Giritharan

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

it is a a sweetlip alrite... bought one for my colleague who likes it, after a few months gave it back to lfs, feasting on his smaller species....

Do you know, SOme Very very Colour ful cheap fishes you can recomand me, Tomorrow first thing, i will go and give back the Sweet Lips to the shop and exchange for some other fishes...,

This Firefish Goby .. could you tell me wat price will it be, where can i get it for very cheap,

Best Regards,

Giritharan

Fire gobies normally cost around $5 last time..but I think now price rise liao..think up to $8? Anyway..firegobies best to keep 1 only...if want to add more than one best to be 3 and above..and add them all at once..if not aggression will occur...anyway..since your tank is so new i suggest you stick to 1. Beware though....fire gobies are famous for becoming ikan bilis.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
Fire gobies normally cost around $5 last time..but I think now price rise liao..think up to $8? Anyway..firegobies best to keep 1 only...if want to add more than one best to be 3 and above..and add them all at once..if not aggression will occur...anyway..since your tank is so new i suggest you stick to 1. Beware though....fire gobies are famous for becoming ikan bilis.

Lol Ekan , Wat u mean by that, Ok tell me where you buy it form, , Maybe i will buy two,,,

Best Regards,

Giritharan

Ikan bilis as they will readily jump right out of ur tank when they feel like it and end up as dried fish.

Don't get 2...one will bully the other one till it dies. Stick to 1.

A firegoby can co-exist with a purple goby though...

Can try Reb***...they had lots of purple gobies the last time i went. :rolleyes:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
how long have u kept the anemone??

I the small one at the left of the tank .. i bought it last week, Today i bought two big ones.. they like moving all the way to the ground, well...

Best Regards,

Giritharan

• SRC Member
Ikan bilis as they will readily jump right out of ur tank when they feel like it and end up as dried fish.

Don't get 2...one will bully the other one till it dies. Stick to 1.

A firegoby can co-exist with a purple goby though...

Can try Reb***...they had lots of purple gobies the last time i went. :rolleyes:

Cool, Did you keep this fish before, You are so Expert, Well Thanks .. but i remeber going to this shop and found that they have so many of this fishes in one small 2ft tank,, They look very nice:)

Ne way where is this place Reb***]

Best Regards,

Giritharan

ANy Suggestions to my back ground of the tank, i think it is freshwater poster, Hmm any one here put a black sheet of paper for the BackGround, or could you all help me suggest wat picture should i put?

Best Regards,

Giritharan

oh hiyee bro.. rescape your LR again huh??

nice tank though... happy marine keeping

:)

Well, it definitely depends what u want for the background. I believe most of them would put the blue coloured paper which u can obtained from most lfs. To me, the blue background look like 'fake ocean blue'.

So one day I kept myself thinking,hmmm.......what kind of background would look more natural..........and voila!

It's what I call the 'Geylang paper'!

You know those transparent coloured paper? If you get the red colour paper and wrap it aroung the bulb it will resemble the red in Geylang? That's it! BUT OF COURSE DON"T GET THE RED ONE. There's the greenish blue one which can be easily obtained from stationery shops.

Just stick it to the back of your aquarium, switch on the light and TA DAH!

Try it.

• SRC Member

oh hiyee bro.. rescape your LR again huh??

nice tank though... happy marine keeping

:)

Haha, thanks bro, Any Suggestions to my rescaping my life rocks, Issit okie, Once i get my extrenal Filter, the tank will look more open.., Could you tell me wat other colourful corals should i put.. instead of those green ones,,

Best Regards,

GIritharan

• SRC Member
Well, it definitely depends what u want for the background. I believe most of them would put the blue coloured paper which u can obtained from most lfs. To me, the blue background look like 'fake ocean blue'.

So one day I kept myself thinking,hmmm.......what kind of background would look more natural..........and voila!

It's what I call the 'Geylang paper'!

You know those transparent coloured paper? If you get the red colour paper and wrap it aroung the bulb it will resemble the red in Geylang? That's it! BUT OF COURSE DON"T GET THE RED ONE. There's the greenish blue one which can be easily obtained from stationery shops.

Just stick it to the back of your aquarium, switch on the light and TA DAH!

Try it.

Hi hi,, You mean those Transparent greenish, or voila.., could you send me a picture of your tank:,,

Best Regards,

Giritharan

• SRC Member
but the thing is.. anemones.. i think they really really need atleast pl t4..

if not they won't survive be it 2 or 3 months they will die eventually..

which anemone, you mean the tube one or the coral type of anemone,, Hmm wat should i do,,

Best Regards,

Giritharan

Hi and welcome to the hobby.

I see that you stated your tank as one month old. I trust that you have learnt about the cycling process and the importance of establishing a proper filtration system before stocking up?

If your system is immature and stocked suddenly, prepare to battle problemetic nuisance algae and possibly a crash.

