Keith's Tank

keithtty

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Also gotten this one from PR yesterday.......a bit too big so have to sit on the bottom....:P....

you want we can share this one.....for the previous one, i'll just cut you a frag if you interested.... ;)

sorry....me photo skills really suck.... :P

post-34-1129602684.jpg

• SRC Member
Bro, this is the one that i'm talking about the whole morning...so what type is it?

Dunno wat it is called. Need Blueheaven to ID it. Good thing you sent me a pic....wasn't what I had in mind. Haha...shopping again at PR today. Good value IMHO. Hehe.

• SRC Member
Also gotten this one from PR yesterday.......a bit too big so have to sit on the bottom....:P....

you want we can share this one.....for the previous one, i'll just cut you a frag if you interested.... ;)

sorry....me photo skills really suck.... :P

Aha...yes...this is what I was referring to. OK. It looks cool with the purple with green/yellow polyps. OK, fragging time.

Haha...the 2 colonies I bought yesterday are also sitting on the sandbed. Sama sama. :lol:

No problem....Call you tomorrow.

Basically, the neutral are all common and the switch is on the live side. Yeah....it is confusing...

Thanks a lot Keith.

Your tank reminds me of my own. From the initial start to now, change so many equipments, skimmers, lightings. . corals etc. . but it just gets better. . :D

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

Hi Keith,

how much does the circuit box cost ? how many equipments it can control ?

The circuit box is about $600 plus minus from Aquatechnic.

Depending on the size of the circuit box, it can control between 4 switches to 8 switches. Personally, mine controls 6 switches.

The timer can control two sets of lightings.

cheers.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
Hi Keith,

Hi Ham, the box comes from Aquatechnique, but it is nothing more than a custom made box with parts from SLT. Therefore, the cost and the number of components it controls really depends.

If I were to put a number on it, I guess you could probably put one together for about 100 bux (box + 2 mechanical timer + 4 switch + fuze), main cost likely to be the timer :lol:

I actually want to re-do to include contactors so that my MH do not stress my timer switch.....juz another one of those things which haven't got down to doing yet. :lol::lol:

What I am most paranoid now is the cut-off for my lights should the chiller fail...any recommendations?

• SRC Member
Hi Keith,

Hi Ham, the box comes from Aquatechnique, but it is nothing more than a custom made box with parts from SLT. Therefore, the cost and the number of components it controls really depends.

If I were to put a number on it, I guess you could probably put one together for about 100 bux (box + 2 mechanical timer + 4 switch + fuze), main cost likely to be the timer :lol:

I actually want to re-do to include contactors so that my MH do not stress my timer switch.....juz another one of those things which haven't got down to doing yet. :lol::lol:

What I am most paranoid now is the cut-off for my lights should the chiller fail...any recommendations?

• SRC Member
Keith, wats SLT ?

Was thinking to get a electrician to do it, cos my wire is very messy... if it can control more than 6 components will be good.

SLT = Sim Lim Tower.

If you just want to switch on/off with those lit switches, that will be cheap.

Breakdown =

box ~50

Switch ~ 4 each

Fuzes ~ 3 each

Contactors ~ Not ex but not sure (optional)

If you want timers, then depends on whether you want digital or mechanical. The one Acidjazz has is digital. Mine spoilt sometime back, so I changed them to hager panal mounted ones which were 32 each.

So the cost just goes up.... If you want to tell me specifically what you wanna achieve, maybe I could help you.

There is one disadvantage of this panal box: If you wanna disconnect 1 unit and remove from the tank to wash, etc...it is much more troublesome than a wall plug. So you have to consider....I think lighting is ok, pumps...depends on you. So if want swee swee, a bit more inconvenient. :lol:

• SRC Member

if you going to SLT to redo, remember to 'jio' me hor......me need to fix up something more professional looking......wife everyday nag at me worrying that i mind burn down the house..... :P

• SRC Member

Keith,

I actually wanted to mount it on the wall lar.. not in the cabinet. cos right now, I'm using extensions with about 15 switches, so thought of putting them into one circuit box with timer. The timer will only control my MH and T5, if can add on the "MH auto shut" will be better... anyidea how to do it huh...

I cant even wire a 3 pin plug lar :paiseh: .....so I need some experts to help

Lastly, can the circuit box take more than 1300watt load ?

• SRC Member
Keith,

I actually wanted to mount it on the wall lar.. not in the cabinet. cos right now, I'm using extensions with about 15 switches, so thought of putting them into one circuit box with timer. The timer will only control my MH and T5, if can add on the "MH auto shut" will be better... anyidea how to do it huh...

I cant even wire a 3 pin plug lar :paiseh: .....so I need some experts to help

Lastly, can the circuit box take more than 1300watt load ?

I have half a mind to re-do mine....with a MH auto cut-off. I now have some external plugs: a result of ozone addition + more streams. :lol::lol::lol:

Actually, the box can take the load, depending on how it is distributed. Does your 1300W come from 1 single 13A wall socket? If it does, then the box can be rated to take it too.

Here's my portion of it :P

post-34-1129623359.jpg

Anyway, saw lots of those purple with green corallite ones at PR too.

Not really sure what they were though ;)

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
Eh can we wire the timers to 3 pin sockets like those on our walls?

Your question is whether this can replace those 3 point mounted ones: yes. It is basically the same thingy. Just panal mounted. The inequality is that it is the same, but more expensive. :blink::pinch::pinch:

• SRC Member

Eh paisay my english not very good... :paiseh:

Let me re phrase it... haha

What i meant is that we just plug our equipments into the wall 3 pin socket and the wall 3 pin socket is connected to the box of timers. This way maintence is much more convenient.

Hope you understooded what i say ... :paiseh::paiseh:

Also y u din use digital timers? Feels more reliable... haha

• SRC Member
What i meant is that we just plug our equipments into the wall 3 pin socket and the wall 3 pin socket is connected to the box of timers. This way maintence is much more convenient.

Nope. Equipment wired to the box, box to wall socket.

Also y u din use digital timers? Feels more reliable... haha

Mmm...becos I wanted a few timers and this was the cheaper option. The good digital ones can be quite costly.