Is there absolute Good and Evil?

AquaRa

• SRC Member

Does the'good' think that what the 'evil' side does is not 'good', or does the 'evil' side think that what they do is 'good'?

What is actually Good? What is Evil?

Personally i think that the notion of these two are defined by the type of society we live in. E.g. Beating your own mother is evil?

What constitutes Justice then? Is justice something morally or legally right?

• SRC Member

Personally i think that the notion of these two are defined by the type of society we live in. E.g. Beating your own mother is evil?

Yes. Absolutely, no question about it. There is absolute good. It was such when God created the world. In the book of Genesis, 'good' was mentioned several times in God's order of creation, ... God saw that the light was good(Gen. 1:4)... And so it was. God saw all that He had made and indeed it was very good. (Gen 1:31)

Does the'good' think that what the 'evil' side does is not 'good', or does the 'evil' side think that what they do is 'good'?

When evil is done, the 'good' will know of it. God did not create evil, but He allows evil. God has a way of making/turning the evil done into something good.

AquaRa, evil is not the opposite of good, it is a duplicate/counterfiet of good. i.e. evil cannot exists unless there is good in this world. You cannot have a fake $9 note, because it does not exists, you can have a fake $10 note though.

In all societies, across nationalities, race and religion, evil may exists where that is good. It is recognizable in the disregard or destruction of God's creation and instruction. God's love for the world is beyond human comprehension... so mysterious and beautifully as illustrated in this verse,

Does a woman forget her baby at the breast,

or fail to cherish the son of her womb?

Yet even if these forget,

I will never forget you. (Is. 49:15)

True justice can only be serve by the one true goodness... un-obtainable in this world... for it to happen you need a being who neither deceives nor can be deceived. We only get representations here, they are not perfect. When something is legally ok, it does not mean it is morally right. No way! I believe abortion is morally wrong and evil, but it isn't illegal here. The litmus test is a case where you on one equation you have :-

morality = beauty

content = format

function = form

Spirit = matter (Man)

You cannot cancel one and keep the other, if one goes the equation becomes wrong.

mm

• SRC Member

Wow....so is Satan good? since he is (being allowed) to perform and to do evil deeds and thoughts in order that the morality, content, function & spirit of GOOD be manifested in their true forms ?

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

Melvin, satan is sometimes depicted as a tempter of sorts, he works by portraying that deeds you do is not against the will of God. God may disallow it if He so chooses or He may allow for it, however the heavens rejoice when Man in their free will discerns and chooses good over evil. When man was created, he was created completely free... free to love with no conditions, free to do anything, but not without consequences. God, despite His infinite power won't coerce man's will.

... in order that the morality, content, function & spirit of GOOD be manifested in their true forms ?

Evil may be manifested by man, but their forms are fake/counterfeit/false of good never true.

• SRC Member

ermmm....my question is intended to test something else, anyway you have answered in a different way :P

Since we are in the subject of good and evil, was wondering everytime a good man and an evil man "Bonk" what are their thoughts???? hhhmmmmmm this is good sooo very very good hehehhehehe

I am wondering for a very very long time, any difference in their thoughts? Since both receive sexual gratification with perhaps the same object in mind, since the beauty, format, form and matter are the same.... :lol:

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member
ermmm....my question is intended to test something else, anyway you have answered in a different way :P

Since we are in the subject of good and evil, was wondering everytime a good man and an evil man "Bonk" what are their thoughts???? hhhmmmmmm this is good sooo very very good hehehhehehe

I am wondering for a very very long time, any difference in their thoughts? Since both receive sexual gratification with perhaps the same object in mind, since the beauty, format, form and matter are the same.... :lol:

This is one bloody good one!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Sorry to take so long to reply to your question... I was trying to understand it?

Melvin, : )

Bonking is an act, done btw man and his wife, good. Done any other way equals bad. Gratification is a feel good effect.... by its own meaning, its always infers good. Oh thats nice, oh thats bad of you, but don't stop pls. Many ways to get gratification. Some see their tanks enough gratification for the day.

An evil act is an event which brings about bad consequences or will result in bad fruit, and evil man is one who continually brings about evil acts. Good acts brings about good consequences. Gays are not evil people. Their acts by itself btw themselves don't hurt others outside them, but the test wud be what fruit does it produce.

