Sometimes it just doesn't pay to help

Gouldian

Joseph,

Since I became a father, got little time to help other liao. That's the way to go pal!

How's the Zoecon I pass you long ago? hee hee

Thank you bros for all the kind encouragements!

Last night I was up till 1am sitting in front of my computer waiting for some friends overseas to come online so that I may assist them with their queries..... I guess a leopard never changes its spots.

I will still help those that wanted my help.

Anyway, I felt much better today, Thank you all once again.

Thanks! :bow::bow::bow:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Hey bro, sad isn't it ??

i realised that many newbie are responsible for things like that .. (no all.. but alot)

i, myself have experience a couple of times .. ask me to diy things for them .. just get a little coffe money only .. cannot even consider as profit ..

wat happen .. ?? can disappear and dun return calls when the things are ready for collection. dun even have to courtesy to call and tell me not to make as he have change plans ..

Ended up, i'm stuck with a piece of equipment customised to that fellow. Losing money for materials and effort .. but the worse is the feeling of kenna Aeroplane.

After 3 expereiences .. thats it .. i'm only helping ppls that i noe .. or referred by other reefers ..

i kinda of getting the feeling that senior reefers go low profile becos of this ..

but i still believe that there are many other kind reefers like u ard .. ;)

• SRC Member

Gouldian, rockfish

There will be some that disappoints you.

But definitely there are others who appreciates your help.

The percentage of those who disappoints you is normally higher than those who are appreciative. But if you have a minority that truly appreciate what you have done, even if it is a small handful, I think that reward supersedes alll form of disappointment.

Have seen some of your posts and other helpful soul's as well, I think it is the passion of reefing that keeps the spirit strong. It is in your blood as long as you are in this hobby. So stay strong and continue to do good to the reefing community!

• SRC Member

:shock: don't tell me its that guy you kinding directly to me on my previous sells-off......:shock: spend a long time talking to help and trying my best to help....hope it doesn't haunt me later....

anyway, sometime people would understand that S$20 is less then what most bro here earned in a hour!!! to have to "cheat" people of S$20 after spending hours helping them doesn't make sense.....

• SRC Member

I hate to say this but i gathered that most of the newer reefers dun like me :P

but seriously, i dun give a hoot and as long as the regulars know my style, can liaoz....

i dun see the need to come in here and help help help and end up on the wrong side. Frankly, this is the REASON why reefers like morgan, robe,tanzy and the rest aren't bothered to dish out advises anymore...

a very good example --> check out the lastest post by cookiemunster...

anyway, thats just my bloody 2 cents. :lol:

• SRC Member
u say me huh.. just gatta from a "newie" who think his glass ring idea is correct...

:whistle yawnx... :snore:

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

Well Im fresh into reefing but rest assured I don't despise u. ;) Thks for all the kind advises and pointers at coralfarm tat day. You r bernard right? Hope theres only 1 diabolus ard here.

bro diabolus is always very nice to ppl, esp new reefer, better still a female one..

he is a very exp reefer.. got any problem just PM him..

:P

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

bro diabolus is always very nice to ppl, esp new reefer, better still a female one..

he is a very exp reefer.. got any problem just PM him..

:P

izzit?? really?

but let say equipment got problem pm him then wait for his response..,too late liao lah..

better he leaves his mobile # here lor, faster. :D

PS: i promise not to call during office hours cos i usually check my tank first thing in the morning at 7am. :lol:

• SRC Member

izzit?? really?

but let say equipment got problem pm him then wait for his response..,too late liao lah..

better he leaves his mobile # here lor, faster. :D

PS: i promise not to call during office hours cos i usually check my tank first thing in the morning at 7am. :lol:

huh?

Im not a Ch*e H*ng ok... <_<

anyway Michelle, nice meeting you at CF. You are one pretty lass all right.

careful, lotsa buayas around here. Hotlemond is one of them! :evil:

but not me :angel:

:lol:

:paiseh: Thks 4 e compliment. I'm only an average looking gal. Dun wish to be biten by any croc... haha.

Guys, FYI dialolus was wif his wife n kids at CF that day, its me who struck e conversation wif his wife n she asked him to advise me. :)

BTW how to put up the small pics like you guys do??

• SRC Member
:paiseh: Thks 4 e compliment. I'm only an average looking gal. Dun wish to be biten by any croc... haha.

Guys, FYI dialolus was wif his wife n kids at CF that day, its me who struck e conversation wif his wife n she asked him to advise me. :)

BTW how to put up the small pics like you guys do??

i also trying lehx..is something gt to do wif the avatar...but pics that i took using my hp jus cannot be uploaded fot the avatar..wonder y??

