive decor. :)

better still, beautiful tank can be seen from all living room, dining and study. is that a window or another tank next to the dining table?

• SRC Member
He has a panel of mirror on the other side of the dining table. What u saw is the reflection of his tank.

JC

Thanks jc! :D

Yup! That's a mirror reflecting the tank. BTW how's your new tank coming along Rocky? :)

And how about you jc? How's the hunting for a renovator coming along? :)

how about posting a few pics on your house man? looks cool dude! B)

i have been comtemplating on getting a new 6 feet but will need some reno over my 1.5years house...still saving money for it. the photos on your tank setup are very good for references. if free, can post more on your pipings, your specs, circulation system......... :D

• SRC Member

Definitely a very nice setup by a very nice reefer. Too bad we will have to wait till Dec when Mark and his wife move in to see the system running in full :(

Mark, thanks for showing me and Gouldian your setup and your house the other day. I am very impressed. Can't wait to see more!

Happy setting your tank, your house and your wedding preparations! Wow, maybe you have to wear your red underwear outside liao :lol::lol::lol:

God Bless.