IPPT

silverfish

• SRC Member

the last time i took.. i think so.. ;) it is a good way to just let the treadmill guide ur pace.. but if u cannot cope wif constant pace, that might not be a good idea..

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

*gasp*, you mean when we take IPPT at gym, the threadmill is at 2degrees inclination?

Like that might as well run in Khatib Camp.

The IPPT now is very fast, can own time own target. A far cry from my last time 4 hour IPPT.

• SRC Member

The threadmill is easier to run compared than on the road. So the speed setting and inclination is to make the condition running on the threadmill similiar to running on the road. Threadmill running at 13 or 14 km/hr setting no sweat, but try that pace on the road, lots of sweat.

• SRC Member

Personally I find running on road / track is easier. Running on threadmill takes a little practice. I remember I had a difficult time running on the threadmill for the first time as I do not run a consistent pace.

Advice for those who is going to take IPPT on threadmill, have a few practice rounds.

I think the inclination makes it tough to pass, had tried it in my office gym.. siong ah..

haven been back to camp for a year plus, btw, are camera phones allowed in these ippt test centres?

• SRC Member

Only been going to Khatib FCC as nearer to my house, they basically don't care about what you bring in.

But have to be careful about lightning strike at the running track there. Heard that there are a few cases already, but no one injured.

• SRC Member
Yo guys,

I need to pass my IPPT soon.. or else it will be RT :cry:

Anyone knows if the safra gym treadmill are still incline at 2 degrees?

thanks!

Bro,must force yourself to go run a few laps before test lah :)

can run means can run,IMO doesn't matter whether on treadmill or on the track :lol:

• SRC Member

forgive my ignorance... didnt even know that ippt can be taken at gym... gd life man reservist nowadays... last time we used to kena go tekong for rt n its log pt... damn siong man

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member
But to get $400, then must train a bit to get the pace lah. :lol:

just a note, if u take IPPT at the gym, no monetary award.. try as i could, i can only managed Silver... sigh.. Gold seems so far away from me..

I do agree, can run means can run.. i tried both types.. on treadmill, i only pass, on track, i got silver.. reason being that u can control ur speed coz not all run at constant pace for 12 mins...

RT in tekong!!! wah lau...

i went for RT once... pretty siong.. now, i train on my own...discipline..

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
Weekend NS, thanks to my company

It wants employee to attend remedial training session on his own time

Wednesday • October 12, 2005

Letter from Yeo Suan Wei

I have been working with a small public accounting firm since May. In June, I received the Ministry of Defence's (Mindef) notification (SAF100) to report for remedial training (RT) during the months of October and November.

I promptly forwarded a copy to my employer.

Before the first RT session, I requested that I be released early from work at 5pm so that I could make it to the centre in time for RT which starts at 6pm. My official working hours end at 6.20pm.

My employer's position on early release from work is either to make up for the shortfall in working hours on days that I do not have to do RT, or to offset the shortfall against my accumulated overtime.

As there are 11 weekdays of RT sessions, this would mean that I would need to forgo 11 hours or approximately one day-off.

Given that RT is considered a part of National Service, my employer seemed to be penalising me for attending it. I therefore wrote in to the Mindef eServices Centre (MEC) to ask if I could claim Make-up Pay (MUP).

MEC's reply was that it was "mandatory for your employer to release you early for RT sessions. As for a MUP claim, your employer can file a claim for you if you suffer a loss in civilian pay".

I also called MEC to confirm this. The customer service officer told me that the Mindef's policy for a MUP claim was for a minimum four hours. (My claim was just an hour and 20 minutes.)

As my employer did not want to go through the hassle of submitting MUP claims, they called MEC to ask if weekday RT could be changed to weekend RT instead.

MEC confirmed that this can be done. So, my employer asked me to switch to do my RT during weekends.

Anyone who has attended RT sessions will know it is a physically gruelling conditioning session. To attend two consecutive days of RT is sheer torture.

I am now caught in a no-win situation: Put in the additional hours at work and forgo the accumulated overtime hours, or attend two consecutive days of RT during weekends.

Given that I only have two days in a week to spend quality time with my family, my employer's stand is not in sync with the Government's policy of being pro-family oriented.

I had never encountered the same problem with my previous employers.

I sincerely hope that mine is an isolated case.

http://www.todayonline.com/articles/77679.asp

Funny, he seems to blame everyone except himself. He was given a year to prepare himself for IPPT. Just need to aim for pass will do. If fail 1 static station(except 2.4km) can retake again what. Normally just talk to PTI if you fail the station again, most likely they will give chance :whistle

• SRC Member
ever seen any overweight guys (90kg onwards) try to do 3-4 chin-ups?

some skinny guys can't even managed 2 chin-up....

So, how to help them? downgrade??? :D

how i wish they do that to me even 5 pull up dont earn me a pass...

Too much parta i guess

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

how i wish they do that to me even 5 pull up dont earn me a pass...

Too much parta i guess

how come 5 chinup cannot pass?? CDO?? Guards? Or Cat X? :o

• SRC Member

Cat X lol Fail.... Due to no count &^%%& waste my energy

Getting fatter liao also 95 also

But 1.5mth to Cat Y :)

Heard that maju camp quite easy to pass is it true ?

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

:D:D:D

just scrap through mine at maju camp...got $100 dollars

i prefer maju camp, the stations are not electronic, unlike bedok. cheat abit also no chance.

stations like standing broad jump and shuttle run can eat a bit. but chin up quite stringent. the big size pti damn strict

:P