• Nissan Sunny
    • Toyota Altis
    • Mazda 3
    • Mitsubishi Lancer
    • Subaru Impreza
    • Proton Gen2
    • Others

Dear all,

I am having a big headache trying to decide what car to get.

I need a car that is presentable as I periodically need to pick up bosses or clients and also due to my work nature, I wanted something that is also economical to maintain in a long run.

Now that I have a kid, I foresee that I will need the extra room at the back seat and boot thus I am not considering the compacts.

I kind of like the Mazda 3 but was told that they are guzzlers is it true?

Please state your choice and the reasons for your choice.

Thank you all in advance! :bow::bow::bow:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

i thot the new version is quite nice??? in fact, most people i know is waiting for it.

for sedan, civic is the best choice but why not consider hatchbacks??? more sporty and nice. price around 70-72k for latio sports, which i find it better looking that others in its category and fc friendly. big and roomy interior as well.

Oh sorry to add, I prefer Manual Transmission. Cuz more economical and also more power mah. ;)

Thank you all in advance!

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member

IMO,toyota altis seems nice and comfort. My Father in law just change to these model.seems ok. And in terms of budget, its alomost the price you looking at...but slightly high a bit. Heard from friends that mazda, seems to be nosiy while driving compared to toyota. As for honda, forget it....the deisgn sucks man...still prefer the old honda version...(VTI,SIR) very "chio"

better get it now, cos it cheap now...

• SRC Member
Dear all,

I am having a big headache trying to decide what car to get.

I need a car that is presentable as I periodically need to pick up bosses or clients and also due to my work nature, I wanted something that is also economical to maintain in a long run.

Now that I have a kid, I foresee that I will need the extra room at the back seat and boot thus I am not considering the compacts.

I kind of like the Mazda 3 but was told that they are guzzlers is it true?

Please state your choice and the reasons for your choice.

Thank you all in advance! :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

Definitely a Honda Civic with full body kit & 17" sport rims.................reliable & proven engine, power with lots of aftermarket mod options, good FC too.

Eric

Definitely a Honda Civic with full body kit & 17" sport rims.................reliable & proven engine, power with lots of aftermarket mod options, good FC too.

Eric

17" rims? That will be the biggest mistake you're going to make even you get those forged rims.

Yes looks wise chio chio.

You lost your pickup, higher fuel consumption, comfort, low profile tyres cost 2-3x more than 15" (stock size).

Maybe if you driving EVO or STI then 17" makes some sense.

JMO..... Altis forget it, inside too "ah pek" look.

• SRC Member
i thot the new version is quite nice??? in fact, most people i know is waiting for it.

for sedan, civic is the best choice but why not consider hatchbacks??? more sporty and nice. price around 70-72k for latio sports, which i find it better looking that others in its category and fc friendly. big and roomy interior as well.

judge for yourself....

post-11-1120186109.jpg

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

This is captured from SHC-forum.

Here's the translation:

"The Civic will have a 1.3 liter gasoline engine with automatic transmission and IMA capable of getting 30 KM/L or better in fuel economy.

Over to the main body on the right hand side...

The Civic will be introduced this September at the Geneva Motor Show. New Civic will have a 5-door design. Japan themselves have long enjoyed 4-door cars for a long time. The first discovery of the 5-door is a design that the Japanese are coming to prefer.

The style itself looks like a sports car, but the main point is the hybrid feature. The system has the same IMA, but very sports like, the styling surpasses the previous Civic design of today. The design will efficiently be welcomed in today's great market place. "

Editor's NOTE: While the car depicted in this drawing looks interesting, and appears to be a fairly reasonable representation of the 2006 North American Civic Sedan, it's pretty clear that this drawing is not fully accurate. First of all, the one set of spy shots that we've seen clearly shows a front quarter window, and the car in those photos has been verified to be the real '06 Civic. Secondly, if you look at the side view/cutaway above, take a look at the front wheel placement - there is virtually zero overhang. And note Honda has repeatedly stated in the past that though long front overhangs are difficult to deal with from a styling standpoint, they are an absolute necessity for meeting their safety priorities. On top of that, with a transverse FF transaxle configuration, such wheel placement is also nearly impossible from a packaging standpoint. So this throws off the overall proportions of the sketch. The detailing on the sides and door cutlines appears reasonably accurate, but moving to the rear of the vehicle, we think there are some differences. In these renderings, the trunklid cutlines are tapered too much - it looks good and gives the car a bit of a muscular look, but we know Honda, and we don't think they would sacrifice access to the trunk to such a degree. Also, we're nearly certain that the Civic sedan won't have dual exhausts, nevermind triangular tips.

*As we all know, the Geneva show already took place in March. Honda has officially stated that the production version of the '06 (Euro) Civic will debut in September at the Frankfurt Motor Show.

post-11-1120186717.jpg

• SRC Member

Gouldian....yes.....its around 11km+ for 1L of 98 petrol.......

Honest opinion......economical....go for Corolla......craving for power and pick up.....go for Honda or Sabaru........Style and fashion statement......Mazda 3.....something damp cheap.....go for Proton Gen2....

Another pic to tempt you.....kekeke :lol:

post-11-1120186668.jpg

Subaru for power and pickup? You referring to the WRX?

1.6L engine with AWD? maybe corning shiok only.

One of my colleague drove a 1.5L auto sunny previous and now a corolla and he commented that the fuel consumption of the corolla is 50% of the sunny.

I drove a 1.5L auto sunny for a week, $15 fuel go from east to west and back and that's it :P I probably go broke if I had to drive that car for long time.

Thank you guys for all you honest inputs!

Anymore inputs??? ;)

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member
for latio sports, which i find it better looking that others in its category and fc friendly. big and roomy interior as well.

just bought a black latio sports a month ago. really in love with it. great pickup (car review magazine said that can beat mazda 3 in a straight sprint) and so far fuel economy is way better than the crappy old sunny becos of a new 1.5L aluminium engine. keyless ignition, ioniser aircon, reclining+movable rear seats, extremely roomy. and the interior looks a bit like the megane, pretty luxurious and well-toned colour. did i mention the alcantara seats??

of cos, the latio sedan looks like a pregnant cow so i got the sports instead, and in black to disguise the hearse-like shape :lol:

i'm using CVT which is powerful and convenient, but suppose Gouldian will still prefer the manual.

tried out many cars before buying, including the lancer and altis. not impressed at all. very cramped compared to the latio. in addition, the altis is not only overpriced, the interior looks like sh*t, especially the wood panelling from thailand.

this picture from the nissan website:

post-11-1120194173.jpg

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• SRC Member

Presentable and Safe for the baby.........SAAB. Can get a 2nd hand 93 for aorund that price. Protects you like a tank but drinks like one too.

If you can push the $$ a bit, get the Honda Accord Euro 2L. Presentable, efficient and roomy and stylish.

I think (marine) therefore I am

Maybe you want to think about the new ford Focus, its the car that all the companies tried to emulate and now they made it better.

Practical as well when the family grows and you need to put kids bikes in the back.

• SRC Member

HONDA!!!!! lol

If budget allows go for civic 1.7 manual.... power, trust me. :P

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

• SRC Member
HONDA!!!!! lol

If budget allows go for civic 1.7 manual.... power, trust me. :P

win lor... so many people say honda... but gouldian looking for economical car, good for kid at the back, and presentable to boss and clients (read N-O-T-B-E-N-G). ppl keep suggesting "power" and "17 inch rims"... sighzzz :pinch:

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• SRC Member

toyotas are bad.....

very bad.......

:lol: ah muar chee....why leh? evidences to support your statements leh.... ;)

• SRC Member

win lor... so many people say honda... but gouldian looking for economical car, good for kid at the back, and presentable to boss and clients (read N-O-T-B-E-N-G). ppl keep suggesting "power" and "17 inch rims"... sighzzz :pinch:

the new honda civic where got beng.....

the current civic models are a far cry frm beng.... more like uncle....

the EGs and EKs... beng i agree....... look at our spideyone..... one big fat beng....

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.