Mantis Shrimp

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys feed your mantis with?

Ive tried tiger barbs and small gold fish...

However, read somewhere that its not good for their digestive system (not sure if its true)...

hope fellow mantis 'enthusiasts' can share their experience...

(not many mantis enthusiasts in SG??)

• SRC Member
What do you guys feed your mantis with?

Ive tried tiger barbs and small gold fish...

However, read somewhere that its not good for their digestive system (not sure if its true)...

hope fellow mantis 'enthusiasts' can share their experience...

(not many mantis enthusiasts in SG??)

Feed with S$3.00 FW lobster..... good fight :eyebrow::eyebrow: , or if u wan to save the money....go ex bishan fishing pond....fish for it , its free :yeah: ... items to bring along ... clothes hanger as rod, line, hook n lastly flour batter... :eyebrow::eyebrow:

• SRC Member

i juz extracted a baby one?(1.5cm) from one of the liverocks.. anyone wants it before i flush it down the toilet...? cos i seriously dunno what to do with it... n if its such a dangerous thing... i dun think i want to haf anything to do with it... one of the other threads say that having a 5mm glass tank is dangerous enuf... and now i haf this MS...

• SRC Member
saw many many mantis shrimps at the blue tub tanks near the entrance of tropic marine farm in pasir ris farmway 1.....but they are the plain coloured ones like the one shown in the pic earlier in this thread..not the peacock variety...

personally...they dun appeal to me.. ;)

Not when u see the peacock..... :D

• SRC Member

I used to collect sea water from world trade centre and 2 weeks later i can see there was alot of baby mantis shrimp in my tank. And every 3 to 4 days i have to look into the gravel carefully to hunt them down.

I killed about 10 small ones all in all.

So better be careful those who collect sea water. Make sure you filter those water carefully before using it.