Take gambling for example. If a person gambles and loses money... by himself, its ok. Is it really? When he loses money and his family doesn't have to suffer, its ok fine. but if he loses and crosses the line where it affects members of his family or his ability to function normally. then it not, then it becomes evil act... because it produces some other bad thing, like suffering, like suicidal tendencies. Like that case where a man kill his entire family then himself. Why does his family have to suffer? The killing was the fruit of his gambling loss.

If you go back to your gay example and say, that it grows the love for each other then thats good. But is it God's intention. When He created the world, it was good and it is also self-sustaining, that it should multiply and increase in numbers; it was also His instruction to us. (Gen. 1:27-29)

God created man in the image of himself,

in the image of God he created him,

male and female he created them.

God bless them, saying to them, "Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth and conquer it. Be masters of the fish in the sea, the birds of heaven and all living animals on the earth.

How do gays pro-create? Hence, something is not right, not good -- in their act. Thats not to say we condemn them, only that it ends there. If they acted irresponsibly and it rslts in the spread of AIDS, then it another story altogether.

You keep bringing up beauty, form, etc, I'm saying do not use legality (state laws) to test for right and wrong, try keeping this equation balanced at all times, e.g. there is no REAL beauty if you remove morality OR be a real man but hv no spirit in you, etc

If you think evil is one equation while good is on the other. Thats wrong. Evil is the complete absence of Good, like darkness is the absence of light and cold, heat. Evil is not the opposite of good. God did not create evil, he created things good, light and heat. Evil cannot exists when good is not around...it has to wait for good to appear first before it comes about. its a counterfeit of good.

• SRC Member

Thank you for taking time to explain everything.

However, "bonking" can only occur (strictly speaking) between man and woman, so when i illustrate the example of the thoughts of the evil and good man when bonking, i am trying to understand the thoughts in each of the man (both the good and the evil). So the subject is not about Gays.

If gays "bonk" it is "unnatural bonk". The issue and subject of gays/lesbians has always been long drawn controversy - so lets not dwell on it.

SO, when both the evil and good man "bonk" any difference in their thoughts? Since both receive sexual gratification with perhaps the same object in mind, since the beauty, format, form and matter are the same....

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

Thank you for all the opinions, especially Melvyn for his interesting and thought-provoking questions :evil: n madmac for his patient explanation.

I will like to calrify my doubt on one of your stated points

"Take gambling for example. If a person gambles and loses money... by himself, its ok. Is it really? When he loses money and his family doesn't have to suffer, its ok fine. but if he loses and crosses the line where it affects members of his family or his ability to function normally. then it not, then it becomes evil act... because it produces some other bad thing, like suffering, like suicidal tendencies. Like that case where a man kill his entire family then himself. Why does his family have to suffer? The killing was the fruit of his gambling loss."

In this case, are you saying that all men are free to do whatever they like and as long as they do not intrude into the privacy of others and disrupt the functioning of the society as a whole? Isnt that defined as Man himself and not God?

You said that when God created light, he said Light is good. What about the other creatures who depend on the darkness for their survival? Are you saying that God only cares for Man and not for the many other billions of organisms that walk and erm. swim this earth? Isnt God showing biasness and selfishness? And isnt impartiality a universal virtue that we all learn? If God is perfect, why does he still practise such deeds? (if what mentioned above holds) And he even encorages humans to procreate? Procreate as in? Promoting prosmicuity?

• SRC Member
In this case, are you saying that all men are free to do whatever they like ...

AquaRa, what happens when you return from work and walk pass your tank? For me, the fish gather around the front and it is always pleasing to see. God constantly seeks/looks out after men in the hope that man will return the love He has... but he won't force them... it is His hope that they recognized and reciprocate in their free will.

..and as long as they do not intrude into the privacy of others and disrupt the functioning of the society as a whole? Isnt that defined as Man himself and not God?

I'll answer this later, its a toughie.

• SRC Member
Are you saying that God only cares for Man and not for the many other billions of organisms that walk and erm. swim this earth? Isnt God showing biasness and selfishness?

He certainly does care for all things created as from the beginning there was a hierarchy of logic, where one set of created creatures was dependent on another. First day, light was created, 2nd the heavens, where waters separated, 3rd the seas and land, then vegetation appeared on the land; 4th day, Time, 5th day, "Let the waters teem with living creatures.... God blessed them saying, "Be fruitful, multiply and fill the seas..." (Gen. 1:20-23) First ever blessing by God was given to the living creatures, not to man.

• SRC Member
And isnt impartiality a universal virtue that we all learn? If God is perfect, why does he still practise such deeds?

From the beginning, the care He has for man is evidently higher than others, in that all things were created for man's provision, and for him to take dominion of. Man, he made them last and specially different from the other creatures. God who is spirit and in heaven created a world of matter from which man came about. Yahweh God fashioned man from dust of the soil(Gen. 2:7) The careful association is intended, that man was made out of the earth which God made first, hence he comes from the earth, but the difference btw all the other creatures is that man has life from the breath of God. While the other creatures have life but it wasn't from God breath. Then he breathed into his nostrils a breath of life, and thus man became a living thing (Gen. 2:7) Thus, it was his intention that man created last, take the highest hierarchy among all things created earlier. It wasn't his intention for impartiality towards other creatures in the first place... and this doesn't imply that He is any less perfect.

• SRC Member
And he even encorages humans to procreate? Procreate as in? Promoting prosmicuity?
Yes, but why do you say promiscuity, where did that come from? It was clear and logical, that the term multiply implied to increase the human race thru a family. If you have the ability to create a living thing, won't the ultimate be the hope that the what you have under your care, eventually get along and re-produce themselves. It cannot be that He was promoting promiscuity, as mentioned further, This is why a man leaves his father and mother and joins himself to his wife, and they become one body." (Gen. 2:24) Its not promiscuity, its marriage that He intended.

• SRC Member

Madmac, based on what you had expounded about "Good and Evil", you are far from being Mad..... You are certainly very well versed in the Bible to be able to make appropriate references to support what you explained.

One thing I have always been wondering is : How is it possible for anyone to know so much about the first man & woman (Adam & Eve), and even about the world before them.

I am not being disrespectful in any way. But, honestly, I just couldn't figure that out and I am still seeking the answers. The trouble with me is that being a "science person" I need tangible evidences to be convinced. Nonetheless, I always keep an open mind to learn more from others.

• SRC Member
when did God created Man? Did God create dinosaurs?

Genesis 1:24

And God said. "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestocks, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals. each according to its kind."

Genesis 1:26

Then God saild, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creaures that move along the ground."

God created man on the sixth day and yes God created all creatures on earth.

• SRC Member
in every second(time) of the day, some folks are having ###### in this world. How do one differential thier individual tots?

bro, can you elaborate more on your question, don't quite get you. Thanks.

• SRC Member

Thanks Kokhui, I really appreciate your response. I do believe in "Faith" and that with it many wonderful things can and had happened. Maybe, I'll need some kind of Divine revelation to give me to give me the Faith to "believe" without an iota of doubt.

What I touched on was a very sensitive issue and I do not really wish to be embroiled in any long drawn discussion. I was just thinking aloud.

Go to the NLB and search under Sociology , this is one of the interesting topic or similar been debated in this field , from the russian ideologies ( Marxist , .....) to critics at LSE....and even new evolution in the states. never ending stories. :nc:

Do note that sociologists do not debate on the grounds of religion though if i recall correctly. fyi. ;)

• SRC Member
One thing I have always been wondering is : How is it possible for anyone to know so much about the first man & woman (Adam & Eve), and even about the world before them.

I am not being disrespectful in any way. But, honestly, I just couldn't figure that out and I am still seeking the answers. The trouble with me is that being a "science person" I need tangible evidences to be convinced. Nonetheless, I always keep an open mind to learn more from others.

Cyclop, almost every culture and religion have their creation stories. This could be just another story of the creation. The first book was written by Moses, it is often described as inspired writings... inspired by the Spirit of God.... Hence, even today, the creation account is often described as merely a story only... not fact. However, science have steered all directions and have returned again and again... it is simply too compelling a story to be left out and many plain truths are contained within its verses which apply even to this day.

Genesis explains, the whats, wheres, the who, hows and most imptly the why. It tells of a supernatural, transcendent being who created a world outside of Himself, not an extension of Himself or some part of Himself, and that being remain involved with His creation, till today. It was written in Hebrew. The first line of Genesis contains all of what you learn in science, In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. (Gen. 1:1)

created - requires force, energy, design, logic

heavens - space, distance, vacuum

earth - matter and all its constituents

Indeed, all of science cannot deviate from faith and faith cannot deviate far from science and logic as this is a God who neither deceives nor be deceived. Truth cannot contradict truth. So while faith is above reason, there is no discrepancy btw them because the things of faith and the things of this world derive from the same God.

So go ahead and look for your scientific proofs, you are encourage to do so, so long as they don't break moral laws, you'll find God there. ;)