NKF's administration brought to public scrutiny

koniyakutz

• SRC Member

hmmm...there is something wrong with my computer screen.

i can see AT's name on the user list on this page. the strange thing is that theres always condensation around his name...

almost like sweating.....

i wonder why......

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

i can see AT's name on the user list on this page. the strange thing is that theres always condensation around his name...

i wonder why......

:lol: ya me saw that too....flood liao......

Channal News Asia's NKF threads are cleaned out.

So wonder when will be SRC Turn.

Mods : You can use one of these reason.

HD crushed.

Not enough memory.

Power Fail.

Someone not happy.

:lol:

No worries, SRC not affiliated with NKF... however, if Dorai gives me his one year bonus, I don't mind closing this thread! :P

Seriously, if CNA's forum has gotten too hot and they have to close that thread, bear in mind that CNA is part of the MediaCorp group and they have a lot of commitments to the NKF Charity Show and it is too late to stop even if they want to. I am sure that there will be pressure from the ST group to stop the NKF thread in their forums sooner or later.

SRC and many other community forums out there with no affiliations to NKF will have no pressure to stop such discussions unless the pressure comes from... ahem... big brother or NKF's legal dept.

As such, this is a public debate on a very open subject that affects 2 out of 3 SG citizen. The outrage is understandable and no one can stop people from expressing themselves easily in this internet age.

i wonder why......

:lol:

• SRC Member
As such, this is a public debate on a very open subject that affects 2 out of 3 SG citizen. The outrage is understandable and no one can stop people from expressing themselves easily in this internet age.

well said.. i agree totally.. by shutting down the ST forums, ppl are gonna get more frustrated and goes to show the high-handed way of ruling in this country.

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

well said.. i agree totally.. by shutting down the ST forums, ppl are gonna get more frustrated and goes to show the high-handed way of ruling in this country.

ask ourselves, "is there freedom of speech, anyway" ...

• SRC Member

This issue is damned shit-hot!!!!... the numbers are jumping by the mins.. already passed 29.5k as i type.. already done my part in the petition. Now waiting for show to start.. come on 'gar-ment'.. wanna see the pathetic looks and numbers on the show tonight.. probably near the end of the show...

i bought myself a bottle of beer.. cant wait to celebrate... if it still hits target, then it can be used to drown my sadness.. sad that my fellow countrymen are still "opposite of Evian" and apathetic towards the situation... sigh... :(

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Well well..

It all depends on the reaction tonight.

If the rating keeps going up like before. Then perhaps all efforts on the peition has failed. It is because we people have given the approval by donating in the show. Meaning, we approved what they are doing for the past years, even with 600,000k annual salary, 1st class flight, golden tap, etc.

IT IS WE that decides whether they have done RIGHT OR WRONG.

• SRC Member
Well well..

It all depends on the reaction tonight.

If the rating keeps going up like before. Then perhaps all efforts on the peition has failed. It is because we people have given the approval by donating in the show. Meaning, we approved what they are doing for the past years, even with 600,000k annual salary, 1st class flight, golden tap, etc.

IT IS WE that decides whether they have done RIGHT OR WRONG.

Guys, Guys,

The show tonight is only 15 mins.... only 3 guests.... I think most of the time will be catered for the lucky draw results....

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

• SRC Member

Mr Durian says he will not step down unless the people wants him too. Tonight is the time for the public to make our stand. As mentioned, if $$ keeps coming in, it means to tell him to continue getting 12 months bonus, travel 1st class, own 8 cars, put back gold tap etc.

If tonight $$ is miserable, then the masses have spoken!!!

Down with durians and peanut!!!

I will go buy beer to watch tonight but I cannot afford to eat peanut or just make do with pop-corn.

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member

Best if the first prize winner of 500K tell the MC on the spot that she/he will immediately cancel her monthly donation and use part of her winning to donate to KDF!!

Wow shiok man!

• SRC Member
Best if the first prize winner of 500K tell the MC on the spot that she/he will immediately cancel her monthly donation and use part of her winning to donate to KDF!!

Wow shiok man!

That would probably end up in the headlines of the papers tomorrow ... interesting...

• SRC Member
btw, who are the 3 guests tonight?

Some taiwan singers.... I know one is Zhang Xin Zhe (Jeff Chang?)... the other two can't remember....

BTW, the first MP addressing on the NKF issue:

Don't let NKF controversy disrupt care of dialysis patients

: Dr Balaji By Margaret Perry, Channel NewsAsia

SINGAPORE: The Senior Minister of State for Health, Dr Balaji Sadasivan, says the care of kidney dialysis patients should not be disrupted by the current controversy over the National Kidney Foundation.

He stressed this point when talking to the media on Thursday.

The controversy began when revelations made during a court hearing this week showed that NKF CEO TT Durai took home a $600,000 annual salary, and that the charity's reserves will last the next 30 years rather than three years as previously stated.

In response, more than 4,500 people have called the NKF to cancel their donations.

And more than 21,000 Singaporeans have signed an online petition calling for Mr Durai's resignation.

Dr Balaji has urged the NKF to respond to public calls for greater transparency.

He said: "This is an organisation that has been built with public donations, and in a way, therefore, the public are the moral owners of NKF. The public built the NKF into the efficient organisation it is, so the public has expectations on transparency and expectations on how things should be done.

"And looking at the events in the past 24 hours, it appears this trust that the public had in the NKF has suffered. It is very important that NKF rebuild the trust of the public by being transparent, and by accounting to the public and answering all the questions that the public may have." - CNA/ir

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

• SRC Member

That means Balaji agree that we should continue to support the patients, provided MKF fulfils it is responsibility to the public by being transparent. So until the day comes, NKF has 30 years to show us that, I will not donate.

• SRC Member

Currently, NKF stands for "Now Kena Fcuk!"

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

• SRC Member
Currently, NKF stands for "Now Kena Fcuk!"

hahahaha.... :lol::lol:

• SRC Member

What time is the show tonight?

I bet tonight the viewship will be all time high but the donation will probably be all time low.

Me and my colleagues are all going to tune in :D