monti nudis

• SRC Member

alright...now i got them..and plenty of them..will use this thread as a log for my battle against them

currently affected are my purple monti cap, orange monti cap and a plating monti..until now my two digitatas not affected...will monitor

any tips of their removal will be greatly appriciated

will appriciate if can tell me what fishes are good against these pest pls,,now only know of six line and yellow coris..any more?

some photos for reference

post-22-1130408041.jpg

I'm also a victim to these guys

Good luck in your battle :)

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

My montis also used to had all all this pest

even after removing them they seems to be back again,

guess they were newly hatched one

they will be only gone once they have no more host

thats wat i did remove all the monti from my tank..

and after three months .. never saw them again

these montis wiped out all my monti collections. now i dun even hv a single monti in my tank. incubation period now; hopefully those blasted nudis wld all die!!!

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

I believe it came from frags from other reefers

So far I only have 1 wild colony so I'm almost sure that they came from the frags

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

Those are really real pests in reef tank!!!

Well maybe can use some powerful flow to blow them off

(dun do this in the main tank )

and for those eggs section can use superglue or expoxy to cover

Might not be 100 percent but think can give it a try

them~~

• SRC Member

thanks for the well wishes...and sorry to hear from those who lost all their montis..hope i can win this :(:(

well..the recommended lugols dip by RC and hamman didnt work..not even a single monti fell off.. <_<<_<

so took a syringe and blow them off...blow around 40 or so of them..cant take pics cos the pail red and the photos came out red with white specks...

anyway...the eggs i circled are eggs..just that the eggs are formed and they hatching soon..so gone glue them in their egg case now :ph34r::ph34r:

a recommended way from bro WL is to put the monti in tank water then place in freezer..well..the freezer is banned by my mom..so that cant be tried out..

anyways, got 2 six lines...now looking for yellow coris..anybody seen them pls do inform me...thanks

• SRC Member

forgot to add...i got my montis from two reefers....i believe u two know who u are...hope the two reefers do check....

it seems the least effected is a purple monti frag which is at the other end of the tank...and that purple monti is near a purple digitata...so now have to watch the digitata...

the worst affected is the orange monti...i got a feeling the nudis are from there..well..but they might also hitch hiked from other sps...a probability those in RC said could happen..

• SRC Member

dk, sorry to hear of this.

[... edited out,]

If the monti are truly 'worth it', then how about a QT, at least theres some control there... otherwise, ... they shouldn't be too hard to acquire pest-free ones again...

... all right guys, own up.. which one of you passed over to him.? :evil::evil: j/k

[actually, I passed you two montis... one brown one and 1 green one, I'm most sure there no nudis]...?

• SRC Member
dk, sorry to hear of this.

Do you have a hunch where it could have come from.? If its from a frag circle, tt'll be good to keep that circle informed, if its from some LFS, then... you'll be doing everyone a big favour... we're such a small community.

If the monti are truly 'worth it', then how about a QT, at least theres some control there... otherwise, ... they shouldn't be too hard to acquire pest-free ones again...

... all right guys, own up.. which one of you passed over to him.?  :evil:  :evil: j/k

bro...u did frag from me remember ;);)

planning on a QT..but that would mean getting lights again...that means $$$..so yet to decide to have anot..well..have a spare 3 ft sitting around dry and a chiller..so we'll see

hamman: yup..all 3 montis got it..but till now didnt spot any on my digitatas..will check on them, thanks :):)

to the person who sold me the orange monti:

please do check your montis in case...and also you recently sold a few monti frags...so pls do check your montis...no offence meant...just hope these pests dont spread :peace::peace::peace:

• SRC Member

bro madmac..from what i see...it inst from yours..my suspect is the orange one...but from what i see from the reefers tank..highly unlikely...his tank montis are healthy....so i suspect a hitchhikers...

in RC, they mentioned about the larvea can stay on other acros and it wont eat that acro..when they hitch hike into my tank they will source around for my montis...so thats where i guess my monti nudis came from

• SRC Member

whew, thats a relive...'cause I'd feel real bad if it came from me. the parent piece you got are doing real good... except for the brown one, which still grows, jus cannot colour up; the green one is a fast grower... and they're still doing great,... jus in-case I'll check them tomorrow.

If you need a temp set of lights, lmk, I have a dymax 150W MH clip-on in the store somewhre.

PS:[i've passed same the green piece to Andysho and TinEng, so can you two have a look too]

Seriously... not trying to sound too drastic, if I were you, I'll throw in 2-3 yellow wrasses and super-glue all the eggs and use tweezers to manually remove any nudis u can see with your ###### eye......

Good luck bro!

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

I had that nudis on a few occasions and I used a toothbrush to brush them away but be careful on the montis. It works but keep coming back after a while so I brushed them in freshwater! And my monti gone to heaven. Mine is a tiny brown fragment which has grown to a 7 inch diameter size. My other orange fragment also grown to a 4in diameter is unaffected.

So, I think it can be done by brushing them in salt water carefully. The eggs are mostly found at the back on the edges of the monti.

• SRC Member

Hi DK... you mention you got the orange monti from reefer... wondering was it the same piece i sold to you couple of months ago... anyway, have chk through my tank.. so far.. no sight of any nudis... till to-date... (touch wood :P ) few of the reefers have came to view my tank recently..... hanmannbmw, rav65, anothny, 35 cts.. etc.. hmmm.. guys did u see anything.. or u guys just keep quiet and wait for good show :lol::lol::lol: anyway.. hope you could overcome the nudis soon....

• SRC Member
Hi DK... you mention you got the orange monti from reefer... wondering was it the same piece i sold to you couple of months ago... anyway, have chk through my tank.. so far.. no sight of any nudis... till to-date... (touch wood :P ) few of the reefers have came to view my tank recently..... hanmannbmw, rav65, anothny, 35 cts.. etc.. hmmm.. guys did u see anything.. or u guys just keep quiet and wait for good show :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  anyway.. hope you could overcome the nudis soon....

haha, yup the orange monti was from u....great to hear that yours are ok :peace::peace:

no good show will occur bro, no offence in anything i said earlier and wont blame u for anything , it was something really unexpected...cheers!! :peace::peace:

actually still wanting to ask u for a frag of the green staghorn...but i kept pushing back :P:P:P

well..so i guess i got mine for hitch hikers...will continue to observe

thanks for all the advise guys..appriciate them...still searching the yellow coris though..

anyway, noticed a white patch but no sign of nudi on my purple digitata....what should i do???