Keeping Anemones

slcw

• SRC Member

I suggest that if you want to give the anemone time to recover, please segregate it in a Quarantine tank. Otherwise, like you've mentioned, it may give out toxins.

Just my 2 cents. ;)

I agree with city of angels. Better quarantine it in another tank cause if it rots away in your main tank, might result in a tank crash.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

I agree with city of angels. Better quarantine it in another tank cause if it rots away in your main tank, might result in a tank crash.

Thanks to all bros who reply to my stress call... btw my anemone seem to have recover well... my clarke nemo now also go and sleep in it... though a small part on its right still look like a bit damaged and it is slightly smaller than before the accident... will keep a close look out and close observation... before i decide to make the painful decision to end its life....

Btw i am running a system of 2 feet tank with 1.5 feet sump... and dnt have the luxury of a quarantine tank.... so got to be more careful with it... i am going to do some partial water change now... and pray things remain gd as it is now...

ok, first smell the anemone, it got bad smell. time to throw away.

if no. monitor the anemone

either way perform water change.

ur anemone move because it was not happy. either at nite the oxygen levels dropped. that it needed more flow or some other reason. remove all powerheads if wish to keep anemones.

Hi, newbie here... May be interested to keep BTA also... Jus wondering if we dun have Power Heads in the tank, how do we create a good flow? Jus rely solely on the return current?

generally most ppl have Powerhead in the tank.

yes u want to know.

there are several ways but not pratice here

1. dump buckets

2. refugium above the tank

all water feeding refugium and buckets are based on Powerhead directly feeding them.

Hi every1

I used to hav a bubble tip anemone, it was OK. But some friends warned me

(his experience) if the anemone dies, toxin will be emitted which will wipe out

everything, including the BB. At the sand and rock got to be wash intensively.

If this is really the case, I didn't want to go through the frustation, I depose off

the anemone. Maybe I 2 KS. Do anyone have the experience??

Sure anemone is nice and beautiful but at a risk !

:pinch:

post-72-1127138445.jpg

depends, if u have small system, probably, may be.

if u have a larger aquarium, may be not. Therefore a good skimmer to skim out the waste / DOM when u are not around plus having pre mixed salt on standby and the larger the tank the more tolerant or forgiving it is.

Yes it is risk, but the risk for anemones are immediate the moment they are removed from the ocean.

Oh ja, that's a first experience with Ich or White spot didn't know much about it.

So too late in reacting all fishes got infected. I apply AQUAPHARM Cure Ich but

it was too late. OK it was my fault, I used to hav 2 Yellow Tail & 2 Allen Damsel

these are really headaches they chase it others up & down right & left, snip the

tails, the allen start digging in the gravel until the LR collapse. cannot tahan anymore

So frustated with them I decided to get them out, well U all know putting them in is easy, but getting them out is ten times more difficult, so much hattic and panic catching them all other fishes totally stressed and then kena infection.

Well I them left the tank empty of fishes for 3.5 weeks, but have some shrimps

2 cleaner, 2 White spot (red) & 1 snapping. The snapping looks dangerous with

the pincers (purple), any1 experience nasty things from snapping shrimps?

So now I have a new cast the 5 shrimps, a mandarin, a cardinal, a hawk, a clown.

I bought a purple fire goby last sat, yesterday it disappeared. I suspect the snapping

wag the goby, no trace of it no bone nothing lefted.

Long story ends here.

Thanks for ur patience :paiseh::paiseh:

• SRC Member

hi guys,

just resetted my tank,,, from coral and planning to put in the fish instead.. i have always like the anemones. Read thur most of your forum,,, so,,, if most of us are using powerhead to create the flow, how are we to prvent the anemone from getting hurt/ murdered by the powerhead?? :sick:

If mine is a 6 feet tank,,,if i buy a small anemone,,, if anything bad happens to it and i cant find it how?? toxins it release will it harm the whole system in general or will just increase the nitrate level??

Lastly, the bigger the anemone the higher the survival rate??? :eyeblur:

:thanks:

• SRC Member

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Sorry, tompang your thread... i also got this BTA at paris ris. Just wondering, do u all on the lights for 24/7? It seems to open up big big only when the lights are on....(using PL 2 * 24W B/W) I fed it with market prawn for the past two days.. How many times do u all feed them?

I also can't get it to leave that position. It is a gap in the LR and it manages to attach itself into it..

post-72-1133625179.jpg

Thnx for yr advice... Have been feeding all along... My tank is 2.5ft deep and the anemones is at the bottom so I think my 2 x 3ft T5 abt it is not enuf... I can't seem to get back the bulb shape tips nowadays.... May want to lift the rockscape higher to bring it nearer the lite...