Your tank is small (but I must add that your camera takes a nice sharp photo! What is it? :D) and you do not have a DSB or ample LR, your skimmer is small and inefficient and lighting is way underpowered... so you really have a lot of restrictions.

Hope you will learn quickly on the do's and don'ts (mostly donts) on keeping a marine tank, esp. for a beginner. Patience and discipline is a must. If you can... upgrade to a bigger tank or better equipment as a priority and not how quickly you want to make your tank look nice with new livestock... coz they won't last very long... and you'll be guilty of poor reefkeeping.

Do it right and you'll achieve a satisfaction beyond what you can imagine! :)

• SRC Member
Hi and welcome to the hobby.

I see that you stated your tank as one month old. I trust that you have learnt about the cycling process and the importance of establishing a proper filtration system before stocking up?

If your system is immature and stocked suddenly, prepare to battle problemetic nuisance algae and possibly a crash.

Your tank is small (but I must add that your camera takes a nice sharp photo! What is it? :D) and you do not have a DSB or ample LR, your skimmer is small and inefficient and lighting is way underpowered... so you really have a lot of restrictions.

Hope you will learn quickly on the do's and don'ts (mostly donts) on keeping a marine tank, esp. for a beginner. Patience and discipline is a must. If you can... upgrade to a bigger tank or better equipment as a priority and not how quickly you want to make your tank look nice with new livestock... coz they won't last very long... and you'll be guilty of poor reefkeeping.

Do it right and you'll achieve a satisfaction beyond what you can imagine! :)

Hi, thanks For Reading My topic,

Ne way, my tank is 1 month old and my bacteria inside very fast culture, not even 3rd week already cultured,, because i have quick start by adding a clown fish lol, to start the cycling process, Ne way 1 life is so far gone in my tank, which was the first clown fish to start the process,

I was planning to get a good Extrenal filter about, 1000 liter per hour or so.. 3 stages complete, so i can add coral chips, carbon, bio rocks, and good filter ,

It cost about $100+, with discount i guess :)

Yea I got about like 7 fishes inside though, not adding ne more till 2 weeks later or once my new filter got good bacteria gorwing inside,,

Yes this is my first time marine hobbie.. so i starting small.. once i have like about $500 i will get a good 4ft tank wiht powerful lighint extrenaly..

Haha my camera is Sony 1.5 Mega Pixels,

Regarding the skimmer, hmm i bought a branded type.. Sander for About $40,,,

I was planning to buy another 2 lights 15 watts each again.. so i will get total of 4 lights, What is DSB or ample LR?

Best Regards,

Giritharan

• SRC Member
Hi, thanks For Reading My topic,

Ne way, my tank is 1 month old and my bacteria inside very fast culture, not even 3rd week already cultured,, because i have quick start by adding a clown fish lol, to start the cycling process, Ne way 1 life is so far gone in my tank, which was the first clown fish to start the process,

dun use fish to cycle, even thou its cheap.. :angry:

• SRC Member
i think your tank is already kinda overstock... dun think you should add more fish...

I dont think i gonna add in more fish.. but now is the time to decorate.... with Colour full corals which i will buy from a farm or something,,

Best Regards,

Giritharan

What is Ne way?

Your lights have to be way more than 15w each x 2. That's too weak... to support photosynthetic life. You should increase it to minimum IMO around 35w - 55w each if possible and pack in more light tubes.

The weaker MHs are already at 150watts.

You should take a break and stop buying stuff. Use that time to save more $$$ and read, read, read!

Your plans to 'upgrade' is going to be a waste of money and time if you don't really know what's ideal and what's sub-standard for a marine setup. Do you know exactly what the advantages and disadvantages of using a canister? Do you know why if you use coral chips, what's the purpose it serves?

A marine tank is not just a thing to admire... it's an ecosystem and many people start off by killing livestock through lack of understanding and knowledge and a poor setup.

To setup a proper marine tank is IMO, 70% of your time spent on knowledge & info gathering, 20% to think it through and adapt it to your budget and 10% shopping and putting it together.

Your cash should be saved up buy the right equipment of which is 80% of your first setup and 10% livestock for the first batch after one month of cycling and slowly using the rest of the remaining 10% to stock up in the following weeks.

Most newbies spend 10% of time on knowledge gathering, 5% on thinking through and planning, 65% of time wasted on visiting LFS, shopping and asking about prices and questions of different equipment without understanding the pros and cons and functions well enough but yet buy them and the remaining 20% putting it together.

Their cash is spent on 30% junk or wrong equipment for the first setup and 70% livestock.

Then they waste much more money buying equipment to 'upgrade', or stuff to 'rectify' mistakes that shouldn't be made in the first place!

See where I am coming from? :D

Save time, save money, save livestock, save heartache - DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!