Maintenance of Weipro skimmer

Sotong

• SRC Member

personally, IMO..For weipro, i would suggest to clean more often ...BUT be careful when dismantle, it may crack...if not handle properly. Arcylic that they uses very think....

• SRC Member
Hi

Please advise, if the inner tube is removed, how to put it back in position?  The opening is pretty small & how do we secured it firmly to the base as before? <_<

<_< the same way you take it out... its a tight fit. Pls if you don't feel you can do it, don't take it out then.

• SRC Member
personally, IMO..For weipro, i would suggest to clean more often ...BUT be careful when dismantle, it may crack...if not handle properly. Arcylic that they uses very think....

IME, if the skimmer is left in the dark, it doesn't become dirty as easily. The neck where the cup joins thebody tends to crack easily. You'll see fine hairline cracks... and this will cause some leaks... jus be gentle in remove the cup for cleaning, twist slowly, lubricate with water if you must, that helps.

The cup and its cover is very brittle, the body is pretty solid...

disclaimer : I'm only speaking for the 2011, which is what I use.

• SRC Member

Hi Valerossi

I am using a Weipro 2012 but submerge the skimmer into sump instead of hanging ley... it's ok so far. Was yours jammed by the dirt trapped in the skimmer due to lack of cleaning? :o

Nonetheless, what is the pump size u used then? I am using Atman 2000L/hr. Good enough? <_<

Haf a thought that the more powerful the pump, the better the skim,since this kind of venturi skimmer is dependent on the pressure forced into the skimmer. Any idea if the theory is correct? :angel:

• SRC Member

Sotong

I dun have a sump in my system, i hang it outside my tank.That's the problem i face.

But u have to do a check on it every week.If it jam, the protein skimmer won't work at all..

If any reefers selling macro skimmer, u can buy it from them.

From my past, macro works better for mi.Not the needlewheel type.

Mine is the venturi type. Cos needlewheel pump spoilt = HEACHACHE.