wireless router sux .

SpiderOne

• SRC Member

my wireless router loves to randomly disconnect me and refuse to connect sometimes . or sometimes it will just connect with excellent signal strength and only send data instead of receiving . im using the linksys router to route my brothers 6500kbps cable modem to my com . there are 2 closed doors . a wall and about 15 meters between us . is it too far away to get a correct signal ? i dun think this is the case as i regularly jack all my neighbours connections but it loves to randomly disconnect me to . i accidentally terminated my singnet account and now im stuck with this slow laggy connection ( i dont know why since its 6.5mbps ) . any idea if its distance . or should i get a wire router ( use wires ( i dont know the term ) . )

any ideas

• SRC Member

Try to change the channel in use by accessing the router's IP address: www.192.168.1.100

Did you secure you network using WPA or some form of encryption? Other people may be tapping your network and thus slow down the bandwidth.

the randomly disconnect issue is cause by the Windows wireless control ...

go to control panel > Administrative Tools> services , and shut off the "Wireless Zero Configuration" once you connected to your wireless router. You will need to start the service again to search for a new connection.

or ,

Use those wireless tools provide by Linksys or Intel, depending on the brand that you used for your pc

• SRC Member

how do i go about setting up this access point . where do i get the cable from ?

im sick of this laggy slow and disconnecty connection sigh ! i have a lot of work to do and it keeps getting interrupted

15m is a bit too far.

You will need to set up at least one access point to shorten the distance.

hello ... 15m is not too far ok.

mine was at least 30m away and I can still get quite a good signal from the router.

It was the windows Xp control fault. Do a search on the net ....

• SRC Member

hello ... 15m is not too far ok.

mine was at least 30m away and I can still get quite a good signal from the router.

It was the windows Xp control fault. Do a search on the net ....

15m with walls and doors. 30m in open area, no problem at all.

I have a wireless router too. Signal drop like hell when I try to access it from my study room at the front which is 15m away. Goes thru 3 or 4 walls.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

15m with walls and doors. 30m in open area, no problem at all.

I have a wireless router too. Signal drop like hell when I try to access it from my study room at the front which is 15m away. Goes thru 3 or 4 walls.

it depend how you position your router.

Put it high up will help .. cause less furniture , etc.

Mine router is actually in the last room upstair, yet still be able to receive good signal in the living room. Travel pass 3~4 walls also ...

sometimes it will just connect with excellent signal strength

this mean it is not a signal problem ...

• SRC Member
it depend how you position your router.

Put it high up will help .. cause less furniture , etc.

Mine router is actually in the last room upstair, yet still be able to receive good signal in the living room. Travel pass 3~4 walls also ...

Yes, agree that placement of router is important to gain max range.

Pardon me if I'm wrong. But I reckon signal downwards seems to flow better compare to signal horizontal. Don't ask me why coz I can't answer it either. Also HDB vertically got more steel beams thus signal kanna block loh.

Using a signal metering software, I can even get signal from the wireless router 2 storey down from my bedroom where the wireless router is. :evil::evil:

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member
15m and couple of walls and doors, signal will definitely drop.

Get this, it should help.

this is good shit . thanks .

My mother can use her laptop downstairs in the dining room without problem ( router is located in masterbedroom which is quite far ) . My room i think its because of the wall and doors . 2 bathrooms in between also ( all the pipes made of metal must be messing up the signal [ My theory to make me happy ] ) .

will get that signal thing . where and how much ? its standalone ? does it use batteries or something ? can i nail it to the ceiling will it be effective upside down ?

i am a total technical idiot

• SRC Member

hey bro.. i using D-Link.. and at first the connection is really sucky tt i had to connect it again and again.. i even called up bro thomas to help mi with it. haha.. now it fine.. and my connection is back to normal.. Only some times when i used too long the connection will go wrong.. when i have to switch off my main switch of the modem and the router to get a better connection.. :whistle maybe my mum put some spell on it , to prevent mi for using too long? <_<:lol: juz joking.. i put the signal stuff hangng side way on the wall.. haha.. and the card tt receive the connection is placed more to the open.. to get a clearer signal for connection.. tt wad i do.. hope this will help.. ya.. haha.. btw.. u mention tt ur mum, ur bro and u shared the connection? this will also lagg the connection for com user.. plus urs is the furthest among the 3 of u.. this wad i think.. sry if i sae smth wrong.. don flame mi.. haha..

Regards..

Lorenzo..

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

• SRC Member

she use very infrequently . my bro use all the time so a bit hard . everytime he use i start uploading all my torrents and lag his counterstrike then he will stop . hahaha . i used to have singnet broadband but i went to recontract their starhub coz i wanted the printer and camera .

• SRC Member

did you check your laptop/desktop configs properly? I had hell trying to help my gf set up her's coz I didn't know toshiba had their own inbuilt wireless configs which I had to overwrite..

Even after I did that I STILL could not get it to work properly (frequent DC), strange thing is my IBM worked flawlessly at the same distance from the router...

Try changing ur channels....

by the way, i also thought the laptop was too far away but the IBM was doing fine... router on ground floor laptop on 2nd floor...

• SRC Member

actually...do u all on ur wirelesss router for 24/7??

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata