Nano Lights

nakazoru

• SRC Member

Hi nano & pico guyz;

I started this thread to see a raise of hands for our sponsor to take notice the needs for them to develop some decent light for nano & pico.

Most of nano & pico need proper lights. That the reason that I hold off my pico project.

Preferably 1 ft and 1/2 ft T5 HO??? Even in US has this needs... Good opportunities for them.

Please join in the shouting... :D

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

firstly..even if we shout out for the less den 2 ft lightings...will anyone tell the sponsors abt it or it is expected that they come n take a look at themselves??..

2ndly....for less den 2 feet tanks...dun they hav PLs??...for T5s HO...i tink it is not worth for the sponsors to bring in such small tubes n end up only reefers lyk me n u will buy...

jus solely my opinion...pls dun start any flame wars..

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

So you not interested??

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

I vote for this. I hope the sponsors will bring in. I got a pico tank, and I want proper lights.

(lets make this thread simple; if you want the sponsors to bring in these lights for nano and pico tanks, raise your hands and vote for it. Opinions against the bringing of these lights, dun post, cuz the purpose of this thread is to vote for, not against.) cheers~ :lol:

dancing_girl2.gifSpirit.gif

• SRC Member

Information for bros;

The super short tube is available in the market. I saw it numerous time. It is juz that they are for domestic use. They are NO. They spectrum is not greater than 4500K.

We juz need the makers to make it HO and the right spectrum. i.e two major component: ballast and the tube.

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

I vote

AG_fishjumping.gif

3.5 X 2.5 X 2.5 Reef Coming up :))

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

• SRC Member

Actually, most nanos are being placed on table tops, desktops where there is space for a nice desk lamp.You can easily get them from the electric store. This aslo free up the surface area of the tank to allow for more gas exchange without having the lamp covering the top.

My nano is a FOWLR, so I am not using any supplement lighting.

• SRC Member
Actually, most nanos are being placed on table tops, desktops where there is space for a nice desk lamp.You can easily get them from the electric store. This aslo free up the surface area of the tank to allow for more gas exchange without having the lamp covering the top.

My nano is a FOWLR, so I am not using any supplement lighting.

You are right if it is FOWLR. If one wants so corals like zoo or shrooms. Then those may be insufficient.

They comes in 2300K majority, PL, mostly. At best you can change bulk to 4500K...

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

You are right if it is FOWLR. If one wants so corals like zoo or shrooms. Then those may be insufficient.

They comes in 2300K majority, PL, mostly. At best you can change bulk to 4500K...

IMO....13W PLs is sufficent to keep zoos and mushies becos the depth is not tt high for picos...n again...who is suppose to tell the sponsors abt tis??..or are they going to look at this themselves?..

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

I am refering to those 36W PL desklights. The 1000K 36W PL are available, even the 50/50 will be just nice for shrooms.

My desk lamp was bought eons agoi while I was still in Secondary school, i fixed up a 50/50 while my nano was still reef. Now that I have a big reef tank, I decomm the lamp and change it to a FOWLR for my maroon clown pair.

• SRC Member
I am refering to those 36W PL desklights. The 1000K 36W PL are available, even the 50/50 will be just nice for shrooms.

My desk lamp was bought eons agoi while I was still in Secondary school, i fixed up a 50/50 while my nano was still reef. Now that I have a big reef tank, I decomm the lamp and change it to a FOWLR for my maroon clown pair.

The 36W I see in LFS seems quite long from what I want. I was actually looking at abt less than 22cm tube. I have been sourcing for 1 mth but cannot find one of appropriate length.

13W, is the the the best i think so far for my dream pico. It is at best suitable for shrooms and zoo. Other coral then maybe not.

I come across palm size T5 6W NO tube, so I thinking it must be a ultimate dream tube for pico if it comes in HO at the correct spectrum. Thus I start this thread.

Sponsor will look at it if they find there is a demand for it. Consider the pico/nano tank are up and coming. I was hoping if there is high demand, then I voice out to them to see if it is possible. I wise to see the response before I make contacts.

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

I vote again~ xD

My pico tank is using a Clip-on White light PL; 7W with 7200K. $10 only from a LFS.

Tube lenght is abt 9+ cm only. plus the ballast only 13+ cm. Very short lamp. Cute.

But I have been sourcing for replacement tube that comes in Blue and White light. Cannot find. waaaaa~ :cry2:

dancing_girl2.gifSpirit.gif

• SRC Member

Guys, currently using 11wtt & 13wtt PL light for my PICO, now i've been searching a blue tube to replace either one of them but very difficult to find.... from Aquastar to Petmart... some more my PL tube is the shorter in size too.... U all know where can i get a blue tube... : (

• SRC Member

That what I meant. Always difficult to replace or even buy a new light. Share ur sentiment.

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

hey, are there 1x36W PL tubes which are shorter than then normal 40cm ones? please enlighten!!

I dun believe there is so you may inform us if you found one. Try Aqua Art, I heard they have quite a bit of PL tube, but I nvr been there.

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

• 2 weeks later...

i am also interested in getting a higher frequency lightiing for my nano. now i am useing 2 pl lights. one is 18 watts and another is 9 watts. both are blue and white.