anemone!!

jem

• SRC Member

maybe you might want to direct some of your water circulation / current to the spot here the anemone is (not too strong current) with luck it will change its location then you might be able to "catch" it.

caution.. depends on your rock work.. it might even go deeper into the rocks. :lol::lol:

for your consideration ...

CHEERS!

• SRC Member

I dunno if its the best way....

But what i did once was to use my fingers to go irritate the base until if came off the live rock.....

Do not use force to detach it as you may tear the tissue.....

I wanted to use powerhead to "blow" it off but i worry i might cause a sandstorm.... :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

hey .. on a similar note .. how can I influence where I want the anemone to be ????

Geez .. mine is also hiding among the rocks .. boring man .. BTW are they supposed to be light green in color ??? when I bought it .. the guy told me 'it's bleached' .. whatever that means ?

aquatronica7na.gif

hey .. on a similar note .. how can I influence where I want the anemone to be ????

Geez .. mine is also hiding among the rocks .. boring man .. BTW are they supposed to be light green in color ??? when I bought it .. the guy told me 'it's bleached' .. whatever that means ?

Bleached meaning that the coral had started to expel some of its zooxathellae due to stress. Never buy bleached corals unless you are sure that you can nurse it back to health ;)

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

I strongly encourage that you really read up first before starting

Its difficult but you can do it with determination and passion

Reefkeeping is not as easy as it seems ;)

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
sheize  :cry: .. i'm fugged.. just bot it.. :shock:

You are not alone, bro. ;)

Me too. It been in my tank about 2 months. About 20%+ of them are now starting slowly gaining back some brown color. Do feed them, as they lost the ability to produce food utilizing light. I feed my one once per week with prawn meat. So far so good.

Do noticed they shrink whenever white light out.

Good luck.... to both of us. :D

• SRC Member
You are not alone, bro. ;)

Me too. It been in my tank about 2 months. About 20%+ of them are now starting slowly gaining back some brown color. Do feed them, as they lost the ability to produce food utilizing light. I feed my one once per week with prawn meat. So far so good.

Do noticed they shrink whenever white light out.

Good luck.... to both of us. :D

ok.. maybe i'm wrong.. but its not white .. its green in color.. light green.. kight off it hides behind my rocks.. lights on it climb down to the sand.. but you're rite.. off oni it shrinks how to feed? i see it caught quit a few brine shrimps when i dumped them in..

aquatronica7na.gif

there is many articles on anemone. countless of them. any person wishing to keep must be prepared.

Anemones are invertebrates, not corals to begin with. There are opportunist feeders not hunters. Not all anemones host clown fish. IN CAPAVITY, Clowns do not need anemones and anemones dun need clown, though usually fair better with clowns.

Anemones have the odds against them, the success rate of keeping anemones for years is not many. for every 1 in 18 do not surpass 2 yrs i remember correctly and 1 in 36 with owners for 2-5 yrs.

Anemones ought not be place with tanks with exposed powerheads. Anemones have a tendency to move. Their movement is natural. Constant movement means they have yet to establish a foothold. Either the lighting or water flow isnt suitable for the,

In your case, it prob likes where it is. moving can be bad idea with a suitable ground is not available. Anemones have Zoos, they require lighting to nourish themselves. Feeding occassionally is recommended. Feeding too much may cause stress, causing them to split.