• Nissan Sunny
    • Toyota Altis
    • Mazda 3
    • Mitsubishi Lancer
    • Subaru Impreza
    • Proton Gen2
    • Others

• SRC Member
Also thanks to xperiment626 and untouchables, I will try out the Latio too. Hopefully their sport model comes with manual gear too. ;)

yah it does have manual. most important is you sit inside all three cars and press everything and ask salesman everything :D

i didn't want to buy latio at first, but after just one ride inside, i said "SOLD!" or something like that ;) altis cannot even come close...

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

one thing about the Mazda3 is the fact it comes with 17" rims. that means your FC will be quite high, slow pickup as well. not to mention the high costs of 17" tyres. hope i am correct on this.

u can trade in for smaller rims but the Mazda 3 body is large, it will look uglier with smaller size rims... :)

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!

http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=okdk11

• SRC Member

Mazda 3 comes with stock 17" rims?

kaoz...they must be mad!

jo : design, built wise...go with ur heart la...after all, you are still the one driving the car..not us.

but if u want good FC...u r basically left with the Altis and the civic...and if between these 2, i'll go for the civic for its sportier looks, VTEC and its Made in Japan tag.

• 4 weeks later...
hey bro have you settled on which car to buy? :)

Not yet bro, as I have not have time to visit the showrooms. ;)

Anymore new inputs? :D

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Not yet bro, as I have not have time to visit the showrooms. ;)

Anymore new inputs? :D

Somemore for your consideration...... ;)

Ford C1 platform

The C1 (or Volvo P1) is Ford's global compact car automobile platform. It replaces Ford's C170 platform and Mazda's BJ platform. The C1 platform debuted with the European Ford Focus C-Max MPV in early 2004. It will be extended as the EUCD for future midsize cars.

The C platform was designed in Cologne, Germany as the "C Technologies Program". 30 engineers each from Mazda, Ford, and Volvo worked to combine the small-car engineering from all three automakers.

The platform is designed for either front- or all wheel drive. It is very adaptable, though, and will be stretched as the EUCD for use in future Volvo vehicles. It was even modified for rear wheel drive to create the Ford D2C platform for the next Ford Mustang. Volvo's plans call for all of their cars to be C1, EUCD, or D3-based in the coming years.

Among all of the cars, the floorpan is different, but the front- and rear-subframes, suspension, steering, braking, safety, and electrical components are shared.

Vehicles currently using this platform include the following:

- 2004 Mazda Mazda3

- 2005 Ford Focus

- 2005 Volvo S40 sedan

- 2005 Volvo V50 station wagon

- 2005 Mazda5

Somemore for your consideration...... ;)

Ford C1 platform

The C1 (or Volvo P1) is Ford's global compact car automobile platform. It replaces Ford's C170 platform and Mazda's BJ platform. The C1 platform debuted with the European Ford Focus C-Max MPV in early 2004. It will be extended as the EUCD for future midsize cars.

The C platform was designed in Cologne, Germany as the "C Technologies Program". 30 engineers each from Mazda, Ford, and Volvo worked to combine the small-car engineering from all three automakers.

The platform is designed for either front- or all wheel drive. It is very adaptable, though, and will be stretched as the EUCD for use in future Volvo vehicles. It was even modified for rear wheel drive to create the Ford D2C platform for the next Ford Mustang. Volvo's plans call for all of their cars to be C1, EUCD, or D3-based in the coming years.

Among all of the cars, the floorpan is different, but the front- and rear-subframes, suspension, steering, braking, safety, and electrical components are shared.

Vehicles currently using this platform include the following:

- 2004 Mazda Mazda3

- 2005 Ford Focus

- 2005 Volvo S40 sedan

- 2005 Volvo V50 station wagon

- 2005 Mazda5

So bro,

What is the benefits in laymans term to us drivers? Sorry I and a neard when comes to cars. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

"Among all of the cars, the floorpan is different, but the front- and rear-subframes, suspension, steering, braking, safety, and electrical components are shared."

IMO, safety is a major concern......and european cars.....in my perception are built with strong body chassis.......though the weight of a M3 is > 1 ton......which you will compromise with the FC lor.......

Though M3 is a japanese make car......it employs a lot of european features.....especially the interiors......

So far my M3 is giving me 1L for 11km+........very sturdy body......very good at cornering.......pardon me......I always like to "Aur" corner.......probably because of the 17" rims.......but then its a bit noisy for the 17" performance tires ........need to get those tires with soft composition.

Well....I just love this car.......especially the design......never fails to get attention.......(si bei hao lien!!!! :eyebrow: ...... :paiseh::paiseh: ) ........ :lol::lol: