Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

nice work spawns ...

as for the water circulation, maybe u can extend the intake to another

part of the tank to improve the water been filtered. U might want to

consider adding air-stone. there's many type of airstone with different

bubble output :)

• SRC Member

tks bro cool.it is nothing.i bet u could do better. 3 to 4days alternate of 15% water change(or should i say a Teacup full of new saltwater) by using corallife mix salt with DI water, and checking water parameters using testkits wkly.top up using distill water(a capfull every day).i also did make small icecubes out of it,drop it in the tank if its gets too hot. the rest will be as per normal(dose kalk etc..)but in tiny amount wkly.

lorensia, LS will be softies.

:thanks:

Can we just exchange one full full of water with the main tank. What I mean is scoop one cup full of water from this pico tank, and pour into the main tank, then scoop one cup full of water from the main tank then pour back into this pico - can do this every two or three days or even daily.

Then once a month do a 20% water change for the main water????

Easier to do it this way right instead of weekly changes?

• SRC Member

ha ha cdckjn :rolleyes: ,

Can we just exchange one full full of water with the main tank. What I mean is scoop one cup full of water from this pico tank, and pour into the main tank, then scoop one cup full of water from the main tank then pour back into this pico - can do this every two or three days or even daily
i dont think so that is useful. whats the purpose for that,may i know?i i thought by doing 15% to 20% water change,u are accually introducing new fresh salt water to ur tank...ur main tank water is not new...correct me if im wrong.

what i did is,newly prepared salt water is store in a jerrycan(i hv 2containers 25ltrs of those) for my main 3ft tank waterchange n changing water for my pico is a breeze,compare to my 3fter tank :)

• SRC Member
spawn! exchange with mi for the blue one.. haha.. i saw ah beng one.. but not as blue as urs.. haha..

aiya lorensia, i hv to "WWF" my way through to get these good ones lah! u think i want to exchange wif u? ha ha J/K bro.... :P its just my luck to spot this one:paiseh:

n tks for the compliment.... :)

• SRC Member

bro, saw you mentioned no fish. is it because the tank too small? or fish are really not recommended for nanos/picos? I have a 1ft cube using liberty 200 with 1 bicolor gramma, 2 starfishes and a hermit crab, the diatoms just keep coming! :(

i feed only once a week amd change 20% every week still have diatoms. is it because of the fish?

1. Via-Aqua MultiSkimmer - $25.00

2. DIY Kalk Reactor - $25.00

3. Atman Protein Skimmer - $25.00

PM Me if interested.

• SRC Member
how much u pay for??

can pm me the price as well?

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef

• SRC Member

cool blue mushies u got dere.. :D

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

aiya lorensia, i hv to "WWF" my way through to get these good ones lah! u think i want to exchange wif u? ha ha J/K bro.... :P its just my luck to spot this one:paiseh:

n tks for the compliment.... :)

wah.. u good! <_< haha.. it reallly nice.. when urs is stable and really "spawning" give mi a frag huh! haha..

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

• SRC Member
bro, saw you mentioned no fish. is it because the tank too small? or fish are really not recommended for nanos/picos? I have a 1ft cube using liberty 200 with 1 bicolor gramma, 2 starfishes and a hermit crab, the diatoms just keep coming!

i feed only once a week amd change 20% every week still have diatoms. is it because of the fish?

hi,my tank too small n with that kind of limited space/water volume,i doubt any fish could survived BUT NOW i hv second thought.... :evil: what fish do u think suitable to fit in? i was thinking of a small yellow goby... :evil:

*sight*to put or not to put.... :erm:

u mention diatoms? my fishless tank also got diatoms :nc: ...4days of 20% water change(using distilled water to mix somemore) n using distilled water ALSO to topup still got diatoms :cry: AND also im using ROWAphos somemore....

*sight* again...

• SRC Member

update.....

i did some major changes on my pico. it seems that cyno(yes... :evil: cynobacteria) has taken over my pico!so what i did was....took out everything/did some scrubbing/clean the tank/change rowaphros/took out the sand/70%water changed/install a mini pump(c pic below) for more circulation n did some rescaped.

:(

post-69-1131722880.jpg

• SRC Member

its quite pack liaoz...but still enough space to put some rhodactis... :lol:

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata