the beginning

akira

hihi

i just started my nano on sun ! bought the tank, made salt water and now in process of cycling with rocks donated by my bf ;)

tank measures

11x9x9inches

it comes with its own hang-on filter (five plan)

and a light (11W)

i haven add anything to the hang-on filter..

gonna add chemi pure soon.. any others to add into the filter?

the tank

nanotank.jpg

the lights

11wlight.jpg

nightmode.jpg

the filter

hangonfilter.jpg

inside the filter

filter2.jpg

will be measuring the water parameters frequently too ..

will need lots of guidance along the way :peace:

.png

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

chemipure is good ... i saw this tank in tamp mall basement . u bought from there ??

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

Maybe you can add rowa to control your algae too. I got got this filter pad from a LFS today. ROWAphos Sponge. Comes in 5s and cost around $30. Its a new product and its supposed to combine the effects of both ROWAphos n ROWAcarbon in one pad. Size of pad is around 10cm x 10cm x 1cm. Might be useful for a HOF. :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• SRC Member
Maybe you can add rowa to control your algae too. I got got this filter pad from a LFS today. ROWAphos Sponge. Comes in 5s and cost around $30. Its a new product and its supposed to combine the effects of both ROWAphos n ROWAcarbon in one pad. Size of pad is around 10cm x 10cm x 1cm. Might be useful for a HOF. :)

wow combined effects....sounds good...care to msg me which lfs qxnviolet?

btw akira, is the PL light easily replaceable or it's some funny bulb that is hard to find? best if can post pic? thanks

hihi

thanks all for the comments

i will put up a pic of the bulb when i get home

oh ... i got the tank for much less at petmart :angel:

Qxnviolet: can tell me where to find the filter pad? hopefully not too far from me :pinch:

.png

• SRC Member

Very nice tank.

BTW that is a very difficult tank to start with a pico. With also such a small filter, I will just use filter wool and carbon and labourlessly cleaning the filter wool.

LS, I will juz keep 2 fishes maximum and one shrimp.

Water top-up every day, water change every week with NSW. Thats the way I'll go.

Good Luck and welcome to SRC.

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

went celementi yesterday to buy chemi pure ..the smallest at half unit .. hmm.. then tried to fit into my filter cannot go in ! :pinch: so in the end divded into two portions then can fit in .. hmm..

and bought test kit too.. now have pH, NO3 and KH kits

any others tat i should buy ?

i saw the sponges there.. but at 30 ah.. anyone interested to share ? :blink:

.png

went celementi yesterday to buy chemi pure ..the smallest at half unit .. hmm.. then tried to fit into my filter cannot go in ! :pinch: so in the end divded into two portions then can fit in .. hmm..

and bought test kit too.. now have pH, NO3 and KH kits

any others tat i should buy ?

i saw the sponges there.. but at 30 ah.. anyone interested to share ? :blink:

for cycling , u need ammonia , nitrite , and nitrate testkit ...

hey , u saw the rowa sponge at clementi ? think i might go there later . care to pm mi the price and size available ?? can share if u want .

for carbon , try rowacarbon , since it is in pellet form , easily stuff inside ur filter

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

I'll try post up a picture of the ROWAsponge later....i think its size makes it perfect for hang on filters since it combines both the effects of carbon and rowa. Dual effects in a small package. Don't know how effective it is though, its a pretty new product. :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

ya..the new rowasponge is a great product :lol:

just bought mine . but kinda pricy and small

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

tank started on 12/02/06

first test parameters 19/02/06

pH:8.0

KH:6.7-7.0

alkalinity in meg/L : 2.4

NO3 mg/L : 1-2.5

tml will measure again ..

so far so good ..

waitin for everythin to stabalize now

and goin to get DI water to top-up ..

and i work in a laboratory with DI water TAP LOL

oops :P

.png

Looks good. You think there is such thing out there that can give your tank a 50/50 (white/blue) effect? It is very white right now :D

Can't wait to see live in it!

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• 2 weeks later...

today went Henry's and bought my very first inhabitants of the tank :lol:

bought 2 VERY small gobies.. around 1 inch

oh yar i also added an inch sandbed too .. looks much nicer

now thinkin of what mushies to add

DSC00865.jpg

candy cane goby ;)

the other yellow one always hide in the rocks cant take a pic of it .. shy fellow

DSC00866.jpg

full tank shot

.png

Nice choice of fish... you probably need 1 or 2 fishes that will swim in the mid to top lvl all the time. Beware of "jumper" fish, you have no lid. I have none too, so planning to get one piece of acrylic if I want to keep my fishies wet (not dried). I read today, Royal Gramma is quite a jumper too.

I plan to add in shrooms too... maybe coming weekend. So do share with us your selection.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica