My first 4x2x2.5 marine tank

fishtalk1517

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
eh y did u buy tht fish..

hope u dun keep very small goby or shrimps..

else sure mati..

bedtime for ur scooter?

Er Bro Amb, this fellow is always at the sand bed. Never seen him swim even cm above sand level. So far, got a boxer shrimp and all seems ok with this sand goby (not sure the name) ard :rolleyes:

Bro Vtec, hardly can spot this fellow as very often, it burrows itself in the sand and due to it body color quite similar to my sand, its always camuflagued :pinch: Here's a few shot of him again....

post-4134-1223476165.jpg

post-4134-1223476175.jpg

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

I've never come across this Scooter before... looking good! Very soon... I will be able to start a new thread :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
I've never come across this Scooter before... looking good! Very soon... I will be able to start a new thread :)

jervis, any preview on your upcoming project. looking forward to seeing your new thread, bound to be impressive. hope your next project will be more outstanding than your previous ones. :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

Hey Jervis, U have kept us long enough for the long long wait for ur new tank thread ...... Many have decomm or scale down to fowler tank due to high cost for maintaining a reef tank nowadays :eyeblur: U coming back as a LPS tank again ? Can't wait to follow ur thread again :eyebrow:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
jervis, any preview on your upcoming project. looking forward to seeing your new thread, bound to be impressive. hope your next project will be more outstanding than your previous ones. :rolleyes:

His tank is always very POWER and lotsa new equipments goodies. Very detail review of all products used by him, be it fish food, equipments, lights just anything.... Kudos to his dedicated love for reefing.... Think enough of me saying, just review ur tank planning ya

• SRC Member
His tank is always very POWER and lotsa new equipments goodies. Very detail review of all products used by him, be it fish food, equipments, lights just anything.... Kudos to his dedicated love for reefing.... Think enough of me saying, just review ur tank planning ya

aiyah, my tank planning kinda a bit "delay", if you know what i mean. sian 1/2. anyway, i rather bad in tank update, time constraint lah bro. will definitely invite you and rest for chill-out once the tank is up and running.

• SRC Member
aiyah, my tank planning kinda a bit "delay", if you know what i mean. sian 1/2. anyway, i rather bad in tank update, time constraint lah bro. will definitely invite you and rest for chill-out once the tank is up and running.

Will stay tune for ur invites. At same time, will bring a bottle over for ur tank opening ceremony :lol: Ur tank will be another awesome thread to be followed :eyebrow: U know wat I mean also rite, bro !!! :yeah:

• SRC Member
Will stay tune for ur invites. At same time, will bring a bottle over for ur tank opening ceremony :lol: Ur tank will be another awesome thread to be followed :eyebrow: U know wat I mean also rite, bro !!! :yeah:

aiyah, just another simple tank setup lah. anyway, friday going to collect RSM. you interested to come along? only if you have the time though. heehee...

• SRC Member
Er Bro Amb, this fellow is always at the sand bed. Never seen him swim even cm above sand level. So far, got a boxer shrimp and all seems ok with this sand goby (not sure the name) ard :rolleyes:

Bro Vtec, hardly can spot this fellow as very often, it burrows itself in the sand and due to it body color quite similar to my sand, its always camuflagued :pinch: Here's a few shot of him again....

bro, it doesnt look like the normal scooter wor....hybrid one ar.... i have 1 in my tank too....kept for 1yr+. hyper active leh.....onli during bedtime then it burrow in the sand. else it will be seen "flying" ard looking for food....always stealing brine shrimp from my mandarin's home <_<

lol...then he will go through another round of scaping with rocks and zoa frags to give or sell....hehehe.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• Moderators
added some anthias. can someone ID the names for me. Hardly keep anthias. Thanks

Bro, the orange ones is likely the female Square Anthias. The redder one is Lyretail Anthias. The one you had is the close family of the Maldive's blue eye anthias, just that the colour is not so bright. :)

If you are going into Anthias, avoid Tri-Colour Anthias at all cost. Trust me, they can be a real pain when become 'old bird'.

Tom

• SRC Member

bro, it doesnt look like the normal scooter wor....hybrid one ar.... i have 1 in my tank too....kept for 1yr+. hyper active leh.....onli during bedtime then it burrow in the sand. else it will be seen "flying" ard looking for food....always stealing brine shrimp from my mandarin's home <_<

Ya its not Mr scooter. very flat scooter look alike fellow. cute and tame fellow. Saw my mandarin swimming pass the Mr Scooty to check him out. Lucky without a fight :whistle Both ignore each other's existence :lol:

sorrie bro..

ur creature i thought was another fish..

haha...

if e fish realli got any prob i tink quite impossible to catch it out lehz

Bro, i know wat fish u talking abt... those types would devour my other smaller fishes man. As for ctaching him out, dun think a problem. Jus try scooping the sand n y will sure to ctach him :P

lol...then he will go through another round of scaping with rocks and zoa frags to give or sell....hehehe.

NO more rescape !!! Had enough of opportunities of it liao. For record, one rescape with 50% water change and the other is overhaul with 90% water change !!! Both super back breaking for 2-4 days !!! :evil:

Bro, the orange ones is likely the female Square Anthias. The redder one is Lyretail Anthias. The one you had is the close family of the Maldive's blue eye anthias, just that the colour is not so bright.

If you are going into Anthias, avoid Tri-Colour Anthias at all cost. Trust me, they can be a real pain when become 'old bird'.

Thomas, really appreciate ur help to ID the anthias. Phew, was considering to add in future Tri color anthias, due to their body colors :fear: Now all my anthias feeding happily on mysis and have come out from thier hidings :look:

• Moderators

Yup. I agreed with you on the Tri-Colour. They are brilliant when well conditioned! :yeah:

Since you already have a community of anthias and looking to add more. I will suggest some of the below addition:

- Sunset Anthias (Can be challenging)

- Male Square Anthias (Since u have 2 female now)

- Maldive's Blue eye

- Sunburst (Poor cousin of the Blotched Anthia)

I suggest you get a few Sunburst at once. They can live together in the same tank if release together. I had 3 in my tank currently. ;)

Tom

• SRC Member
Yup. I agreed with you on the Tri-Colour. They are brilliant when well conditioned! :yeah:

Since you already have a community of anthias and looking to add more. I will suggest some of the below addition:

- Sunset Anthias (Can be challenging)

- Male Square Anthias (Since u have 2 female now)

- Maldive's Blue eye

- Sunburst (Poor cousin of the Blotched Anthia)

I suggest you get a few Sunburst at once. They can live together in the same tank if release together. I had 3 in my tank currently. ;)

Din know mine is all female. Thought they can molt from female to male ? :unsure:

N before I add any more anthias to my tank, will have to clear some other fishes like chromis and blue tangs !! (poo machine)

Sunburst anthias are challenging to keep, heard fr many reefers too. But really a beauty to adore :eyebrow:

• Moderators
Din know mine is all female. Thought they can molt from female to male ? :unsure:

N before I add any more anthias to my tank, will have to clear some other fishes like chromis and blue tangs !! (poo machine)

Sunburst anthias are challenging to keep, heard fr many reefers too. But really a beauty to adore :eyebrow:

Yup. The female do morph to male but will take a long time and the morph male in captive tank will not be as nice as the wild morph. It tend to retain some of the female colouration.

For sunburst, try picking up the bigger piece and you have an established group of feeding anthias, it help to encourage the sunburst to come out and feed as well. Just sharing my personal experience. It work for me :upsidedown:

Check with Ah Beng or Irwana Auntie for fish shipment date. Usually the big ones are gone on fish shipment day if available, so must be fast hand fast leg. :eyebrow:

Tom

• SRC Member
Yup. The female do morph to male but will take a long time and the morph male in captive tank will not be as nice as the wild morph. It tend to retain some of the female colouration.

For sunburst, try picking up the bigger piece and you have an established group of feeding anthias, it help to encourage the sunburst to come out and feed as well. Just sharing my personal experience. It work for me :upsidedown:

Check with Ah Beng or Irwana Auntie for fish shipment date. Usually the big ones are gone on fish shipment day if available, so must be fast hand fast leg. :eyebrow:

I've got 2 Lyretail Anthias anthias. both look differently. one of them got a higher back fin and color wise, more darker dull reddish tone. So tat means I got a male and female Lyretail Anthia ? as for cheong LFS during shipment, nowadays less participative in it. maybe tank too full and fishes also too many to count so din bother to cheong. Perhaps after clearing some fishes, will decide to add more sunburst anthias :eyebrow: Different types of anthias makes a gd coloration to our fish collection

• 1 month later...

yup more update ya =) in the end i did not get the blue tub from ur friend.... guess i got it from who? An old friend in punggol... just in case all of us thought he decomm already, he did not .... still very much alive, just that all his purple queen in heaven le .

anyway my back breaking activities start from sat onward ... here we go again... same old shit again....

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

bro fishtalk, how is life. Hope everything is fine. today meeting reefzzz and hammy. You want to join. Heard Bro Earth sold his unit....

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler