Mushroom Corals Problems

Agoyo

Hi bro and sis out there, i just bought one rock of green mushroom last weekend.

After a week, i notice that some of the individual mushies started to fold. Most of those folded are to the center or slightly off the center. These folded mushrooms also have their white underside exposed but it still maintained the colour though. All the rest of the individual mushrooms are still good as when i bought it.

I want to know if this is a sign of splitting or is it a problem?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:):thanks::bow:

• SRC Member
Hi bro and sis out there, i just bought one rock of green mushroom last weekend.

After a week, i notice that some of the individual mushies started to fold. Most of those folded are to the center or slightly off the center. These folded mushrooms also have their white underside exposed but it still maintained the colour though. All the rest of the individual mushrooms are still good as when i bought it.

I want to know if this is a sign of splitting or is it a problem?

:):thanks::bow:

bro...try taking a pic of it...it will help alot.. :D

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

bro...try taking a pic of it...it will help alot.. 

Hi bro and sis out there, i have taken the pic of the green mushies. From this picture, do you think that these mushies are OK?

:thanks::):bow:

post-71-1136770277.jpg

• SRC Member

Firstly, Let us know about your water parameters.

And pal, i do see that you have cynao outbreak too.

Take note of your PO4 and NO3.

IMO, when new mushies are bought. Its best to leave them on low flow area & low lighting areas. and must monitor for few weeks before entering the main tank. In any cases of rotting, it will be easy to cure it or affect the rest! Once rotting occurs, it will affect the rest of the colonies. So do take note on these. And from the pics provided, all mushies seems ok.

Hope these helps! :D

• SRC Member

wow...mushroom looks ok except for the one tt u circled...but can see that there is a serious cyano out break in ur tank....

bro....change 10% of ur water and run phosphate removal such as rowa or phosguard... :lol:

Equipments:

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

Hi all, thanks for the reply,

Thanks bro wil_lee76, i will take note of what you said.

Got so much on 1 rock. Frag 1 for me leh. 

Errr, bro, i just bought this a week ago or so, and i do not want to frag yet...... maybe wait till i have a dense population of the mushies then i frag one for you....... :lol:

bro....change 10% of ur water and run phosphate removal such as rowa or phosguard... 

Hmmm.... yeah, it used to be bad. Well, then i change the air pump of my skimmer, after that i notice that the algae are dying off. So, now it is still in the process of dying. Doing more water changes with RO water for safety. Ok then, i will try to run the phrospate guard.

Keep the reply coming if you think that my mushies have or do not have problems, please reply and help me explain why the problems occur. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:thanks::bow:

• SRC Member
Hi all, thanks for the reply,

Thanks bro wil_lee76, i will take note of what you said.

Errr, bro, i just bought this a week ago or so, and i do not want to frag yet...... maybe wait till i have a dense population of the mushies then i frag one for you....... :lol:

Hmmm.... yeah, it used to be bad. Well, then i change the air pump of my skimmer, after that i notice that the algae are dying off. So, now it is still in the process of dying. Doing more water changes with RO water for safety. Ok then, i will try to run the phrospate guard.

Keep the reply coming if you think that my mushies have or do not have problems, please reply and help me explain why the problems occur. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:thanks::bow:

btw..tt 2 frag tt was damage may be dying...if can..remove that 2 frag n throw it away... :rolleyes:

Equipments:

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

• SRC Member

hey bro,

it best to let us know your water parameters so we can assist u in a better manner.

Skimmer do skim off waste material but these does not completely solve the cyano outbreak, what i can recommend you to do :

(1) Monitor your PO4 and NO3

(2) Install FR with Rowasphos or Purphos. 0ppm should attained (which take few days - weeks)

(3) Remove the Cynao & sand using scoping methods or siphon. Bear in mind that not to let the things fly to other areas.

(4) Reduce your photoperiod

hope these helps. :D

• SRC Member

hmmm..lets get to topic as our bro is more concearn about his mushies than his algae problems which he already is in control of

the mushrooms looks really okay to me..

does it stay like this (folded state) both lights on and lights out?

Hi, bro/sis, thanks for the reply, i am so sorry that i have not gone up here due to my courses that has started. :)

does it stay like this (folded state) both lights on and lights out?

Bro jem, thanks, ya it stays like that lights on and lights out. So i am actually confused to wheter the mushies are okay or are they multiplying or any other reason. However, some of them had actually went back to their original states, some have not. So, any other suggestion as to what is going on with the mushies folded state?

By the way, can i ask anyone if they know what are those white intestine like things that sometimes came out of the mushies mouth?

Once again, i appreciate the reply that the bro and sis here have given me. Keep the reply coming so that i and other reefers can have a better understanding of this problem and how to solve them.

:thanks::):bow:

• 4 weeks later...