colinsoon

• SRC Member

true

AG_fishjumping.gif

3.5 X 2.5 X 2.5 Reef Coming up :))

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

You can find anemones in shops along Pasir Ris farmway 2. But as always, anemones are not easy to keep. If they die in your tank, you'll have a BIG headache.

(~ cci[RR]us ~)
A pair of Nemos :: Deep Sand Bed
Solite 2x24W T5 :: Prizm Skimmer with Overflow attachment

hi sorry to interfere,

when anemone dies, it will screte its body mucus as act of protection. some thing like 'if i die, all must die with me' atitiude.

indeed anemone is diff to keep. i have one before which cost me 80 bucks to have a hawaii purple anemone. death is unknown after i feed with brine shrimp.

now i never touch them anymore as i shift to soft corals which are easy to maintain.

anemone will only secrete toxins when its being attack. however when it dies it better to clear the water asap or else the mucus will clog and block your filters and skimmer. thus causing your motors to 'explode'!

furthur more anemone are moving creatures, if they have some atitude problem, it will keep moving from your rocks to caves and hide. thus the beauty is hidden from tank.

sign

i hate anemone

Anemone is not so hard to keep if the condition is right and it settle well in the tank. IMO, it is much easier than hard corals. Attached anemone has been with me for 2 years now.

However, if an anemone died, remove it immediately as it will pollute the water. I don't think there is toxin, it is simply pollution like when a big fish died.

Cheers.

post-7-1139382784.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

:o I used to have a fijian bubble tip anemone that eventually rotted away in a hard-to-reach corner of my tank for unknown reason. I couldn't remove it & slowly it 'melted' away...however it didn't pollute my tank or release any toxins.

Luckily, my fishes & corals were okay ! :)

So the size of your tank matters. ;)

• SRC Member

sigh .. my yellow anemone died today .. it was my very first ... good thing its a small anemone and i have a 55 gallon tank.. my water is not polluted ... but should i be doing anything other than to remove it ?