20 ft fish in Sungei Tengah Farm?

seamonkee

• SRC Member

I was reading through Esso Mobil Smiles Driver Guide 2005 and was looking at page 32 where it says "8 Places to Explore by Car".

Under Sungei Tengah Farms, it claims there is a pet fish named "Ju Long" measuring a scary 20 ft??!?

20 ft is a ridiculous claim... has anyone seen the fish when they are there LFSing?

Even the largest Freshwater fish the "Arapaima Giga" can grow up to the most only 13 ft.... so 20ft is a bit "impossible" or exaggerated"... Even if it is truly the Arapaima Giga, the largest recorded is around 16' if I am not wrong...

Are they overstating their claim? can anyone verify or seen the fish before? :huh:

Its probably fake unless he is using his feet to measure :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
20ft is circumference lah.

Circumference of the lenght or the gidth? hehe

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

• SRC Member
I was reading through Esso Mobil Smiles Driver Guide 2005 and was looking at page 32 where it says "8 Places to Explore by Car".

Under Sungei Tengah Farms, it claims there is a pet fish named "Ju Long" measuring a scary 20 ft??!?

20 ft is a ridiculous claim... has anyone seen the fish when they are there LFSing?

Even the largest Freshwater fish the "Arapaima Giga" can grow up to the most only 13 ft.... so 20ft is a bit "impossible" or exaggerated"... Even if it is truly the Arapaima Giga, the largest recorded is around 16' if I am not wrong...

Are they overstating their claim? can anyone verify or seen the fish before? :huh:

In the amazon possible, but in captivity a 8ft is the most

JU long is Arapaima Giga in chinese lo. impossible to be 20 feet la. he use baby feet to measure?

Yup, should be Arapaima gigas.

One of my distance relative used to bring them in and loan it to the zoo's monkey exhibit.

Have seen the juveniles ones at JB's Gaint Hypermart huge glass tank display too.

I have seen the fully grown one in my distance relative farm off tampines road last time. Scary! :cry:

But I will take the "20ft" claim with a pinch of salt. ;)

Arapaima gigas

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

There is a few gigas at mainland in one of the ponds. Huge fish probably almost 2m long. The red tail cat fishes are huge too. I was surprised to see such a large fish in real life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

20ft fish. Yeah right :heh:

Dun talk about markey prawn, I think you have to feed it 1 whole cow every day :lol:

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• SRC Member

Yup, should be Arapaima gigas.

One of my distance relative used to bring them in and loan it to the zoo's monkey exhibit.

Have seen the juveniles ones at JB's Gaint Hypermart huge glass tank display too.

I have seen the fully grown one in my distance relative farm off tampines road last time. Scary! :cry:

But I will take the "20ft" claim with a pinch of salt. ;)

Arapaima gigas

i used to visit one of my dad's friend off the old tampines road last time.. prob abt 10plus years ago. He had two of the monsters in the 'cement' tank too.. seen the little fishes transform into monsters within 2 years or so... scary.. :blink:

He kept eagles and crocs as well... Think its the same family you are talking abt? :lol:

:off:

haven't been seening much of reefer seamonkee.. how have you been ?