Jervis' Nano Cube

jervismun

My plan (as in Day #11) is to learn along the way... steadily. So I will start with a few hardy fishes + inverts like shrimps. Then slowly introduce a few hardy corals like zoos and feathers (no anemone as they can wipe tanks out). I do travel a bit, so I must ensure the tank can withstand a couple of days without me taking care of it.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New addition to my tank! More greens! I shall introduce some herbivores soon... that is if the macroalgaes grow well.

post-34-1141301005.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Day 12: More and more surprises popping out of the rocks. Lovely :eyebrow:

post-34-1141301098.jpg

Surprise!!!

post-34-1141309509.jpg

• SRC Member
Surprise!!!

dun bluff la....u edited it.. :P

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

Haha I was trying to help me visualize my tank with fishes in it... so fun :D

Haha I was trying to help me visualize my tank with fishes in it... so fun :D

haha, that got mi .. i was about to say that the banner look kind of hugh

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Coz I have a small tank mah. Treat them as full size specimens, lol. Photoshop is so fun :pirate:

Don't worry bro, I will not do such cruelty to beautiful creatures... If it really happens in real life... YAHOO!!! It's time to get a 3 feet tank, lol.

All thanks to you :lol:

I really benefited a lot from your LRs. Again, :bow:

You still interested to sell your cleaning crew? I am going east later part of today.

hey bro, that is a red mangrove (Rhizophora mangle) pod, otherwise know as 'walking mangrove" spray top with fresh water to simulate rain/dew when you can

the green grapes algae can turn asexual,without enough lighting period.

personally i like a black sea cucumber to clean my sand bed

vipersig.jpg

Bro, I notice there are some roots coming out of the red mangrove pod. I did spray freshwater from time to time.

I am thinking of removing the green grape (Caulerpa) from my tank. What do you guys think?

Finally, got the chiller connected. It's not as quiet as I expected it to be. But it brought my temp from 29ºC to 26ºC within 15 minutes. Luckily my tank is unstocked atm. Or else, surely kena shock! So I will maintain my tank at 28ºC for the time being until the need arises to lower it further.

post-34-1141379050.jpg

I am discontinuing this thread due to low readership and response. Kindly click on my signature link to get an update of my Dream Nano... in the making :upsidedown:

I am discontinuing this thread due to low readership and response. Kindly click on my signature link to get an update of my Dream Nano... in the making :upsidedown:

Actually, I think this section would probably offer highre viewership than the Nano Reef section. I shall continue this thread.

Please continue to support me, ok? :peace:

care to advise me where did you get your NC?

Anyways thats a real BIGGG chiller for a 24g Nano.  :lol:

You want my honest opinion? Don't get a Nano Cube... but if you really wanna get it, I bought it from Tampines Mall. Ask for a discount if you r paying with cash/nets (at least 5% off). I would strongly suggest you custom a 2 feet tank with cabinet + sump.

Emm... I think u r already running a tank right? Ah... a second tank... well done! lol

care to advise me where did you get your NC?

Anyways thats a real BIGGG chiller for a 24g Nano. :lol:

I am buying all these equipments for my future tank... the Nano is just an introduction... I am already planning to custom design/made out-of-this-world tank... a unique showpiece, lol. Remember? I am a designer :paiseh:

I think my shrooms are looking happy... can anyone help ID it for certain? It's more brownish than the picture below.

post-34-1141738004.jpg

Look what I found? I tiny hitch hiker from the LR. It's very tiny, maybe about the size of a mobile phone keypad button. Can someone ID it? Will it survive?

post-34-1141739126.jpg