Operation BBBB - Back Breaking Bare Bottom

hamannbmw

• SRC Member

Alan, u make me scare... i wonder how to make a 1 inch stand for my LR, someone suggested using epoxy past on the bottom of LR (something like a chair) with a few epoxy legs, so that detritus wont trap underneath...

Jeff, thanks for yr offer... I should have enough liao :P

Keith, my wife also nagging.. say its family day too, and nagging me about the rescape thinggy. My little princess wan to go WILD WILD WET :(

Alvin, I thought of that too... really need a very steady rockscape, it rock tumble down dunno will crack the tank or not, BTW mine is 12mm

Pactrick, actually I wanted to use starboard but dunno where is selling.. some say its like chopping board. Some reefers is using arcylic but very ex leh <_<

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Alan, u make me scare... i wonder how to make a 1 inch stand for my LR, someone suggested using epoxy past on the bottom of LR (something like a chair) with a few epoxy legs, so that detritus wont trap underneath...

Jeff, thanks for yr offer... I should have enough liao  :P

Keith, my wife also nagging.. say its family day too, and nagging me about the rescape thinggy. My little princess wan to go WILD WILD WET  :(

Alvin, I thought of that too... really need a very steady rockscape, it rock tumble down dunno will crack the tank or not, BTW mine is 12mm

Pactrick, actually I wanted to use starboard but dunno where is selling.. some say its like chopping board. Some reefers is using arcylic but very ex leh  <_<

bro..jus ensure ur rockscape is secured can liaoz... :D

touch n shake every piece see whether the rock can move not..if can den adjust till it is secured...epoxy will be a trouble in the future.. :P

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

Me no lobang but you can look for those plastic supplier in commerical guide.

Your tank got bracing right? Like that need to cut the starboard into 2 pc else cannot go in.

If you don't silicon the joins and sides then detritus will get trap and you got nutrients built up liao.

• SRC Member
Me no lobang but you can look for those plastic supplier in commerical guide.

Your tank got bracing right? Like that need to cut the starboard into 2 pc else cannot go in.

If you don't silicon the joins and sides then detritus will get trap and you got nutrients built up liao.

weileong, I thought u r my lobang king and also reef dictionary, in fact a few of them here can be my dictionaranian liao :lol: walau, still gotta silicon <_< , i think drop the idea better :whistle

djviper, i'm staying in Jurong.. will PM you if i need, thanks for yr offer ;)

• SRC Member

the most siong part of the entire exercise is scooping the dsb.

be mentally prepared! and also get some tools ready like dustpan for quick removal.

as for the bottom, i chose black acrylic for contrast. some people use white to reflect light upwards but i guess ti'll be glaring to look at.

cheers :lol:

• SRC Member

Bro, 80L not enough meh. This is wat i intend to do :

1) pre mix 80L salt on Sat

2) take out all colonies put in tub, drain tank water to tub (depend on how big the tub is, maybe can hold 200L

3) balance tank water drain to 1 holding container (capacity - 180L)

4) take out all rocks , put in tub

5) remove all sand

6) add in FW, den siphon all balance sand, clean up tank

7) add in pre mixed SW

8) arrange rock scape

9) add extisting tank water in tank

10) arrange all colonies into tank

11) frags giving time

12) few cans of beer, go to bed, next morning go massage :heh:

Btw, u wanna join me..... hehehe :pinch:

was jus over ur tank thread... that's quite a big tank and filled with corals. nice.!

some pointers o/v the migration if u don't mind i kpo abit

pt 2 can't be the same tub as the pt 4 where the rocks are placed

wherever the corals are placed, you need some filtration(preferably cycled one) and a chiller connected to it 6 to 8 hours (they shed lots of slime and you'll need to be careful that the slime don't cross to the other SPS... actually I'm not sure what the effects are, but I wud try avoiding it... by having some form of filtration to suck it all up - like maybe a canister)

You need much more water, I don't know how to explain except jus more water.

You may want to clean your rocks,... the rocks will be damn dirty, even when you think its clean, ... you put it in clean water again, you'll see the filth coming out again.

You want to look for containers that are wide rather than tall. as the sps can't touch each other.

get some extra epoxy and glue on standby. jus my little experience abt 4 mths back.

Wonder how you guys get the energy to do all this :huh:

For me, I back break already just by scooping out sand from my refugium B)

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
Btw, where to get starboard har.. weileong got lobang :huh:

Why dun you try getting a large sheet/plate of polypropylene (PP). They come in big size, about 8mm thick. They are white in colour and chemically resistent. Are they similar to starboard?

• SRC Member
Wonder how you guys get the energy to do all this :huh:

For me, I back break already just by scooping out sand from my refugium B)

Becos I getting 2 reefers to help me :P , I cant do it alone.... :whistle . I'll probably built a few eggcrate stand this 2 days... As suggest by a fellow reefer, I also bought another tub of salt tis afternoon, jus in case last min insufficient.

Some fishes and tunze will be for sale soon, after Sunday :P