Equipments:

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member
:Guys, FYI dialolus was wif his wife n kids at CF that day, its me who struck e conversation wif his wife n she asked him to advise me. :)

kek kek kek.....it explains why is doesn't look like one of the 'buayas' that day..... :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

If you want to attach avatar pic:

Click your name at "Logged in as :____(Log Out)"

Then Click "Avatar Options"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to use a image from a url source then place the url into the empty box under "Your Image Avatars ->

Enter a URL to an online avatar image-Click "Browse"

If you want to upload a pic from your computer as your avatar then....

-Click "Browse"

-Search your computer for your desired picture

(picture size must be no bigger then 120 x 120 pixel)

Only gif .jpeg .jpg .swf .png are allowed

-Your picture cant be more than 20kb in size

-If your picture is smaller than 120 x 120 pixel..add in the values according to your size in the width and height empty box area

-Click "Update Avatar"

TADA!..u have your own avatar picture..

• SRC Member
If you want to attach avatar pic:

Click your name at "Logged in as :____(Log Out)"

Then Click "Avatar Options"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to use a image from a url source then place the url into the empty box under "Your Image Avatars ->

Enter a URL to an online avatar image-Click "Browse"

If you want to upload a pic from your computer as your avatar then....

-Click "Browse"

-Search your computer for your desired picture

(picture size must be no bigger then 120 x 120 pixel)

Only gif .jpeg .jpg .swf .png are allowed

-Your picture cant be more than 20kb in size

-If your picture is smaller than 120 x 120 pixel..add in the values according to your size in the width and height empty box area

-Click "Update Avatar"

TADA!..u have your own avatar picture..

bro..cannt lehx..i try upload pic frm my com..then the adminstrator sae they dun acccept the photo..dunno wad happen.. :D

Equipments:

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

• SRC Member

Double check to see if your picture format is accepted,and check if your file does not exceed 20kb..how?

-Right Click on your picture icon

-Click Properties

-Check

:D

Dear bros and sis,

I think I am really a super "KAYPOH"!

Recently, I tried to help a nooby with the set-up of his tank.

As usual in the process I always advises him to hold on stocking and to be careful of what add into the tank.

However, I have always been disappointed when I received calls telling me,

"Sorry ah bro, I have go against your advise and I have added 3 fishes at one go into the tank. How ah?"

or

"Bro, I have just bought a very beautiful fish, I dunno what it is but I like it leh. Its purple and yellow in colour wan. Do yu think its safe?"

or

"Bro, I saw this fish very nice, it comes with a sharp nose and it is orange and white in colour. The uncle says it cost $3 only. I want to get leh"

All this I can take it, what really irritates me is that I was trying to help and decides to pass him a Seio620 so as to increase the flow in his tank.

In order to be fair, I decides to test out the pump in front of him and too bad the impellor ceased. I realized that its because I have left the seio outside for too long and the detritus have cake on the impellor so boh bian clean it up and try a few times.

In the end it work and I told him that he can take it first and pay me later. I know recently someone sold his Seio for $35 in Pasar Malam so I told him i will sell him at $20.

But guess what? He suspect me trying to cheat him of his $20 with a faulty pump!!!!!!!

Sigh......

I really feels that "Hao Ren Nan Cuo"....... :(

Next time, I will just keep things to myself liao. :(

Yuan Wang,wah gouldian is reali a nice guy.....>>>>

Sometimes i reali wonder if "hao xing you hao bao".......

:(:(

• SRC Member

did you check for file size not exceeding 20kb?

bro...all my pics taken is more den 20kb..how do u all get such a small size pic??all pic taken by my hp...

Equipments:

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

• SRC Member
bro...all my pics taken is more den 20kb..how do u all get such a small size pic??all pic taken by my hp...

hi..

you can download this freeware from the website. Known as Irfanview..

Very good for simple processing of photos...

http://www.irfanview.com/

You Specify selects the resolution of your avatar..

Go to File -> batch conversion/rename -> select the file you want.. on the bottom right.. select the advance option and play around with the settings....

Hope it helps...

• SRC Member

hi..

you can download this freeware from the website. Known as Irfanview..

Very good for simple processing of photos...

http://www.irfanview.com/

You Specify selects the resolution of your avatar..

Go to File -> batch conversion/rename -> select the file you want.. on the bottom right.. select the advance option and play around with the settings....

Hope it helps...

thx alot bro.. :D

Equipments:

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock: