What's interesting in KL?

blueheaven

I'm going to KL tomorrow and since I've never been there before, I'd like to know if there is any "must see" places and things

And of course if there are LFS there, I'd take a look too :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

Ok, that's in my programme

Anything else? :lol:

sialat twin towers ? no offence but to mi its juz another da** building zzz

Sunway lagoon , much better then the escape theme park

Then, theres a bigger theme park somewhere close to sunway cant rem the name liao desa ?

theres a aquarium in times square if i didnt rem wrongly , n indoor theme park

not forgetting the night markets , u goin there with tour grp ?

• SRC Member
sialat twin towers ? no offence but to mi its juz another da** building zzz

Sunway lagoon , much better then the escape theme park

Then, theres a bigger theme park somewhere close to sunway cant rem the name liao desa ?

theres a aquarium in times square if i didnt rem wrongly , n indoor theme park

not forgetting the night markets , u goin there with tour grp ?

Haha, i wld be gg there soon too..

where are the night markets? wat places are nice to shop for clothes?

• SRC Member

The whole stretch of road full of shopping malls.. Jalan Bukit something can't remember..

but mostly female clothing <_<

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef

• SRC Member

yes, i would recommend the area around jalan bukit bintang. generally good and cheaper shopping at bukit bintang plaza (BB Plaza) and the adjoining sungei wang plaza. it is catered to the lower/average income shoppers.

all around the place, you have also higher class shopping centres.

if you like local chinese food by the roadside, in the evening, try jalan alor (near/across the road from bb plaza/sungei wang plaza).

times square is just round the corner.

okay, if you have time, try to look up (literally) the Petronas twin tower and its adjoining KLCC shopping complex.

• SRC Member
yes, i would recommend the area around jalan bukit bintang. generally good and cheaper shopping at bukit bintang plaza (BB Plaza) and the adjoining sungei wang plaza. it is catered to the lower/average income shoppers.

all around the place, you have also higher class shopping centres.

if you like local chinese food by the roadside, in the evening, try jalan alor (near/across the road from bb plaza/sungei wang plaza).

times square is just round the corner.

okay, if you have time, try to look up (literally) the Petronas twin tower and its adjoining KLCC shopping complex.

lol..the places u mentioned...alot of clothes? need to shop for clothes man...

sg has so limited designs...

• SRC Member
I'm going down too...bro BH, The marine LFS are hard to find and prices arent cheap either.

Go down and enjoy & take a break from Marine.

:)

What i see is, most lfs in kl get their stock from sg, so the price think around the same or more

SBS_Transit

• SRC Member

If u're guy, can just forget about shopping for cheaper clothings in KL. Mostly female boutiques. Want male clothing also have, but price u pay abt same in SG. Shops also abt same.

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef

• SRC Member

u may wanne go watch 3D movies...cheaper ...n good

umm i can't remeber the shopping mall's name..can anyone help...it's those upmarket type...

the last time i went there .. there is this coming documentary on marine fishees :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow: ...

no idea if it is shown yet..let me know if it is showing now...wow .. then i will go there n watch asap... :D

• SRC Member

Jln Bt Bintang every 5-10ms got pimps along the streets. Not sure about now, kinda bothersome when you walk - it'll be an eye opener to our dear BH :lol:

In KL maybe you wanna drive to Mutiara Damansara where you can see the new shopping centre The Curve, Ikea (biggest in asia) Tesco....

There is also a steakhouse (a very big one) in KL thats serves steak and seafood - forgot the name :(

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

Haha I am finally back from KL

Went to KLCC to see their "Aquaria" aquarium

All I can say is that the 90m long tunnel is quite an eye opener

And it is the first time I saw sea cucumbers being squeezed by children and still not eviscerate :lol:

And I also drove past Petaling Street but didn't stop to see as the place is crowded and rather dirty.

Lastly, I went up to Genting but the experience there wasn't much of what I expected as it was raining and most rides are closed and those open ones are just crowded with visitors.

I did enjoy walking through Ripley's Believe it or not! odditorium and I'll never forget the shrunken head and vampire slaying kit B)

The traffic at KL is kind of dangerous for Singaporeans as the vehicles can just cut in and out of lanes.

Not to mention getting "caught" by traffic police for not fastening seatbelt when the car just drove out of the parking lot. Yeah, the "fine" cost us RM25 :angry:

• SRC Member

KL drive car must put seat belt meh? hahahhahah i have been doing that for thousands of time in the front seat when driven around by my manager when i managed a project in KL hehehehhe....also never get caught...

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread