Which brand Handphone to buy

Rex Ng

• SRC Member

play with that phone today.

really solid. one down point is its too expensive of course

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

any phone you by,never buy siemens phone.Had my worst experience with this brand.

Bought a SL65 during xmas.Sent in for service 3 times.Phone hangs,phone switches off on its on,couldnt detect netowork,and last the speaker not working (the other party couldnt hear us totally) so left just a phone for just sms purpose.

Sent in for 1st service within 2 weeks due to problems above + cant use MMS and cant read sms over 70 wordfs.left the phone there for 3 days.They says need software upgrade.Brought it back,right at the door of service centre,just fo find out all problem still there cos the phone shut off on its own again.And this time even more frequent,like 22 times in an hour.So sent in for another time,another 3 days and no loan set given.

After that,problems never go away and gotten worst.I called up the siemens main line to complain and they says I would have to send in the 3rd time and they ensure me that they will get it fixed this round.Sent it in and they kept the phone for 2 weeks.Just brought it back last month and problems IS STILL THERE.

I insisted to have a new replacement phone since it obviously a bad production but they again want me to send it in the 4th time.I finally forwarded the problem to CASE.

• SRC Member
any phone you by,never buy siemens phone.Had my worst experience with this brand.

Bought a SL65 during xmas.Sent in for service 3 times.Phone hangs,phone switches off on its on,couldnt detect netowork,and last the speaker not working (the other party couldnt hear us totally) so left just a phone for just sms purpose.

Sent in for 1st service within 2 weeks due to problems above + cant use MMS and cant read sms over 70 wordfs.left the phone there for 3 days.They says need software upgrade.Brought it back,right at the door of service centre,just fo find out all problem still there cos the phone shut off on its own again.And this time even more frequent,like 22 times in an hour.So sent in for another time,another 3 days and no loan set given.

After that,problems never go away and gotten worst.I called up the siemens main line to complain and they says I would have to send in the 3rd time and they ensure me that they will get it fixed this round.Sent it in and they kept the phone for 2 weeks.Just brought it back last month and problems IS STILL THERE.

I insisted to have a new replacement phone since it obviously a bad production but they again want me to send it in the 4th time.I finally forwarded the problem to CASE.

hmmm.. then wawt is the out come ??? they replace a new set for you ???

• SRC Member

they didnt do anything yet but to tell me to bring the phone down for the 4th time.I refused to do that again so I forwarded the matter to CASE.Read in straits time that more and more consumers facing problems with handphone and many get a new replacement from the help of CASE.

• SRC Member
Have tired XDII O2 before and i feel that the phone is a good pda phone but lousy as 1 single batt could not last 1 day.

As well as phone hangs always due to os systems.

didnt have this problem at all. how unlucky

• SRC Member

i don't haf problem with this phone

love it to bits

• SRC Member

ANY ONE WANTS A HP IPAQ HW6515. KINDLY ALSO NOTE THAT, FOR THE PRICE OF S$1000 (SUBJECTED TO 5% GST) THE PROMOTION DOES NOT INCLUDE SINGAPORE MAP.

THIS IS WITHOUT CONTRACT...CONFIRM CHEAPER THAN STARHUB OFFER WITH 2YRS CONTRACT (WITHOUT TRADE IN)

STOCKS ARE LIMITED>>> PM ME...

http://www.tekguru.co.uk/reviews/images/6515/230.jpg

Official Specifications

Processor, Operating System and Memory

Operating system installed

Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition Software, Phone Edition,

Pocket Versions of Microsoft® software are included (Outlook, Word, Excel and Internet Explorer for Pocket PC)

Processor

Intel® PXA270 Processor 312 MHz

Memory Type

128 MB total memory (64 MB ROM and 64 MB SDRAM), up to 56 MB user available memory including 12 MB iPAQ File Store

Memory slots

SD and Mini SD Slots: support 1-bit SDIO and 4-bit SD/MMC type memory standard

Included/Pre-installed Software

Operating system applications: Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Voice Recorder, Notes, Pocket Word Pocket Excel, Pocket Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player 10, Inbox, Microsoft Reader, File Explorer, VPN Client, Infrared Beaming, Volume control

