Tunze ReefPack 500

jervismun

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lots of micro bubbles...

The micro bubbles are there to stay... I really dunno what I can do to eliminate the bubbles altogether... well, perhaps moving the ReefPack into my imaginary sump tank, lol. But actually, it's not too bad at times, the bubbles in photos are usually more exagerated as the camera captures at lower shutter speed (not using flash). So you see a lot of them and some in trail. I guess I have to live with it until my next upgrade (June or July 06)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

I am TOTALLY VERY JEALOUS of your tank!

Please don't lol. Nothing great about it, in fact I've done so many newbies mistakes... putting ReefPack into a Nano Cube for one :cry: But we will learn right? So how's things for you? I hope you are enjoying this hobby as much as I do :rolleyes:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• 2 months later...

Guys! This item is currently on sale... do PM me if you are interested :)

I've already decom my 24G Nano Cube. The dimensions for my old tank is roughly 36" by 36" by 34"

The Reefpack 500 fits a standard 2ft tank better :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys... this may marks the end of this product review as I got a serious offer for the entire ReefPack 500... will probably let go this time... finally.

To sum up this review, the Tunze Reefpack 500 is a solid set of equipments put together in a very user-friendly package, perfect for beginners who want a comprehensive set. No hidden costs... just plug and play.

I am eyeing on the Tunze Nano Reefpack actually... will try it out when it reaches Singapore... perhaps an excuse to custom design a cute little nano tank for my office :lol:

Keep on reefing :lol:

Guys... as expected... I cannot part with my Tunze Reefpack 500 lor ;););) I decided not to sell it as the depreciation is way too much and I've decided to start a new custom tank using the Reefpack!!! Yes!!! I will finally have a tank in my office!!! :lol::lol::lol:

• 6 months later...
Hi guys... this may marks the end of this product review as I got a serious offer for the entire ReefPack 500... will probably let go this time... finally.

To sum up this review, the Tunze Reefpack 500 is a solid set of equipments put together in a very user-friendly package, perfect for beginners who want a comprehensive set. No hidden costs... just plug and play.

I am eyeing on the Tunze Nano Reefpack actually... will try it out when it reaches Singapore... perhaps an excuse to custom design a cute little nano tank for my office :lol:

Keep on reefing :lol:

Sorry to revive this thread, but has Tunze Nano Filter or Reefpack arrived yet and where is it available?

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

The Tunze Product is very expensive for a newbie to start with. What about the one Jireh is selling at $188, the quick start reefpack, have anyone use it. I was thinking of having it custom make so can chose own pump and skimmer, any idea where to find such custom made equipment.