Tunze ReefPack 500

jervismun

In case u guys are curious what the Osmolator Controller Panel consists of.

post-14-1141300852.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yupe! And it will also ensure the protein skimmer working at its optimum all day long (not affected by inconsistent water level anymore). I know I've said this but... it's perfect for people who travels. You don't even have to worry about your tank drying up anymore :-)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

a top end equipment . if i have the money , 800++. maybe 1st may when government give mi money haha.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

But guys I am just reviewing this product base on my own opinion. I am no expert, so when I say "very good" may not necessarily mean that to a lot of other more experienced aquarists. Do consider 1 if you like the product but not because I "say-until-so-good".

But one thing I can assure you is... after running the product for more than 3 days, there isn't a single fault I can find from the product. How often do you come across such product? Not very often indeed. :angel:

As mentioned in another thread, the adapter for Osmolator is quite big (compared to our handphone chargers). All 3 power plugs are not localized (German 2-pin). So a bit troublesome, need to buy 3 converters.

Picture below: I put it next to my specs to help give a sense of scale.

post-14-1141378639.jpg

:cry: The DOC skimmer is not producing candy floss anymore, in fact is looks more like a wet skimming... prob my water is too clean already... what else are there to skim? (the DOC ask, lol). Well, it's both a good thing and a bad thing... mixed together.

I've added a Chromis to add more load to the tank. Will start feeding these 2 days. Hopefully my DOC will get back to normal soon :unsure:

That's a very weird comment... DOC get back to normal, if anything it would be better if your skimmer got rid of all the DOCs right? :)

Haha you got me there... it's just that... it's so satisfying looking at all the nice foam and excrements... suddenly so clean and white, feel like something is missing. And I'm weird! lol

The skimmer is back in action!!! phew! Still wet skimming a bit, I think my water is crystal clean, lol.

i also using the tunze skimmer,not much skim mate

but my corals are doing fine and good

Hi Andy mind sharing a pix of your setup? I really wanna see how your DOC Skimmer fits into the tank/sump. Just to offer our readers more possibilities/ideas when it comes to fixing and layout. :thanks:

• SRC Member

hello .. I'm using the Tunzo 9015 (refer to the post on tunze 9010)

I found out that the skim is on and off (probably skimmed until no more liao :lol:) about 1-2 day dump about 50-100ml ..

The amount and type of skim (wet or dry) is also very dependent on water level .. as my skimmer is placed in the sump where it drops about 2-3" over a 2 week period (clogged filter at overflow)

aquatronica7na.gif

Oh Gunzo I read that this skimmer is very dependent on consistent water lvl (as in many skimmers out there). That's why the ReefPack 500 comes with the Osmolator. In fact, both the protein skimmer and filter benefit greatly from consistent water lvl. That's what Tunze says...

Another great feature! The filter is concealed inside a plastic container, so when I remove it from the filter for maintenance, not a single dirt goes back into the water... brilliant! Use a little brain and it goes a long way...

I swapped a new filter (comes with 5 extras) and will sun dry the old one for future use.

post-14-1141664001.jpg

The ReefPack 500 comes with Comline Filter 3166. That is a mechanical filter system. It doesn't just consist of the protein skimmer.

After running the ReefPack 500 for more than a week, everything seems perfect. You can see my water parameters from my signature below. And do comment if you think there's anything I can improve on.

Meanwhile, enjoy the photo below, taken just now. It's nice to see new LS acting so naturally... I guess that is a sign "better than average" water quality.

post-14-1141904812.jpg

• SRC Member

:D isnt the skimmer abit overkill and oversize for your tank....anyway u left me confused..with more options....

:D

thanks for sharing this product

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

:D isnt the skimmer abit overkill and oversize for your tank....anyway u left me confused..with more options....

:D

thanks for sharing this product

Yeah actually the ReefPack can comfortably support a system 3 times my water volume... my next tank is already in the drawing board, my plan is not to buy new equipments everytime I move to a larger tank.

• SRC Member

Yeah actually the ReefPack can comfortably support a system 3 times my water volume... my next tank is already in the drawing board, my plan is not to buy new equipments everytime I move to a larger tank.

same same that why i got a oversize skimmer too... for 1500Litres....(heavy stocking)

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

same same that why i got a oversize skimmer too... for 1500Litres....(heavy stocking)

It makes more sense this way... I know a lot of reefers upgrade all their equipments along the way... you can just see all the lelong! So in the end... it'll probably end up spending the same amount of money if not more.

Here's a pix of my current setup. LS list is as my signature. I can see a difference to the DOC Protein Skimmer... it's working so much harder now. The bubbles are carrying more derritus and ewww.... so I guess it's the right decision to go for a protein skimmer much larger than the tank capacity.

Well, the only setback is the removal of nutrients (I read from a lot of publications). So when I was dosing essential elements yesterday, I off the protein skimmer for more than 1 hour. I hope this will make a difference. Anyone with better solution?

Ok this is going a bit :off:

post-14-1142043908.jpg