My 4ft from DSB to BB

hamannbmw

• SRC Member
Bro, May I know what are the reasons for going from DSB to BB for yr tank ??

I'm not good in writing a fact/explanation. BTW DSB and BB are beneficial in their own way. It depends what u want. "tikam" lar... :lol:

Here is a thread that u might take a day leave to finish reading it.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.p...tank+advantages

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously I like angels more than tangs (maybe becos tang poo alot) :lol: , recently bought 1 potteri angel, put into tank 1 day up lorry liao... I have 2 angels in my tank now, flame back and flame. They both gang rape the potteri... end up :cry2:

Your potter must very chio bu and the other two male ones so you know why liao :P

• SRC Member

cannot lar... cos no holes in sump... <_<

hamann, can you make the tubes go over the glass wall and down again, a 'hook'... that would work too. The hassle is the initial prime, once it gets started, should not be a problem.

heres a pic:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...156#post2798156

I've also removed the two pygmies to a side tank, a golden and the potteri... they don't initially nip, but were starting to... after their removal.. 1 week now... you could actually see polyps extensions in the day... I'm in a dilemma as to whether to put them back in the main tank. BTW, nobody messes with the potteri, she's one mean woman... I seen her being provoked and she promptly took revenge instanteously

Seriously I like angels more than tangs (maybe becos tang poo alot) :lol: , recently bought 1 potteri angel, put into tank 1 day up lorry liao... I have 2 angels in my tank now, flame back and flame. They both gang rape the potteri... end up :cry2:

LOL angels very difficult to be the main icon... hahah black trigger :lol::lol::lol: But for sps, best have small fish and i can see the right direction you going ;)

• SRC Member

hamann, can you make the tubes go over the glass wall and down again, a 'hook'... that would work too. The hassle is the initial prime, once it gets started, should not be a problem.

heres a pic:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...156#post2798156

I've also removed the two pygmies to a side tank, a golden and the potteri... they don't initially nip, but were starting to... after their removal.. 1 week now... you could actually see polyps extensions in the day... I'm in a dilemma as to whether to put them back in the main tank. BTW, nobody messes with the potteri, she's one mean woman... I seen her being provoked and she promptly took revenge instanteously

thanks for the link... I did that to my beckett pump... drilla hole right thru the cabinet. If I need to fix up the return, I need to drill some holes on the cabinet again cos no space within the cabinet liao

• SRC Member

LOL angels very difficult to be the main icon... hahah black trigger :lol::lol::lol: But for sps, best have small fish and i can see the right direction you going ;)

btw, can u list down those reefsafe trigger ? cos i search the web the black trigger is from hawaii leh... got 2 strips on its fin, and its not RS leh.

Thought of keeping 1 small RS trigger in my tank :P

• SRC Member
wa simon. new scaping very swee lehz... must drop by this weekend liaoz to see ur new scaping + lighting config....

how long u spent scaping?

about 3 hours or so... i did it becos of yr birdnest frag lar :lol: ... cos it drops to the bottom, while I reach it, some rocks r unstable... so bo pian rescape lor

btw, can u list down those reefsafe trigger ? cos i search the web the black trigger is from hawaii leh... got 2 strips on its fin, and its not RS leh.

Thought of keeping 1 small RS trigger in my tank :P

I guess you search the liveaquaria or something close, they are usually not accurate at giving information... try RC, wetweb media or reefkeeping magazine

If you want to have reef safe trigger go for the xanthichtys and melichthys species... Focus more on xanthichthys as IMO they are better reef candidate than the melichthys... IMo they are even better reef candidate than some tangs(even some RC members thinks that having xanthichthys beat having zebrasoma or bristle tooth tangs) FYI my tomini tang does occasionally peck at zoos ;);)

main diet of xanthi is zooplankton... but they accept any food in captivity

also Xanthi are so docile... Can you keep 2 tangs of same species easily in a tank without any fighting... Eh i keep 2 male xanthi triggers in my reef(hoping one to turn female) without any prob from day1 to now.... ;)

Xanthi triggers consist of blue chin, cross hatch, sagassum

Melichthys trigger are algae ###### zooplankton feeder.... They are however somewhat not as reef safe as xanthi but still ok reef candidate... On the safe side, i rate meli trigger abt the same as dwarf angel....

Melichthys trigger consist of

1)pink tail trigger(pss: bro linkin park is keeping one in his sps reef)

2)hawaii black trigger

3)indian black trigger(the one weileong have)