Software Included

HP exclusive applications: iPAQ Wireless, GSM/GPRS Settings Manager, GPS Navigation from TomTom products, HP Profiles, MMS Composer, Bluetooth Manager, iPAQ File Store, iPAQ Backup, HP Photosmart Camera, HP Image Zone for Pocket PC

System features

Dimensions, Metric description

7.1 x 2.1 x 11.8 cm

Weight, Metric description

165 g

Display

3.0" transflective TFT QVGA, 64K colours, LED backlight

Wireless Technologies description

Integrated quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE, Bluetooth, IrDA

Integrated camera description

Built-in SXGA, HP Photosmart 1.3 MP, 1280 x 1024 resolution

Expansion Slot

SD Slot: supports 1-bit SDIO and 4-bit SD/MMC type memory standard

Power Features

Battery: removable/rechargeable 1200 mAh Lithium-Ion (user changeable), optional extended 1800 mAh

Power Requirements

AC Power - AC Input: 100~240 Vac, 50/60 Hz, AC Input Current: 0.3 Aac max, Output Voltage: 5Vdc (typical), Output Current: 2A (typical)

Mouse/Pointing Device description

Touch-sensitive display for stylus or fingertip

Keyboard description

Integrated Keyboard

External I/O Ports

Integrated IrDA (SIR), USB 1.1 Client, Serial RS232

Internal Audio

Integrated microphone, receiver, speaker and one 2.5 mm stereo headphone Jack, MP3 stereo (through headphone Jack)

Warranty

One-year parts and labour in most regions, 90 days technical support for software in most regions. Additional offers may vary by region

Box Contents

Removable/rechargeable battery, removable flip cover, stereo earbud style headset with 2.5 mm jack, AC adapter, charger adapter USB desktop synchronisation cradle, stylus, belt case, Getting Started Guide, How Do I...? Guide and HP iPAQ Pocket PC Companion CD

Ergonomic features

4 programmable application quick-launch buttons, 5-way navigation joystick, touch-sensitive display for stylus or fingertip, voice record button, microphone and speaker

Operating Temperature Range

0 to 40° C

Storage Temperature Range

-20 to 60° C

Operating Humidity Range

90% RH

External Pro's & Con's

Pro's

Built in GPS Receiver

The joystick is a real boon, positive in operation and easy to use - so far I prefer it in operation to any action button used on any prior PPC I've used.

Feels very small and neat in operation

Positive locking action on the battery / SIM cover

Dual functionality of buttons as standard

Good quality keyboard

High level of build quality

Unique 'SGT' belt mount

Contoured construction means it is pleasant to hold in the hand

High signal strength means a good quality aerial used

Con's

Not a great deal of free software included on the Companion CD - No Spb GPRS Monitor for example

Side mounted SD/MiniSD card slots may preclude easy handling if some external cards are in use

SGT does not protect the camera when worn on the belt

External Conclusions

It is immediately evident that HP have put a great deal of thought into the design of the iPAQ 6515, it looks and feels good both in operation and when docked in the AS cradle. External controls have been minimised as much as possible to allow the user to handle the device easily without any concerns as to what buttons may be inadvertently pressed. When held the iPAQ sits in the hand without any comfort or operational issues.

The keyboard is manufactured to a high level of quality and should remain in good condition throughout the working life of the device. The keys are firm in operation and a respectable typing speed comparable to that of RIM Blackberry devices can be achieved.

The screen although small compared to other WM devices is perfect in construction and after a few minutes of operation the lack of height is not noticed as an operating issue. The high brightness and visibility of LCD serves to offer good visibility in all lighting conditions, from heavy shadow to bright sunlight you will not have and difficulties in reading and displayed data. After using the 6515 for a day and moving back to my iPAQ 4705 I was mildly surprised to find that the 4705's screen seemed overly large and elongated

The combination of the relatively small overall size, the square screen and the joystick make the device feel more like an enhanced SmartPhone rather than that of a Pocket PC. However you still have the redeeming features of a Pocket PC, that is more control buttons and of course the touch screen.

The only lacks with the iPAQ 6515 are that there is no WiFi on board, the non-standard 2.5mm jack for the hands-free connection and the side mounted SIDO slots. However when you consider that the housing contains a full GPS receiver, 1.3MPixel camera, keyboard as well as the PDA itself HP can be allowed these deficiencies